The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Kim Jong-Il is dead

Mike at C&M

The story is that Stalin died when he could have been saved because if those around him had done the wrong thing they were likely to have been sent to Siberia or shot. So they done nothing and Stalin died.

Moreover, shortly before his death he had instigated an antisemitic purge in which a lot of the USSR's top medics were falsely accused of poisoning high-ranking Party members who had recently died - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctors%27_plot for details. So you can understand the Kremlin's remaining non-imprisoned doctors being rather wary.

As for Kim Jong-Il dying on a train: he spent most of his time on it. He apparently had a fear of air travel, and spent most of his time on his own private luxury train - he even used it for diplomatic trips abroad to China and Russia, so presumably it is relatively easy to regauge.

• RMweb Gold

Not to mention the renegade enclave of Lutonistan which is threatening to secede!! :jester:

Luton has been a Unitary council for quite some time but ever since North Bedfordshire became Bedford Borough, and Mid and South Joined to become the peoples republic of Central Bedfordshire in 2009 the truth is neither want it............lets face it just what good has come out of Luton ?

And before anyone jumps to its defernce bear in mind after the recent debacle with Bam Nuttal and the £180M Cambridge Guided busway, who should want a guided busway employing......erm........Bam Nuttall..........

I rest my case.

Ps, I have met the Chief exec (Richard Carr) of Central (Voting count night) and as he painted such a rosy picture of what was a bit of a cock up I nicknamed him "Our Glorious Leader Kim Il Carr" as he refused to acknowledge anything was wrong ( just like Father Ted in "kick Bishop Brennan up the Arse" if you make out it didn't happen, then it didn't.......right ted)

I thought Erith was supposed to be the place to avoid?

The late Linda Smith once said: "Erith isn't actually twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham"

Oi! Enough! That's my hometown you're mocking. It wasn't always like it is now, you know.

As for Kim Jong-Il dying on a train: he spent most of his time on it. He apparently had a fear of air travel, and spent most of his time on his own private luxury train - he even used it for diplomatic trips abroad to China and Russia, so presumably it is relatively easy to regauge.

North Korea has standard gauge, in common with China. So re-gauging is required only for Russia - did he make visits there in his (Chinese-built) train?

• RMweb Premium

I grew up in mid-Bedfordshire and the north-south divide was recognisable as between Ampthill and Flitwick. North of it you went to Bedford for the major shops, south of it you went to Luton!

Is it true that both sides went to look at the Berlin wall before it was demolished? :P

• RMweb Gold

What a truly awful place North Korea is.

I heard an interview today with an escaped officer from the army who managed to get out of the country a few years ago. When asked by his interviewer about all the 'public grief' that we've seen after the tyrant's death he confirmed that it would have been totally stagemanaged. With Kim's death he said that many would have felt that they had been cheated with him just 'passing away' He said a Ghadaffi style end would have been what they wanted.There was a lot more reported but would be too distressing to post on here.

Just to get an idea just how brutal the regime is take a look at this http://freekorea.us/camps/12 page about the infamous Camp 12 at Chong-ri. Not a lot of difference to a Nazi concentration/labour camp.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think it was NK that took down RMweb over Xmas, not Hornby...

...and accepting this is a bit of a lapsed topic I stumbled over these photos.

BTW, I heard that the train Kim Jong was on didn't leave the station when he was taken ill.

So, all together now....

"North Korea Railways apologises for the disruption to this service which was due to an incident with a passenger. We apologise for any regional instability that may result."

Anyway, the photos....

post-4299-0-04504000-1326146883.jpg

post-4299-0-04438900-1326146904.jpg

Thanks to George Takei for sharing them.

Archived