Web pages which go nowhere

billtee

I have been trying for over a month to get in touch with the people who run (?) the web page "Railway Layout Models" where they feature a lovely 1:87 scale Volvo Fork Lift Handler in Network Rail livery.

I have searched high and low on the webpage for an address, phone number or even just a "purchase" button (no prices are shown, of course!£, but there is absolutely nothing.

As far as I can make out, the page 'belongs' to British Railway Modelling, or whatever they call themselves.

On THIS page is a 'Contact Us' button. Whoopee! However, all you get is an email contact form, which I carefully filled in, giving name, address, my email, what I was trying to purchase, and the fact that I could pay by Paypal if reqd.

At the top of the email submission form is a large notice stating that the staff will get in touch with me ASAP. But they haven't! Zilch! Not a sausage!

There is no other way I can contact the 'company' (? If indeed it is a company!), so what other hoops am I expected to jump through?

Has anyone on this excellent forum had any dealings with Railway Layout Models? And if so, how on earth did you get in touch with them?

It appears that they don't want my custom, which then completely negates the whole purpose of a webpage.

All the best, and a very Happy Christmas to all on this Forum,

Bill

Hallo,

Click on the "Contact Us" and underneath the Facebook logo there is a reference to another site, click on that.

You are redirected to Scale vehicles for Model Railways

On this site there is a short piece on how to buy.

Click on the ebay.co.uk logo and you are redirected to mattcarr on ebay and at the time of writing there are two items Buy It Now, but not the Volvo Lift Handler.

I get the feeling that the "company" is a one-man-band, so patience could be a virtue

Mind you I love his sentence: we will endeavour to answer your enquirey as soon as possible. Big get out clause with "endeavour" :-)

Hope that helps

jgp

PS while it doesn't help you, sites here in Germany are bound by regulations to print company details (Impressum) of name address etc if acting as a "company"

I have been trying for over a month to get in touch with the people who run (?) the web page "Railway Layout Models" where they feature a lovely 1:87 scale Volvo Fork Lift Handler in Network Rail livery

Is this the website?

http://www.railwayla....uk/contact-us/

If so, trying sending a letter to this address :

http://webwhois.nic....outmodels.co.uk

It looks like the Word Press email is not being actively processed

Archived