Leeds Model Railway shops

narrowman

There aren't any other shops that I know of (and I've lived around Leeds for 15years now). The Modelzone has (or had last time I was there) very limited model railway stuff

Frizinghall Models in Bradford is fabulous, a real proper model shop, all the rtr stuff and lots of the little stuff as well.

As someone who has commuter regularly from it I can't imagine why anyone would visit Leeds Station for fun.......Also its now barrier controlled, don't know if you can get a platform ticket or similar?

• RMweb Premium

The nearest to the city centre is Millennium Models on Queen Street in Morley. Either a direct bus ride from the city centre or take the train and follow the road up the hill for about half amile, turning left at the traffic lights 2/3 of the way along. Just remember to keep climbing. The shop is very friendly and run by a good crowd.

Jamie.

Frizinghall Models in Bradford is fabulous, a real proper model shop, all the rtr stuff and lots of the little stuff as well.

It's a bit depressing that England's third largest City doesn't have a decent modelshop. However, given that both Frizinghall (good selection, competitive prices) and Wakefield MRC (very good selection, limited discount) are only about 9 miles from the centre of Leeds it would proabably be very hard for an other independent to start up and still have a USP.

There's Going Loco, at Potovens Lane, near Outwood. - The 110 Leeds - Wakefield bus, stops on the main road nearby, so it would be 2-3 mins walk to the shop.

Going loco is fairly well stocked with scenic items, as well as the ready to run models, but like Wakefield mrc, there's not usually much discounted stuff.

There's Going Loco, at Potovens Lane, near Outwood. - The 110 Leeds - Wakefield bus, stops on the main road nearby, so it would be 2-3 mins walk to the shop.

Going loco is fairly well stocked with scenic items, as well as the ready to run models, but like Wakefield mrc, there's not usually much discounted stuff.

I can recomend Going loco, the prices are close to the box shifters and loads of stuff to browse through.

Ask a 110 driver (I`m one of them) for Lofthouse gate or Potovens lane. 20 mins from Platform 9 in the bus station. They run every 10 mins.

Be very careful if you park outside Millennium Models! It's a great shop, surely one of the best around, but...

When I tried to open the car (I have to press the button on the key as I have never found a keyhole in the door) nothing happened.

I tried a second key with the same result. Going back in the shop to get out of the rain I explained why and was told "Oh, that's our fault". A switch was flicked....and I could open the car!

It appears a Gaugemaster control unit is to blame and I was not the first to fall under its spell although it does not affect every make of car.

It is still well worth visiting the shop, but I usually find it safer to go on the 'bus.

Archived