LT Pannier

Torn-on-the-platform

I have searched to see if anyone else had noticed this, but it seems not.

The Bachmann 57xx in LT livery was in stock at my local model shop when I paid a visit this afternoon. I had to buy it!

The prediction is that it will sell out fast. I would assume its very similar to the previous LT pannier tanks that Bachmann have released, but I will post up a few photos later.

Kent Garden Railways in St Mary Cray, Orpington. They have recently moved into the shop next door so there is space to move about! Fantastic.

Hatton's isn't yet showing them as available.

Took some photos, lighting isn't fantastic so if more are wanted, I will take some tomorrow morning when the sun is coming through my window!

post-7423-0-94608500-1312042888_thumb.jpg

post-7423-0-44238700-1312042910_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I sent the previous release L95(by KMRC 32-210Z) to Trains-On-Time to have a Pannier Sound system fitted - it sounds just great :yahoo: . Maybe L89 will follow in due course :rolleyes: .

Looking in my cupboard I've found another two LT panniers - L94 (31-903) and L99 (much older Bachmann box with no model number on the box - just handwritten "LT") finished in a much darker maroon with black wheel spokes. Interesting, inside the is a service sheet for L91 with a loco code 900-100 forming part of a London Transport set :blink: .

Wonder how many LT Panniers Bachmann have produced.....

Keith

I think you might find you have the complete set!

Can anyone comment on the running qualities - all my panniers (3, including L95) have a distinct waddle (not huntig from side to side, just waddling but staying in line on the track).

L89 is on the 'want list', but wish it could have waited a few months...

I had always thought that my model of 7739 was an 8750, but today, whilst comparing with L89, I realised that it is infact a 57xx. I don't know where I got the idea that its an 8750 from! Whilst checking my facts, I found it was one of the unlucky LT panniers that didn't survive into preservation. I suppose you could add it to the list? B)

• RMweb Gold

I received an email from Rails stating they had some in stock on Friday. On Satuday evening their website stated out of stock. Gah! I'll have to wait a little longer.

I've noticed that Rails do tend to get items in stock quicker than other suppliers. Perhaps they're just quicker at updating their website...

Guest dilbert

I received an email from Rails stating they had some in stock on Friday. On Satuday evening their website stated out of stock. Gah! I'll have to wait a little longer.

Given the current economic climate, it is good to see models getting a rapid turnround from stock to customer delivery - if Barwell has little or no remaining stock of this LT Pannier, then this could be an item that gets re-issued (even with a different rolling stock number) for 2012 - not so much a wishlist item from my persepctive, but this item appears to be popular ... dilbert

Now that Bachmann have released this model it would be nice if they released suitable rolling stock such as the 3 plank wagon that was in the LTM set as it always fetched a high price on ebay.

Pete.

My Kernow Models ltd ed is my pride and joy. Can't justify a 2nd one though...

Given the current economic climate, it is good to see models getting a rapid turnround from stock to customer delivery - if Barwell has little or no remaining stock of this LT Pannier, then this could be an item that gets re-issued (even with a different rolling stock number) for 2012 - not so much a wishlist item from my persepctive, but this item appears to be popular ... dilbert

Maybe they would do a second run of the same loco to satisfy demand for this release but I would be surprised if a second one only a year later would sell as well. Afterall, for most people they will be a novelty purchase as they are just something a little different, without a silly price tag. I know some people will buy any LT pannier released, as Keith clearly has, but I'm sure one red pannier will be enough for the majority. This certainly was the case for me!

It would be nice to see a bit of LT liveried stock to follow though. Didn't they produce a brake van for Kernow?

• RMweb Gold

WHAT DO I DO NOW? :help:

I ordered one online from Rails Saturday evening after close of business. The front page said newly arrived but the actual page for ordering said they were on order so I took a chance they'd not updated the main page.

WRONG!

I rang this morning to check if they had my order, which they have, but said the initial ones had gone quickly and more were on order.

Not a problem with Rails - they've acted correctly in all this.

My question is - do we expect Bachmann to have more to deliver, or should I cancel the order and get one whilst I can? What I don't know is whether the big players like Rails or Hattons get more than 1 delivery of the same item when it's popular?

Not wishing to upset Metr0land but i just checked with Rails and mine wss dispatched this morning by First Class post. I did however place the order within 5 minutes of receiving their newsletter on Friday. I hope Bachmann do have more of these in stock as this is a very popular model.

Before anyone mentions that LT Panniers never made it onto the Croxley Green Branch! This one will appear on my Croxley WRD layout together with a 3F which did appear on the branch and some green diesels as we go back to the late 1950' early 60's. The Oerlikon building is also progressing I resolved the roof issue over the weekend!

I will post some photos in the future of steam on the layout and might even Photo-shop some smoke in!

Xerces Fobe

My question is - do we expect Bachmann to have more to deliver, or should I cancel the order and get one whilst I can? What I don't know is whether the big players like Rails or Hattons get more than 1 delivery of the same item when it's popular?

Possibly but I wouldn't take the chance if you really want one.

I've had an order with Rails in the past that they kept open 'awaiting stock', when the 'A' release came out though I pointed out there probably wasn't going to be any more stock coming..

Archived