Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all,

I can confirm Kevin is safe and well and Leaford is also doing well.

Spent an evening there last night along with Ian (Temeraire). We had an night session so there was plenty of freight activity.

The extension is laid, although there could be some slight changes to incorporate a head shunt for the yard,

It certainly adds another dimension to the operating. 3 operators can have their own section and its as busy as you want it to be. Trying to find a gap in the passenger traffic also adds to the operation.

I haven't taken any pictures of the extension, I'll leave that to Kevin to reveal when its done.

In the meantime here are a few of the night operations.

post-6849-0-92253500-1376463935.jpg

post-6849-0-03352000-1376463948.jpg

post-6849-0-37412600-1376463958.jpg

post-6849-0-10135500-1376463968.jpg

post-6849-0-25476900-1376463982.jpg

post-6849-0-65597600-1376463992.jpg

post-6849-0-49934000-1376464005.jpg

post-6849-0-84025400-1376464018.jpg

post-6849-0-94246800-1376464038.jpg

post-6849-0-71299900-1376464050.jpg

I know some are quite dark but it was night time!

Cheers

Scott

• Like 15

• Phil, if you think you had trouble with the 20,21, 22. That's nothing. The extension starts at 100 through to at least 107!!

The extension includes two stations and more sidings..  Yet to be scenic'ed but I'm sure it wont be long...  

• Phil, if you think you had trouble with the 20,21, 22. That's nothing. The extension starts at 100 through to at least 107!!

The extension includes two stations and more sidings..  Yet to be scenic'ed but I'm sure it wont be long...  

107 oh no. Next you'll be telling me it's back to front as well.

• 1 month later...

107 oh no. Next you'll be telling me it's back to front as well.

Oh No Phil they are upside down!!, Just to say a couple of visiting loco's ready for collection - I am sorry Pitbull they are in a disgusting condition , How things going your sleep being disturbed yet? Maybe we can have a get together when convenient  perhaps if and when you come to collect, with Ian and Phil as well to give the new Leaford a good shakedown session.

post-5799-0-51172000-1380008275.jpg

See you soon.

Kevin.

• Like 8

Hi Kevin. I have just had another read through and it is really good to see NSE stock and the units in the early pages from 2009 :O  I used to live just outside Portsmouth and had many happy evenings at Eastleigh, Southampton Maratime and Fratton, Portsmouth, and I love the NSE stuff, I also lived in Devon for a short while when NSE was launched and would see the 47's and 50's coming through Dawlish and also at Laira.

Great layout, :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Keep the pics coming please, I will be back.

Andy :sungum:

Hi Kevin

Strangely, I found my little scrap of paper with all the track routes on yesterday, so I'm all prepared for a running session - count after me 20, 21, 22...

Phil

Yes Phi,l there is now numbers 203-208, 100-107, 122-129 and oh yes 10-11, and I am sure that there will be more soon (for those who are not familiar with the operation of Leaford, Leaford High Level and Leaford West these are the macro numbers for the route setting) that is what I have been doing recently as well as setting up the auto running with the laptop and railroad & co for the extension. It is all working well now with certain trains setting of from the fiddle roads, stopping at all 3 stations and then returning to the fiddle yards. (hopefully in the right order)

Yes Pete another year has flown by,  the layout now is quite different to when you saw it when you were over, freight trains leave the lower fiddle road run into the old Leaford yard, shunt about a bit and then head for Leaford West via Leaford High Level, and then we start all over again returning trains from Leaford West back to Leaford Yard and so on, all of this dodging the computer operated passenger trains more or less doing the same thing.

Yes Andy, I too look back at the NSE era with fondness although I did not appreciated it quite the same at the time, its always the same you don't miss things until they are gone.

Yes Scott, as explained the layout coming along well, no scenery done yet I just want to get the trackplan and wiring finalised and that's the idea of a good session to ensure that all works ok before I get to knee deep in ballast, and of course my best wishes for the lit'lin.

Anyway a couple of photos the first being a train running through what will be Leaford High Level Station, and the second of Leaford West Station and yard  (the 4TC is in the platform) and the yard is obviously in front.

post-5799-0-02227700-1380134415.jpg

post-5799-0-25700200-1380134453.jpg

Cheerio for now.

Kevin

• Like 13

Yes Phi,l there is now numbers 203-208, 100-107, 122-129 and oh yes 10-11, and I am sure that there will be more soon (for those who are not familiar with the operation of Leaford, Leaford High Level and Leaford West these are the macro numbers for the route setting) that is what I have been doing recently as well as setting up the auto running with the laptop and railroad & co for the extension. It is all working well now with certain trains setting of from the fiddle roads, stopping at all 3 stations and then returning to the fiddle yards. (hopefully in the right order)

Yes Pete another year has flown by,  the layout now is quite different to when you saw it when you were over, freight trains leave the lower fiddle road run into the old Leaford yard, shunt about a bit and then head for Leaford West via Leaford High Level, and then we start all over again returning trains from Leaford West back to Leaford Yard and so on, all of this dodging the computer operated passenger trains more or less doing the same thing.

Yes Andy, I too look back at the NSE era with fondness although I did not appreciated it quite the same at the time, its always the same you don't miss things until they are gone.

Yes Scott, as explained the layout coming along well, no scenery done yet I just want to get the trackplan and wiring finalised and that's the idea of a good session to ensure that all works ok before I get to knee deep in ballast, and of course my best wishes for the lit'lin.

Anyway a couple of photos the first being a train running through what will be Leaford High Level Station, and the second of Leaford West Station and yard  (the 4TC is in the platform) and the yard is obviously in front.

attachicon.gifsmallpix 457.jpg

attachicon.gifsmallpix 458.jpg

Cheerio for now.

Kevin

Thanks for the pic Kevin, its looking good.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff

Kevin is on a cruise ship again at the moment but I know that Leaford's days on the road are almost certainly over now I'm afraid. Kevin has added a fairly large extension to the layout that isn't portable.

• 1 month later...

Merry Christmas to one and all, Santa's just been and left loads of presents I just couldn't sleep I was so excited.

anyway a bit of an update on the layout, Leaford now has 3 stations and 3 fiddle yards, apart from the two scenic boards, Thenew fiddle yard comprises 8 roads (2 computer controlled passenger roads) and fits underneath the recently added Leaford West boards, I have attached a couple of poor photos (I struggled with the camera yesterday).

post-5799-0-60156400-1387950759.jpg

post-5799-0-86773300-1387950832.jpg

So for the Leaford off the road crew more bloody numbers to remember (Macro 19 to 12), but I hope that this will not put you of a good running in session at some point in the future, hopefully see you at Paul's on the 29th.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Kevin.

• Like 8

Merry Christmas to you and your family Kevin,

Look like you have been busy. I am over next May so maybe we can catch up.

All the best, Peter.

Many thanks Pete, yes  I would look forward to a meet up in May, it can always be at Leaford at least to start with, hopefully by then it will have progressed beyond bare baseboards.

And yes Shed it is a shame but nothing lasts forever, but you never know having built two completely new mini layouts  (the extensions to Leaford  in the last few months) a new mini exhibition jobby may be on the cards, and as for the video of the Leaford new bits - I am waiting for a good mate to come around and do it for me - you know somebody with a lot more expertise in that line of work.

Happy and prosperous New Year to everyone.

Kevin.  

Edited by Hampshire Hog
  • Like 2

Hi Kevin

All looking good, although all those shots of stacked fiddle yards and complex woodworking reminds me of building a helix.

I'm happy to have a crack at doing a bit of filming - after all, Leaford already features as two out of the top four most viewed videos on the Beresford Junction YouTube channel, and the one from 2011 features a very young mini Beresford Junction crying in the background which I suspect detracts from the overall viewing pleasure.

post-10336-0-95681300-1388178372_thumb.png

As for the new numbers, I think I'm going to have to get a slightly larger bit of paper to write them all down on.

Phil

• Like 5