Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Even more strange if a female member of staff put her hand up. 

I,m not sure if that's funny or transphobic.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... er, it's funny.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

3 minutes ago, petethemole said:

I,m not sure if that's funny or transphobic.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... er, it's funny.

I was thinking in terms of how many boyfriends she's got.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

58 minutes ago, petethemole said:

51 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I was thinking in terms of how many boyfriends she's got.

Of course she could be wearing them as a necklace. :O:O:O

14 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.81b615e88a27ba89d63366b367338f0a.png

Popped into a shop, ostensibly a purveyor of vinyl substrate recorded audio with Dad whilst visiting family many years ago. Jeez...it was like, we'd had the audacity!

Watched like a hawk as we browsed said shop's wares, no need for cctv.

I left empty handed (probably missing out on some overpriced free-form jazz bollox) with the projected feeling I'd just shat on the owner's living room carpet!

C6T. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Classsix T said:

Popped into a shop, ostensibly a purveyor of vinyl substrate recorded audio with Dad whilst visiting family many years ago. Jeez...it was like, we'd had the audacity!

Watched like a hawk as we browsed said shop's wares, no need for cctv.

I left empty handed (probably missing out on some overpriced free-form jazz bollox) with the projected feeling I'd just shat on the owner's living room carpet!

C6T. 

Sounds like he deserves to have his living room carpet shat on. 

Some years ago, I was sitting having a cup of coffee outside a cafe in Tintagel, Cornwall, with a friend.  To be fair, it was late afternoon and off-season, but as soon as we sat down, the proprietress, looking rather disapprovingly at my friend for no reason at all that I could fathom, came out and started ostentatiously and loudly collecting the crockery and cutlery from the other tables.  'She knows you're from Barry, then', I said, and my friend nearly fell over laughing.

Tintagel annoyed me by bringing out my inner Welsh nationalist, which up until that point I had only ever been aware of in respect of Wales-England rugby internationals.  The place seemed devoted to celebrating Arthur as the saviour of England, St. George flags everywhere, all that sort of thing, and Arthur, if he ever existed, would have been the worst possible nightmare for the Saxon settlers who later became the English, a competent and powerful Romano-Celtic, basically Welsh, warlord who could mount a serious and effective resistance.  Almost turned my into a cottage-burner...

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

There's a town called Three Cocks, with a garden centre (partly on the old railway route).

When I worked for a company that delivered supplies to garden centres, one day one of the transport managers called out across the office - "Who's got Three Cocks?"

It took some time to restore order.... :jester:

Reminds me of this old enamel sign on the Churnet Valley Railway......

16-47.JPG.9beb9eed91db5a11e21c0f0e002d778f.JPG

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

26 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Do they explode on depressurisation?

Apparently there are two potential reasons, Coconut meat (Copra) has a high oil content. It's regarded as highly combustible and therefore constitutes a fire hazard, a coconut is also cabable of containing more than 100mL of liqid, so proably some twisted thinking could convert a simple coconut into a potential bomb.

Jim

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3