Mansfield 2012 is go!

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

It is with great pleasure that I have had confirmation today that Tummel VIII will be making an appearance at this year's show. Big thanks to the boys from the ERS and especially David Harrison and Allan Parker for stepping in at the last minute

That's my O gauge fix sorted, and it's steam too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a quick update to confirm everything is going to plan so far (tempting fate that!)

A new feature for this year is that we will be selling souvenir coasters just like wot Andy did for the Member's Day. There will be three versions:

post-6717-0-29165700-1328098129.jpg

This one features all the layouts booked to appear and the other two are generic steam and diesel shots taken on Summat Colliery over the years:

post-6717-0-11240500-1328098141.jpg

post-6717-0-40504100-1328098148.jpg

So hopefully something to appeal to most visitors. They will only be a quid, so please grab one when you visit - ideal for that mug of tea/pint/scotch on your modelling bench ;)

All proceeds will go to St Peter's Church and the local Scouts as usual. If they go well I will consider other merchandising ideas for next year.

• RMweb Gold

Quick update following last night's committee meeting

We have another trader Martin Wright who has stepped in at the last minute to cover for the IronHorseHouse train-sim people who just don't seem to want to be contacted. The good news for me is now I won't be moving to a smaller space on Sunday with my demo, sorry Steve G, you've got me all weekend :lol:

We also have a surprise book launch from Booklaw - more details to follow. Blimey, we are getting more like Nottingham every day ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

a quote from the introduction from the book

This compilation of pictures illustrating the engine sheds within the Eastern Region of British Railways, along with

their motive power, originates from the cameras of three photographers. Two of them, Don Beecroft and Keith Pirt

play something of a supporting role in this album whilst the bulk of the views are the work of the late David Dalton.

From the early Fifties’ until his death in 2009, David Dalton was well respected amongst the railway fraternity

of Nottingham. Indeed, alongside his RCTS friends including Don Beecroft, John Hitchins and Don Boydon, he

moved in the same circles as John Wilson and was photographing trains at Nottingham Victoria station at the

same time as T.G.Hepburn. We owe a great debt of gratitude to these men for achieving, in photographic form, the

memories which we now share, study and admire.

David was perhaps ‘Champion of the Underdog’ by which, for instance, he hunted down the last Horwich engine

confined to its birth place, or loitered around Mansfield engine shed as the last of the Tilbury tanks embarked on

their last trips. Likewise he searched out the classic 'Patriot' portrait taken on 13th November 1956 at Rugby; he

had the knack of being in the right place, at the right time.

Some of his work shown here for the first time reveals something of the genius of the man devoted to steam and

who still had the joy of a young ‘spotter’ etched into his face even in his latter years. His stories of railwaymen and

engines could not be rivalled.

So sit back and enjoy a trip around the engine shed of the Easer Region as they were in BR days; you don't even

have to get off the coach.

It will be on sale at the Mansfield Show along with a selection of Booklaw's other publications in the Railway Photography room on the first floor.

This is the first book from Booklaw featuring David's photos and hopefully will not be the last!

• RMweb Gold

Thomas & Friends is almost ready!

Come along and have a play:-

post-6745-0-65916500-1330269574_thumb.jpg

post-6745-0-84145300-1330269525_thumb.jpg

Well, just to cause me even more panic I'm working away this week!

Good job I booked Friday off on Holiday to get a few more finishing touches sorted.

Thw whole layout, locos and points can be operated via the Selects (which are acting as Walkabout units connected up to the Elite) the Elite itself, the push buttons on the mimic panel(points only) and via the touch screen.

Plenty to play with and operate, need to find somewhere to put the Elite though, doesn't look great where it is at the minute!

If you're about come and have a chat.

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the update Ian, Thomas & Freinds is looking good :)

well, less than a week to go now - Andrea has asked me for loads of card from work for the cake bases, so I guess the production of butter, flour, eggs and sugar based comestibles will be starting shortly ;)

Those of you wishing to sample her wares better come on Saturday as the Social Committee members will be providing all the food on the Sunday.

As you may have seen from my blog all the Vs and sleepers have been prepared. Just got some switch blades to file and then I'll be all set to start soldering in front of the surging hoards on Saturday morning :lol:

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid I've just confirmed with Andy Y that due to personal circumstances he won't be able to bring the RMweb roadshow to Mansfield this year :cray_mini2: Hope you can make it for 2013 Andy.

This means traction has more elbow room for his Thomas and Friends layout, probably as well knowing how many kids will be queuing up to get him to run ALL his stock in succession :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Spoke to Showstoppers today, the Best in Show trophy will be ready for collection on Thursday - I've printed off loads of voting forms so all visitors to this weekend's show please vote for your favourite layout

Next year there will only be one name on the list - Fourgig East (only joking) :lol:

• RMweb Gold

So,

the show is tomorrow. All hell will break loose at 5pm tonight when we get there to make sure all the rooms are prepped ready for exhibitors and traders to arrive at 6. From the communications I've had over the last few days it seems like most are setting up this evening, so the car park should be fun, the lift is already quivering at the prospect of so much use :lol:

Looks like today's lovely spring weather will not last into the weekend, so forget going to the coast/park/hills and come along to the MANSFIELD SHOW

Oh, and Andrea's baked 3 massive traybakes, which will be butter (yes butter) iced this afternoon ..........

Archived