The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, 62613 said:

Got to ask, being as I live in the SHMD area, where was this?

Sorry to deceive or disappoint but I haven't made it yet!

(Due to "round-to-it" rules.)

I am still messing with the final version and finessing the CNC tool paths...

image.png.a4bfedadcfb46da5f1038b5c908e87b5.png

Slightly different wording and order - then tonnes of messing about with spacing...

image.png.e8e33a7c21da4979d61ad1650899c792.png

Kev.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 24/01/2022 at 23:34, Compound2632 said:

Pronounced Pwonka - Wukash Pwonka. It's the Polish "dark L", as in the city of Lodz - pronounced Woodge. Polish spelling is highly phonetic, you just have to crack the code.

So he had a lisp then.......:D

• Funny 4

18 hours ago, melmerby said:

OK. I'm waiting..............

When does the show start?

When the Brie starts running.

15 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I’m Welsh; I know a whole country like that!

Couldn't possibly comment....  :whistle:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

If I saw that in a farmer's field, I'd be tempted to change "Dog" to "Cow" !

Weeell...  I sort of get your point, although, Cow pats are generally formed of the remnants of digested grass, which is dispersed quickly by the next rains and provides fertiliser for the field.  It also, mainly gets deposited in the fields, as Cows don't generally take the time and trouble to direct the effluent over hedges and fences onto the roads, or pavements / paths, where Dogs are, generally, walked by their owners.  The more complex remnants of digested Dog food do rather seem to be somewhat more resistant to being washed away by the rain.   :scared:

.....   On the other hand, if you live somewhere along the Devonshire lanes, you might have a different view on the subject.      :jester:

Edited by jcredfer
paths
  • Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

On the other hand, if you live somewhere along the Devonshire lanes, you might have a different view on the subject.      

Around here, the nuisance factor is provided by the incontinent posessions of the equine enthusiasts.

I don't have a Landrover, I don't want to drive through simulated stables on the road!

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Around here, the nuisance factor is provided by the incontinent posessions of the equine enthusiasts.

I don't have a Landrover, I don't want to drive through simulated stables on the road!

But if you had one, you'd have the contributions made by the mandatory border collie !

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Hroth said:

If you have a Landrover you will know how important it is to keep your mouth shut while doing maintenance work underneath it. I once made the mistake of forgetting this, chatting to bystanders while adjusting the handbrake.

Martin.

• Friendly/supportive 13