Liskeard, August 1989...

Rugd1022

A few shots from 22 years ago... very little seems to have changed since then, aside from the box having a lick of paint a few years ago, and the Duff on the Up Vans is 47 490 ;)

post-7638-0-74702100-1322224579_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-77258400-1322224651_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-63615100-1322224690_thumb.jpg

(the advance starter has since been replaced with a colour light signal)

post-7638-0-53962300-1322224714_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-63308100-1322224778_thumb.jpg

post-7638-0-92187400-1322224826_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Does anybody remember the old black Dean clerestory (diner/sleeper?) grounded body with a corrugated tin apex roof on that used to sit on top of the upside embankment? If so, any idea where it went or was it torched?

I went in it once for, as I can remember, a first aid course.

Edit: Just spotted it in the third snap at the extreme left side...and it was white. Funny how the memory plays you up!

I must have been thinking about the rake of S&T black Toplights/Colletts that used to reside at Lostwithiel? :scratchhead: ! Any ideas about the fate of those?

• RMweb Gold

Recent work at Liskeard, to both the main station building (modern works) and the Looe branch buildings (refurbishment in traditional style) has been a real asset for the station. The Devon & Cornwall Community Rail Partnership run a nice little shop on the Looe branch platform in the summer, well worth a visit.

Does anybody remember the old black Dean clerestory (diner/sleeper?) grounded body with a corrugated tin apex roof on that used to sit on top of the upside embankment? If so, any idea where it went or was it torched?

I went in it once for, as I can remember, a first aid course.

Edit: Just spotted it in the third snap at the extreme left side...and it was white. Funny how the memory plays you up!

I must have been thinking about the rake of S&T black Toplights/Colletts that used to reside at Lostwithiel? :scratchhead: ! Any ideas about the fate of those?

I used to deliver car parts to the coach body during the late eighties and early nineties whilst it was being used by a character called Ron Miles who ran an autoparts shop, he subsequently moved to the industrial estate on the other side of the road behind the pub. I believe he moved because the body was demolished to allow "development" in the station area. .

• 2 months later...

I remember that coach body well, used to ogle it out of the school bus window! it had 'paint store' written on one of the doors, and had so many coats of peeling paint on it that it looked like the paint was stored on the outside, smashed windows and a smell of impatience were distinctive features too

Was removed to the dart valley railway and restored on a later underframe I think.

• RMweb Gold

...............Was removed to the dart valley railway and restored on a later underframe I think.

I do believe that you're right there as there's one very like it (IIRC) on a chassis that I saw a few years ago. By the eighties not much was missed by preservation.

• 1 month later...

Archived