Farnham & District MRC Show at Aldershot 8th+9th October

jbe

• RMweb Gold

A true cornucopia of super images - thanks to all who have bothered to put their pics here.

An interesting observation was made about a notable lack of modern image layouts - clearly this was not by design, and nor should it be, IMHO. Modern image layouts demand no less skill in their construction and may appeal more to younger generations, for whom steam is just those funny trains at the preserved line. Nevertheless, looking through the snaps here there is a sort of homogeneity about the layouts, despite being taken on different cameras and of different scales and gauges, which suggests that better modellers now have a consensus of how a British period layout should look.

As a showcase for quality modelling at an exhibition, this thread takes some beating.

Looks like a fabulous show, I had to be elsewhere at the weekend so could not make it - a real shame seeing I'm only 15 mins from there....

I think the backscene aprons should be obligatory for all layouts without high backscenes personally - much better than kebab stained green railway club polo shirts from the previous night's piss-up - only kidding of course.

• RMweb Gold

The O gauge layout is the Farnham & District MRC's Weydon Road.

Colin

And a thoroughly excellent layout it was too. I was particularly taken by the two signals with fully working GWR mechanical route indicators (one of which appears in RE6/6's first pic of the layout) but then they would appeal to me wouldn't they. It was also another layout with a friendly welcome and time to chat to an 'interested viewer' - another factor which helped to make it a great show for me & my daughter.

• RMweb Premium

It was a really super show, I'm glad I made the effort to visit. I arrived early on Sunday morning and there was already a queue.

I notice that mention hasn't been made yet of the Triang & Minix display - not a model in the 'layout' sense of course, but certainly somewhere that there was plenty of movement to keep diw jr entranced from his vantage point in my rucksack.

The wagon lift on Quai 87 was something I was delighted to see, having read BH's missives here on RMWeb.

Many thanks to all involved in putting the show on.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

An excellent weekend, well done and a big thanks to all involved. A few pictures from the show, which also hosted the 2mm Scale Association AGM, can be found here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/45527-2mm-agm-sat-8-oct-2011/page__st__25

Some of the stock I had on display at the AGM can be found on my Highbury thread here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/38581-highbury-colliery/page__st__50

cheers Jerry

Archived