Penhallick Junction

treggyman

Hi Bill

I forgot to upload the links after adding them to my photo bucket pages, I've added some pics to my post above now. good to see the layout & you in real life, look forward to visiting Creedyford in the future.

• Like 1

My Pics from Saturday.

IMG_0971_zps1be72e4b.jpg

IMG_0972_zpsf7bf5bfa.jpg

IMG_0974_zpsb4a2cc83.jpg

IMG_0976_zpsbfffb2dc.jpg

IMG_0979_zpsb3690fe7.jpg

IMG_0983_zps40a473ee.jpg

Hi Ralph

Thanks for posting those pictures....

It's nice to see other peoples pictures as they tend to see different things from the same scene & take them from different angles.....

You've certainly taken some good ones there.....Thanks again for posting

Cheers Bill

Some great pics on here Bill - really like the low level shots... :good:

Hi bcnPete,

There are some very nice pictures taken by the audience....

Being in natural light certainly helps bring out the colours....I had the lighting rig on but it didn't show up at all....

I would agree that the low level shots have certainly come out well....Thanks to those that took them & posted them...

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

A fantastic layout! I've enjoyed reading through these pages and seeing it develop. It captures perfectly the atmosphere of a cornish branchline.

Brilliant!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks very much for the comment....

The layout has taken a lot of thought & was inspired by all the pictures I took on my nephew & my jaunts in the mid 2000's to Par ,StBlazey & the surrounding area.....

That enabled me to combine what I saw with imagining how all the various bits could be 'cobbled' together in a prototypical manner to form the model.

Thanks again

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

Hi Mevaman

Sorry to hear you're poorly... Get well soon...

However thats a superb site you've found ,thanks for adding it.....As you say some superb pictures of a now bygone past...See what you mean about the containers!!!!

The DITD boys would probably be interested in the pics of the buildings.....

Thanks again & hope you're better soon

Cheers Bill

Only just happened upon this thread..

Those container wagons at St Blazey are odd- they're carrying 'Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority' containers. I have a vague memory of something to do with contaminated waste, shot-blasting residue or something, being taken from Falmouth to 'up North'. I wonder if these wagons were something to do with that?

The 'Tunny' in the shot with the Grampus behind 47 704 is a rare catch- it's a Southern Railway-built wagon. If you're tempted to model it, Chivers Finelines do a nice kit.

• Like 1

Hi Ralph

Thanks for posting those pictures....

It's nice to see other peoples pictures as they tend to see different things from the same scene & take them from different angles.....

You've certainly taken some good ones there.....Thanks again for posting

Cheers Bill

Your welcome, glad you like my photo's, 

Only just happened upon this thread..

Those container wagons at St Blazey are odd- they're carrying 'Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority' containers. I have a vague memory of something to do with contaminated waste, shot-blasting residue or something, being taken from Falmouth to 'up North'. I wonder if these wagons were something to do with that?

The 'Tunny' in the shot with the Grampus behind 47 704 is a rare catch- it's a Southern Railway-built wagon. If you're tempted to model it, Chivers Finelines do a nice kit.

Hi Fat Controller

Thanks for the info....Especially on the availability of a kit for a Tunny.

I had been tempted when time allows to build one but hopefully a kit will make the job easier.

Cheers Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Well Penhallick has been set up & 'played' with prior to it's trip to the Barnstaple show next Saturday......

All wheels cleaned,loco's tested,points etc all working......Tempting fate I know !!!!!

Had a slight disaster as I had left 37668 on one of the boards,& although I had left it's box on the baseboard to remind me,when I took the box off I forgot......

A vertical flight of about 6ft later,fortunately only a broken buffer & loose glazing was the result.....Lucky or what!!!!!

Anyway, if you come,say hello.....

Cheers Bill

• Like 2

Hi Jack,

Just shows what a tiny brain I have as I literally took the box off,realised why it was there,promptly forgot,lifted the baseboard down & wondered what the loud crash was...

Looked & saw the 37 on the floor.....Stunned silence followed as I almost didn't dare pick the loco up.....

Thanks for your best wishes for Saturday....Am certainly looking forward to the show.......

Cheers Bill

Looking forward to see you and Penhallick on Saturday.

The bacon butties will be avaliable in the morning!

Hi Bill

Looking forward see you and Penhallick Junction at Barnstaple this Saturday

Hi Richard & Ray

'Twill be good to see you both again.....

I'm really looking forward to the show as is my son......

& a bacon buttie will be welcome after a very early start........

Cheers Bill

How have I missed this cracking layout a wonderful read throughout the thread and the pictures are top notch too keep up the great work. :imsohappy:

Hi Cov Guard

Thanks for the kind comment.....Greatly appreciated...

Hopefully there will be more after Saturday from different people as they always seem to view things from a different angle & highlight areas that I sometimes don't see.

There are a few things I want to add, but all has been on hold while Creedyford gets done

Thanks again

Cheers Bill

Way to go Bill, looking forward to seeing the layout in the flesh at the weekend, am feeling the pressure as well I have my new layout there for its first show, aaargh not much time left!!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/35993-hobbiton-end/&do=findComment&comment=382983

Anyway, see you on Saturday

Best wishes

Simon

Hi Simon,

Looking forward to meeting up with you again.....It's been a while....Last West of England show I think.

Also looking forward to seeing your new 'Creation'..........

I am sure all  will be fine on the day.......I know the feeling.

See you Saturday

Cheers Bill