Content

Semley for Shaftesbury by Martin Finney

Small Suppliers Forum

Lawrence Hill Junction Signal Box by Robin Whittle

Wha's They Two Up to? by Trevor Potts

LMS 17ft 6in Wheelbase Vehicles by Craig Welsh

Layout Chassis by Chris Yates.

• RMweb Gold

Oooo more naughtiness frae Mr Welsh I see....

Hmmmmmmm :yahoo:

I assume that Craig has finally given in and allowed Wild Swan think that this is his actual surname (unless he's either altered it by Deed Poll or adopted it as his nom de plume!... :lol: :lol: )

Glad to see Robin's got his signalbox in MRJ as well.

I assume that Craig has finally given in and allowed Wild Swan think that this is his actual surname (unless he's either altered it by Deed Poll or adopted it as his nom de plume!... :lol: :lol: )

:P , im not the only one playing with nom de plume in MRJ.. As long as the cheque has the correct info on it ;).

I seem to have "life-link" brakes in a caption rather than lift-link.. Haven't read though the rest but im pleased with how it looks anyway. Do give me feedback guys once you've read it and had a think :).

Rest of the issue looks rather good again too, i'll have a read after the F1.

Semley is fantastic pity Mr Finney cant get a working shunting horse ,trackwork very well done nice to see a model of a place rather than a fictional one perhaps Tevor Pott could do some of his figures for Mr Finney,s locos.Overall a very interesting magazine this month,

Another excellent edition.

Fascinating to read and see Mr Finneys layout - very nice.

The rest is pretty good as well.

As to young Craig and his latest bit of dribble worthy prose about his adventures in etching - excellent and entertaining. :good:

I'm looking forward to locking horns with them once they get out into "the wild..." Bravo on another tasty looking bit of naughtiness...

I was especially taken with the ref to Steven Harris and his 2mm beasties - maybe more should look at his ideas?

Semley is fantastic pity Mr Finney cant get a working shunting horse ....

Given the advances in nano-motor technology and the further advances in DCC, that day may not be very far away.

Semley Station has its own website - a Scimitar enthusiast lives in it now, and he refers to Martin Finney as "Martin Baker"!

• RMweb Gold

It's a good issue, but am I the only one to look at Semley and think 'nice layout, but a little sterile'?

More good stuff on the wagon underframes Craig, very interesting reading.

It is a work in progress after all. It's a bit like criticizing Jim Smith Wright for not having the wires up on New Street.

I love the control solution. All that interlocking that in turn controls the power feeds, great stuff that.

I'd love to see the finished product once a breath of character has been blown over it.

It's a good issue, but am I the only one to look at Semley and think 'nice layout, but a little sterile'?

More good stuff on the wagon underframes Craig, very interesting reading.

Thanks :). I got a hand written letter in response to that with a SAE with it asking about Archer rivet transfers, had to look up addresses and phone numbers to send back to the chap. Rather odd feeling discovering someone without a computer now.

Semley unfortunately had the most unfinished bits photographed too and Martin didn't get the chance to bring many trains out of the fiddleyard. Hopefully we'll see more in the future of it.

• RMweb Gold

Semley unfortunately had the most unfinished bits photographed too and Martin didn't get the chance to bring many trains out of the fiddleyard. Hopefully we'll see more in the future of it.

I agree. There are several 'magnum opus' layouts in development at present but it's nice to see the LSWR being the subject in this case.

Archived