Mansfield 2012 is go!

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

Following a meeting last week it has been confirmed that Mansfield 2012 is go and is set for the 3rd and 4th March 2012

post-6717-0-86896700-1317633575_thumb.jpg

list of layouts as confirmed, in no particular order as they say:

Thomas & Friends - N - Ian Wigglesworth (traction)

Outon Road - OO - Cav Millward (RBE)

Streatham Depot - OO - Nottingham MRC - Dave Paylor (davep101)

Deeping Lane - OO - Neil Mason (mason)

David's Dublo - OO - The Rev Fudger, who promises 4 loops of 3 rail action seeing as it's our fourth show!

Hatton Parkway - N - ian Morton (ian), Ian will also bring his emporium for all your layout bits and bobs

St Minions - EM - Steve Grantham (steve1) our first EM layout at Mansfield :)

Avyn-a-Llyin - 009 - Andy Bailey

Board Lane - OO - Chris Trafford

Hornby Clockwork - O - Malcolm Hughes

Tummell VIII - O - Allan Parker

So as usual it's a bit of an RMweb event, and a certain Andy York will be bringing the RMweb roadshow, not sure how he's going to cope without the oatcakes though .... ;) Great to have you onboard Andy :)

Traders are as 2011:

Benhams

Sherwood Models (with a much increased stand)

Keith's Models

M&B Models

Wyvern Models

Booklaw

We also have been approached by a company that does train sim software, which will be something a bit different.

David Wright from Dovedale Models will be manning his demo stand again

The photography exhibition will again feature photos from the 50's and 60's

I will probably man a demo table again, either carrying on with Fourgig East or maybe some DCC stuff

and finally, we hope to have an announcement about a new (local to Mansfield) product that should be making it's debut at our show ......

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Been talking to Andy Y and he may not be able to attend after all, I'm keeping a table open for him should his circumstances change

Oh and a change to the traders list, after 3 years we have decided not to ask K&M back as we have been approached by M&B Models from Grantham for a stand. We look forward to seeing them and their wares in March!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a quick post to remind you all that it's only just over a month until the Mansfield Show - updates are being posted to the website www.mansfieldmodelrailway.co.uk

Now where's my soldering iron for that track building demo .....

• RMweb Gold

Track building demo??? just in time for my next project, think ill be bending your ear Ian.

Just over a month left, cant wait..

When I say track building demo what I really mean is get a whole two days modelling time to build the track for Fourgig +

Are you planning O gauge then Neil? :lol:

When I say track building demo what I really mean is get a whole two days modelling time to build the track for Fourgig +

Are you planning O gauge then Neil? :lol:

I am afraid not Ian, but im keen to learn how the track building process works in any scale.... and my missus would go mad :)

• RMweb Gold

If you've got time to actually make soemthing, then you probably havent got an audience! :lol:

Archived