Ruby Road. Somewhere in the Southwest.

ess1uk

Hi,

Just read through from the beginning  ...   noted  ...

MoD trains to and from Salisbury Plain/Marchwood with my vans.

Is the other end intended to be Luggershall .....  it is a bit big  ......  I was past there a couple of weeks back

They have a Race-track shape park, presumably built to deal with the number of vehicles needed to transfer loads. [to the South on Google Maps]

Might be fun to include .....    :scratchhead:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Just read through from the beginning  ...   noted  ...

Is the other end intended to be Luggershall .....  it is a bit big  ......  I was past there a couple of weeks back

They have a Race-track shape park, presumably built to deal with the number of vehicles needed to transfer loads. [to the South on Google Maps]

Might be fun to include .....    :scratchhead:

Think I might need a barn to do Luggershall, even in N!

Would be an interesting layout though.

Spot on with the size, it has all sorts of, additional, related scenery surrounding it too.  There is almost, enough there for a roundy-roundy - simply a vast undertaking   ...........

.........................................         however???????   ............      :scratchhead:    ................   

You might be able to include the 2 sets of sidings at the North East corner, backed by a low relief version of the sheds North of them.  ......     :whistle:  :whistle:

They start under a road-over bridge, which gives you a small "Google" look into them using the little yellow papatrooper  .....    :locomotive:

The line round to the other sheds could be a headshunt for the sidings with a photo at the end, leading off round the corner  .......    :sungum:

It would be a wonderful excuse for all sorts of wagons and cargo  ..........    [looks innocently at the sky  .............  ]

Just leg-pulling really - but it might make an interesting project if someone with vast amounts of sufficient space wanted to have a go.

It would take up something like a Bungalow Loft space

• Like 1

I would certainly have enough siding space for all my wagons, might even be able to fit in a few more!

I'm just going to imagine trains run to Ludgershall and Warminster.

Tidworth has already been reinstated! :)

• Like 2

That sounds like a very sensible idea  ....

I'm just going to imagine trains run to Ludgershall and Warminster.

If you are thinking in the Warminster direction, Westbury also comes to mind.

If you google map it there is a triangle to the West of the station, where large military trains used to spend most of the night shunting, when the Iraq buzz was up   .................    

How do I know? - We lived less than a football pitch from the tracks  .....     :O  :O    ...............   and they were not very quiet about it  .........   :locomotive:   :senile:  :locomotive:

• Like 1

Hi ess,

You could take a nozzle of another can and replace the one which is blocked   ......    not forgetting to clean it and return it when you have done  ...     :sungum:

Need to buy another can first! :(

You could push the uncovered Stem down ono a saucer, to get the paint out and use a brush to apply it  .............   you can't get too much paint out, as the can is upside down  

......   come on   .....   guaranteed entry to the Clumsy Club into the bargain   ...........   particularly if you turn the saucer upside down, so the can is upright again   .....    :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Hope you enjoyed it and got some inspiration. When I am in the UK my house overlooks the railway at Rushden - great to see them running up and down there.

Mike

yeah it was ok,

mainly went to see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53829-millwood/

driven by a few times and this was the first time I've been in.

Edited by ess1uk

EASY .. PEASY  .......

a brand new - shiny can of ................................    Frame Dirt   .....................    :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: 

with a pack of spare Nozzles   .......        :jester: :jester:

...........     I might just find it tricky to find the Entrance to the show on Saturday    .....    or remember the time      .......     what did you say you were wearing?   .................    I will be in a St Trinians Onesie and wig  .....  :angel:

• Like 1

EASY .. PEASY  .......

a brand new - shiny can of ................................    Frame Dirt   .....................    :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: 

with a pack of spare Nozzles   .......        :jester: :jester:

do you think I can be trusted with another can?

......................................................................         :scratchhead:    ......................................................................        :no:    ...............................    :nono:     ............................     :jester:  :jester:

• Funny 1

Haha... Hi ya bud

Those PWA look nice and the weathering comes out good to... I will have to give it ago using the can stated and have a play on weathering some...

How far away from the wagon do you hold the can...and is it best on a turn table or hand held, but then a turn table would do all the way round or is that not a good thing to do the ends... Help and advice... bud

Jamie

Haha... Hi ya bud

Those PWA look nice and the weathering comes out good to... I will have to give it ago using the can stated and have a play on weathering some...

How far away from the wagon do you hold the can...and is it best on a turn table or hand held, but then a turn table would do all the way round or is that not a good thing to do the ends... Help and advice... bud

Jamie

they always look flthy on the photos in books

I balanced mine upsidedown on a small plastic plant pot and held the can about 20cm away just giving it a light mist.

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1