Model rail 138 December

grahame

JJust finnished watching the Free DVD with my copy, very good indeed for a free inclusive item! the Hornby select controller guide has given me knowledge now I can pass on to customers if they ever ask ( ive never used one before )

True Bachmann are doing the class 70, but never know, can't wait till the 30th to see what Hornbys plans are, Im guessing something AC or DC based to the agenda for 2010..?

NL

Just wondering is there anything with network rail for the 2010 range??? (quote)

Are you meaning Model Rail Ltd Editions or Hornby? Can't say on the Hornby front - can't actually remember. Model Rail has a NR yellow Mk2 coach booked with Bachmann, to go with the NR Class 37 that's available now. no date for it, though. Could be ages before Bachmann does any more Mk2s.

CHRIS LEIGH

Just wondering is there anything with network rail for the 2010 range??? (quote)

Are you meaning Model Rail Ltd Editions or Hornby? Can't say on the Hornby front - can't actually remember. Model Rail has a NR yellow Mk2 coach booked with Bachmann, to go with the NR Class 37 that's available now. no date for it, though. Could be ages before Bachmann does any more Mk2s.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris,

Sorry I ment to say Hornby, I was hoping for them to do these's Network Rail JNA wagons http://ukrailrollingstock.fotopic.net/p23338240.html & http://ukrailrollingstock.fotopic.net/c741398.html . So it is a go ahead then for Model Rail Ltd Editions Network rail MK2 nice I have order two or three biggrin.gif Though would this be a set like MK2 SO and a MK2 Brake?? So wont Bachmann just do your order for MK2's or will they do when they make other Mk2's

ATB

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there

Just wondering if either of the other prize winners from this issue's 'Show and Tell' have received their prizes yet? I'd not had anything up to Christmas Eve but have been away, so wondered if it might be waiting for me when I get back.

My secret wish is that the deal with Dremel falls through, and they send me a Hornby Clan instead - but that might be dreaming a little bit too much!

Cheers guys, keep up the good work

Tom

I can PROBABLY arrange to replace faulty DVDs until our office stock runs out.

You'll need to e-mail me your name and full postal address.

In order to provide 'proof of purchase' please also look at page 5 of the mag and tell me what I want for Christmas!

Just returned from the Hornby press preview. Lots of good things for 2010 - se the next Model Rail on 30 December.

No, there's no B*** P***man!

CHRIS LEIGH

Did anybody who requested a replacement DVD receive one?

I emailed on Dec 10th but haven't heard anything.

regds,

AL

Well, I dealt with all the e-mails I had, long ago.

Send your postal address details to

chris.leigh@bauermedia.co.uk

as I delete e-mails once I've answered them.

CHRIS LEIGH

Hi Chris,

I sent my original email to your RMWeb inbox - I have sent a copy to your email as requested. A replacement DVD would be appreciated.

thnk you,

Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I thought I was really lucky to find a copy of Model Rail in a bookstore in California last week.

Today I was in a store in San Antonio, Texas, and they had a stack of 7 or 8, right in the front rack! I wonder whom they expect to sell them to?

But what's that about a DVD?

• RMweb Premium

Someone used to pinch the chocolate bars out of the Beano too.

Premiums are hit-and-miss over here. Sometimes they make it through.

The last DVD that I got was restricted to British zone only (not sure which mag though.)

in San Antonio, Texas, and they had a stack of 7 or 8, right in the front rack! I wonder whom they expect to sell them to? (quote)

Its a funny old thing, distribution. In the mail which we got after the very first issue in Autumn 1997, was a letter from a reader who bought his copy in the Australian outback. It was tough finding a copy in Scotland but you could get it OK in Oz!!

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived