RMweb

Millway Dock featuring Leaford NSE layout now sold.

Hampshire Hog

Hi Ian,

Looks like you had a good time, I like the pics too. Your locos look at home on Kevs layout, suprised he let you take them home.:D 33008 has always been one of my favourite Cromptons it looks great sat on that departmental train.

Hi Scott,

Hope you have a good day, this might fire you up and give you some ideas for your new layout.;)

Couldn't resist a pic of the real thing hope you don't mind Kevin.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-39760800-1304815112_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

i only wish i had the time, space and skill to build a layout like this

this is my favourite period and area and what stock i have has been gathered with a layout like this in mind

it has never got past the toy trian loop yet and with jobs around the house to do can't see the wife letting me spend time doing it when there is more important Destroy it yourself to be done!

love this thread :yes:

:blush: Well thats another show under our belts, had a really good time at Wilton. Thanks Kevin for allowing me to be part of the team. Thanks also for letting the monster make an appearance in the last half hour...

It was good to have a chat with lots of interested and interesting people, from the very young to the very old.

Leaford performed well, I wiah the same could be said for Temeraire (Ian) and I.. :blush:

Sunday means Engineering! The yard started to fill up as the day went on.

post-6849-0-02831600-1304883656_thumb.jpg

post-6849-0-14022900-1304883649_thumb.jpg

The last half an hour was play time or should that be route learning!

Ugly Betty arrives on time.

post-6849-0-31357600-1304883659_thumb.jpg

It was soon parked up out of the way!

post-6849-0-14833900-1304883796_thumb.jpg

Just need Howes to do a sound chip now..

Thanks for a good weekend Leaford Crew..

Cheers

Scott

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

Great to see the photos of your layout in action for those up us too far North to make it to the southern shows - might have to try and plan one in around visiting family in Poole/Bournmouth so that I can get to a show you might be at. You have a nice selection of stock and seeing the overall layout like that gives you a good idea of just how much operating potential you have.

Keep up the good work and always nice to see your updates.

Thanks,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

might have to try and plan one in around visiting family in Poole/Bournmouth so that I can get to a show you might be at.

Mark

Don't suppose you're coming down for the Whitsun weekend as we are at the New Forest Show in Brockenhurst May 28-29th?

• RMweb Gold

Ugly Betty arrives on time.

Just need Howes to do a sound chip now.

if you prefer it without silencer then an AC44-9W loksound select decoder from the US would sound fantastic ;)

post-6922-0-37912400-1304789608_thumb.jpg

An overall view of the layout in place at Wilton.

Wow, this layout has so much depth I didn't realise how compact it was till this photo turned up. Stunning layout

• RMweb Premium

By way of neutralising Scott's violations of this thread.:yes: ;) :laugh:

Ugly Betty arrives on time

It was soon parked up out of the way!

post-6922-0-26379200-1304982103_thumb.jpg

Illustrious, one of Exford's finest positions its train for unloading in the warehouse on Sunday morning.B)

post-6922-0-38494900-1304982126_thumb.jpg

50037 idles away with its 'sweet music' audible to all whilst its train is unloaded.:P

• Like 3

P.C.M said

"Your locos look at home on Kevs layout, suprised he let you take them home. 33008 has always been one of my favourite Cromptons it looks great sat on that departmental train"

Your right Pete, they are gorgeous are'nt they my favourites "The Burma Star" and "Illustrious" I nearly put them into the wrong stock box (accidently mind) whilst packing away.

"Couldn't resist a pic of the real thing hope you don't mind Kevin"

Your pictures are always welcome Pete, thanks for posting them.

Again a fantastic weekend at Wilton. Good show, Good layouts, Good company, Good fun, lots of friends both old and new and lots of chat.

My thanks as ever to the organisers, and the Leaford Crew (particularly for the photos, ok even for ugly betty).

Marcyg wrote

"Wow, this layout has so much depth I didn't realise how compact it was till this photo turned up. Stunning layout"

My thanks for your kind comments, A picky below to explain the reason for it's compact size

post-5799-0-83327300-1305007232_thumb.jpg

Leaford in its natural environment my dining Room. (Special thanks to the Misses :angry:)

ess1uk. perhaps you could try for your dining room perhaps a nice meal at a local hostelry maybe a bottle of wine or two or three!!!

The New Forest Exhibition (Brockenhurst) is next needless to say I am looking forward to it.

Which reminds me, to PaulRhB, How's Canada Paul? I hope you are having a good time, I wonder can you do the Sunday for me at Brockenhurst please?

My best regards.

Kevin

• Like 3

don't think the wife would let me get away with that!

Well, perhaps you could suggest that you are going to re-decorate your dining room, and she should not go in whilst the work is going on because you want it to be a suprise, sneak the layout in and then suggest you are just looking after it for a mate :)

No! ok perhaps not.

Kevin.

Hi kevin,

Hope you enjoy the Brockenhurst show, it's my old club :D I went there for years right up until I left for Oz . I still keep in touch with a few members, mainly John Dedman. Llanbourne actually did it's only ever Exhibition at Brockenhurst though it has changed a bit since then.

Cheers Peter.

I'd love a stock list like that. I always built large layouts, my last was 50 odd feet, and I have scale length trains to match. However, where I live now the layout is restricted to 12' by 9' and I'm finding the operation much more intensive than turning all 4 controllers to 'on' and just watching the trains go by. Maybe I should have a rethink. This layout and layouts like Oulton TMD and Llanbourne have that certain 'something' that makes them very enjoyable to see. Not the biggest, but some of the best thoguht out :yahoo:

Well, perhaps you could suggest that you are going to re-decorate your dining room, and she should not go in whilst the work is going on because you want it to be a suprise, sneak the layout in and then suggest you are just looking after it for a mate :)

No! ok perhaps not.

Kevin.

funny, as she wants the kitchen diner decorated, but she knows my destroy it yourself skills so would be worried if i started with the wood work! :laugh:

results to follow, watch this space

Hi Kevin

I really enjoyed seeing Leaford at Wilton last Saturday. It is just my kind of layout, plenty of diesels, plenty of freight and lots of detail.

Three questions on the detail and rolling stock of Leaford:

1. Where did you get the lorries from?

2. Where are the warwells and warflats from?

3. Where are the scorpion tanks from?

Thanks for your help Kevin, in advance.

Matthew

• RMweb Gold

Which reminds me, to PaulRhB, How's Canada Paul? I hope you are having a good time, I wonder can you do the Sunday for me at Brockenhurst please?

Canada?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/37148-canadian-rockies-tour/page__pid__395977&do=findComment&comment=395977

Oh yes :D

Yep send me a text or give me a buzz to say when, I'm free all day and I'll bring the weathered bullets too

Now you've allowed on US locos shall I bring the two models of these I brought back too? ;)

post-6968-0-10009200-1305424193_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

P.C.M. wrote

Hi kevin,

Hope you enjoy the Brockenhurst show, it's my old club :D I went there for years right up until I left for Oz . I still keep in touch with a few members, mainly John Dedman. Llanbourne actually did it's only ever Exhibition at Brockenhurst though it has changed a bit since then.

Cheers Peter

Hello Pete, I am sure that we will enjoy the Brockenhurst Show, I am wondering whether there are any pictures of Llanbourne at Brockenhurst it would be good to compare i.e. then and now, This will not be my first time at this show either, previously taking Leaway Park back in the mid 90's I think - perhaps we were both there!!

To Marcyg, I to have had larger roundy, roundy layouts in the past but operationally they can be a bit dull, Great if you like watching trains go by, smaller end to end layouts need more thought as to how get maximum fun and therefore be more stimulating for the operator.

Hi ess1uk, I will certainly watch with interest?

Hello Matthew (Mattmeister) I am glad that you enjoyed the Wilton Show, Most of the Lorries (Tractor Units and Trailers) were manufactured by KeilCraft originaly but now are available from Knightwing (it would appear in limited supply).

post-5799-0-24014700-1305525217_thumb.jpg

Other Tractor Units were available from Nigel at M.S.I.M a few years ago mainly Volvo and Mercedes, sadly no longer available

post-5799-0-19398800-1305525326_thumb.jpg

The Warwell and Warflats are Genesis Kits and the Scorpions (and Scimiters)are Airfix

post-5799-0-94955000-1305525989_thumb.jpg

post-5799-0-36429500-1305526060_thumb.jpg

To PaulRhB, I will give you a buz later, and you are welcome to bring along your new acquisitions but it would appear that I will have to extend Leaford First.

Kevin

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

There might well be a pic or two in the club photo album.:D Llanbourne was at the open day Nov 27 1994. I left for Oz in 95 so may have missed Leaway Park at Brockenhurst as I don't remember seeing it there. I am sure I saw Leaway Park at other exhibitions though as I used to help John operate Hollybank now and then plus I did a few shows with the clubs Mossbank Yard. Which was a great layout to play on with plenty going happening, Johns Hollybank depot could be attached to one end of Mossbank which added even more fun.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Following a route learning visit to Kevins on Friday I condensed the macro settings guide, 3 sheets of A4, for the points to a handy card to stick in the pocket. We can see if it makes sense to you guys on sunday.

I'll fold it over and laminate it so the station is one side and the FY on the other.

post-6968-0-44929200-1306223958_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Following a route learning visit to Kevins on Friday I condensed the macro settings guide, 3 sheets of A4, for the points to a handy card to stick in the pocket. We can see if it makes sense to you guys on sunday.

I'll fold it over and laminate it so the station is one side and the FY on the other.

/quote]

Thanks for that Paul, I am sure it will be very useful (especially for me), and speaking of Sunday this coming weekend at Brockenhurst is the New Forest Model Railway Exhibition, Leaford will be there I hope that you will be there to, I think it is fair to say that we are all very much looking forward to it, should be a great weekend open both Saturday as well as Sunday.

Visitors to Leaford, a couple of Pitbulls Locos.

post-5799-0-32392000-1306304218_thumb.jpg

post-5799-0-81114400-1306304281_thumb.jpg

Look forward to seeing you at Brockenhurst.

Kevin

• Like 3

oooh they look good Kevin.. Looking forward to having them back on shed after the weekend.. Although the freightliner drivers aren't too happy about the new contracts taking some of the business...

See you on Saturday,

Cheers

Scott

Hi Guys

Great updates as ever - I'll be there on Saturday at Brockenhurst to see it in real life again so will say hello.

Cheers

Phil

Yes please do Phil I look forward to meeting you, an address for the New Forest Model Railway Show is:-

Brockenhust Village Hall,

Highwood Road,

Brockenhurst,

Hants,

SO42 7RY.

Opening times:- Saturday 10.00 - 18.00

Sunday 10.00 - 16.30

Just to show my age "Be their, or be square" My mum told me all about the 60's, honest!

Regards

Kevin