Lincoln Central Station

arff999

Hi John

Looking forward to seeing Lincoln Central on Sunday at the Lincoln and District Model Railway Club 2013 Exibition  being  held @ Washingborough Community Centre, Fen Road, Washingborough nr Lincoln LN4 1AB.

Opening Times: Sat 10am-5pm,  Sun 10am-4pm.  The prices are extremely good  at : Adults £3, Children £2, Family (2+2) £8.  The  Exibition I understand features: 10 local layouts, trade support, refreshments, free parking and disabled access.

I believe that as well as seeing Lincoln Central there is also an "O" Gauge layout from the Lincoln club.  I hope after my recent Debacal that I have got my facts right on this occasion. It is at  Washingborough,

nr Lincoln LN4 1AB.

Kind Regards Del.

Just read through this thread. What a great read, thoroughly enjoyed watching the progression and looking forward to seeing more. One question if I may, the footbridges can I ask where they are from. I thought Ratio or WIlls but have been unable to find them. I am sure I have seen them elsewhere before. 

Regards 

Scott 

Hi Scott

Glad to hear you enjoyed the thread.

As for the bridges

The one next to the high street crossing is indeed a ratio kit but it made from 2 as I needed it to be longer that the standard kit.

the next one up towards Pelham bridge is made from Metcalfe card kits fitted together to the correct span, then some ratio legs fitted and also some ratio bridge kit lattice sides were used.

then we have the station main foot bridge again ratio made longer, then the blue bridge this is make from knightwing n gauge girder truss rail bridge parts with a custom base covered in wood ply the supports for this are ratio kits cut down to fit, as for the steps and wall there from townscenes made from plaster casts

hope this helps

JOHN   

Thank's for the chat today John you have given me somethings to think about with my layout, with what you said about its a shame that i'm not going to me modeling St Marks as it was instead of the way i'm thinking of doing it, but i was looking at the other layout you told me about for the Holmes yard layout and with what your thinking of doing with the Durham Ox crossing and it got me thinking after i left what if i did 2 St Marks station's but made them so's that i could change things from being how St Mark's used to be to what we talked about with what it mite look like so that we could some how join the 2 layouts together and i was thinking about it while talking to Mark aswell when he was saying about changing to lighter bass boards but i'll have to see if i can somehow do it on the program HVR2 that i use but let me no what you think cos i think it would be cool if we could somehow join them up to like we joked about.

bye for now and thanks for the chat

from Adam

• Like 1

Hi John

good to meet you yesterday,no progress on 'Holmes Yard' this weekend, Grandad duties today. but normal slow progress should resume soon .My wife and I were very impressed with Lincoln Central keep up the good work .

Graham

Good evening folks, had a very enjoyable couple of hours this morning and some very nice layouts and good refreshments .Met John from Lincoln Central and Ian Mellors of Summit Colliery as well as many others from Poachers including my good friend John White, but missed Grahame King by about half an hour. I thought Lincoln District Model Railway Club put on a good show for a first event of this kind. Their previous ventures at the Lincoln Museum have always been very much Lincoln Club without the layouts from other clubs and individuals. I hope they were able to make enough money to make them consider a similar venture next year and I had a very interesting chat with Derick the treasurer and felt that it was a very friendly show and people were very interested in answering questions.All in all a good £3's worth.

Kal (my husband) and I also went today. I was particularly interested in the weathering on a couple of layouts which as it happened included this one. I took a couple of pictures of yours although the light streaming in through the curtain behind it made it difficult to get a good result. Am I right in thinking that the industrial chimney behind the Thomas the Tank engine Butchers building  (nice choice we have one in our layout too :mosking:, hence my interest in the weathering) is in fact O gauge on your 00 gauge layout? I thought it a rather clever idea, the chimney being a much better scale  :derisive: I posted my iffy pictures on our layout. Then when I looked at recent posts there you were........

Cracking weekend so here's the last of my pics. It was nice to meet all those rmwebbers that attended and hopefully will see you all at next years show;

Hi Mark,

A cracking layout! I lived in Saxilby for the first 11 years of my life during the 80's and remember many happy times at the crossing gates or standing on the footbridge watching trains cross the High Street.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi John, Adam & Mark + other L&DMRC members,

I've read most of the comments about 'LC' and the other layouts at our show were well all received but it seems that 'LC' went down a 'bomb' as usual. Really good to see 'LC' up and running over a longer period. Makes it worth while all the effort put into assembling all the 'kit'.

See you next Thursday?

Roy J

Hi Roy

Thanks for that

lots of interest as normal still lots to do though looking at signals as we type we control off them.

As you've probably seen on the exhibition thread a lot off people like the venue as opposed to the older one did you get my message in reply to the one sent out last week on your phone

Regards

JOHN

Kal (my husband) and I also went today. I was particularly interested in the weathering on a couple of layouts which as it happened included this one. I took a couple of pictures of yours although the light streaming in through the curtain behind it made it difficult to get a good result. Am I right in thinking that the industrial chimney behind the Thomas the Tank engine Butchers building  (nice choice we have one in our layout too :mosking:, hence my interest in the weathering) is in fact O gauge on your 00 gauge layout? I thought it a rather clever idea, the chimney being a much better scale  :derisive: I posted my iffy pictures on our layout. Then when I looked at recent posts there you were........

Hi Jaz

Thanks for your interest in the model a lot off the weathering is done using model mates dyes,

The chimney you talk about is in fact an "oo" gauge one and not "O" as you thought,  its from the town scenes range of plaster buildings most of the walls are from this range also

hope this helps

Regards

JOHN

I saw this layout at the Lincoln show and loved it. The wife and baby (Six month old who I'm hoping to start early) were very impressed!

More excellent photos, david

Thanks to you both glad you liked what you saw  hope to have some more pictures up later and a bit about the platform lights

Regards

JOHN

• 1 month later...