N Gauge at Warley 2011

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just some quick shots of the new N stuff on show at Warley....

I've probably missed a few things... and although I didn't take a shot of it, Peco appear to have built a nice new exhibition layout.

Farish:

New JJA Autoballasters (with etched handrails) and BAA steel carriers (with cradles, coils or stanchions all provided and optional fit):

post-420-0-37568700-1321723143_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-89352800-1321723189_thumb.jpg

GUV and Mk1 BG models in painted samples. Presumably not far off now.

post-420-0-06300400-1321723220_thumb.jpg

Farish also had a free giveaway flyer featuring a number of new Scenecraft buildings including a transformer substation, single road modern engine shed and Great Central station building set (all shrunk from 4mm scale) that I had not seen previously advertised.

Dapol A4 steam locomotive. I think this may be a collectors' club version. There were some others of this type in blue and green. Dapol also had the Network Rail HST (with correct additional detailing) and HSTs in East Midlands Trains and Cross Country liveries which looked very nice.

post-420-0-82694800-1321723265_thumb.jpg

The N Gauge Society was doing brisk trade in its Queen Mary brake vans, which are now at, and final CAD drawings of next year's RTR model - the LMS Inspection Saloon - were on the stand for people to look at.

This is the original build version with end grille and no air horns on the roof:

post-420-0-73331200-1321723685_thumb.jpg

cheers

Ben A.

Nice one Ben, thanks for the shot of the A4 which captures the look of the real thing beautifully. I'm waiting for the valanced versions to come out, but will be collecting A3s until then. Do you have any photos of the A3s? It would be interesting to see how things have progressed since the initial pre production models were shown.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Sorry, steam isn't really my thing (though I do enjoy running my Farish Tornado) and I didn't look closely at them. Sorry but I didn't take any photos of the other steam locos as I was looking at the HSTs!

Dapol are also doing a box set CE Dutch Class 26 with 5 Dutch Dogfish for club members.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

I hope Ben doesn't mind me adding a few more photos from the iphone to the thread!

Starting with Dapol, the rather lovely looking A4:

cdd33724.jpg

e9f6f0a3.jpg

169abd45.jpg

The lighting in the Dapol cabinet wasn't ideal and the A3 pics didn't come out unfortunately. 

They did however have samples of the HST in NMT & EMT colours, although they need to sort out the EMT font before production! 

0bf25fb4.jpg

eaf6e4f8.jpg

Over to Farish and the 5MT is looking really nice, on a par with, or possibly better than the A1! I'm really curious to see how the loco drive turns out. If it works, it's going to be a massive improvement for N gauge.

40702852.jpg

The best photo of the WD I could get, again looking like another cracking model:

ccb15748.jpg

And the rather tasty looking Desiro. Class 450 stat please Bachmann!

84c4acb0.jpg

So nothing totally new, but nice to see progress on some already announced models. 

Tom. 

The Dapol A4 is a massive improvement on the Farish model. I know that this is a pre production model and that the valanced versions will be out sometime in 2012, so call me Mr. Picky but there are one or two issues I have with the tender.

The one shown is a 1928 pattern version with beading, straight backplate, cut down coal and water filler fairings. 2509 only ever carried the new streamlined corridor version with no beading, curved backplate and when new had full fairings. The number on the loco should also be in the same style as the tender.

I'm sure that Dapol will have done their homework, so I wonder if Dave can confirm whether they will be producing a new streamlined tender or using the 1928 version for the whole of the production models.

This is just an observation Dave, not a criticism.

Archived