Ruby Road. Somewhere in the Southwest.

ess1uk

Pick a wagon and put red tape on one side and black tape on the other, to signify rail A and B.

Now as long as you never pick it up and turn it around, it will show you which rail is a and which is b, then use colur wires to signify which.

I use B -Black and red for the A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is that the same as   .....................   :scratchhead:  ..........

Pick a wagon and put red tape on one side and black tape on the other, to signify rail A and B.

Now as long as you never pick it up and turn it around, it will show you which rail is a and which is b, then use colur wires to signify which.

I use B -Black and red for the A.

............................   Army "Left" and Army "Right"    .............................     :senile:

• Like 1

Not so sure about that ..........    more like  ..............

Yes

But red and blue,

And also for the RAF, but they prefer pink and yellow. ;)

Bliddy colour-blind Pongo's again  ......................    :nono:

..........    it is clearly Red & Green  - for both the Navy and the RAF  ..............   :jester:

[Port & Starboard for the none Aero - Nautical & CBPs ] ...........    

.............    which is why so many Sailors and Airmen "Tic-Toc" [Marching out-of-step for the non-military minded]    .................  

.....................               Well - you try shouting PORT - STARBOARD - PORT- STARBOARD - PORT - STARBOARD - ......... when you are marching  ....    :jester:  :jester:

PS. As I recall - the last person seen in Pink was previously seen charging about the landscape in 60 Tons of Tank  ........   [i may need correction on the weight, but it serves to give the impression]

Edited by jcredfer
  • Funny 1

Kal did fancy buying an ex army tank.....he investigated.....the he liked runs 4 gallons to the mile!!!!!  :O  :O  :O

idea....forgotten.....move along..........

Then there was talk of an amphibious vehicle....apparently the army rarely sell ones that are still capable of floating.... :O  :O  :O

Luckily he took a shine to the Hornby train set I bought..... :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

apologies for  :offtopic:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

last night i got my saw back and so i cut the ply in half down its length.

well i say in half, i did measure it, but one bit is slightly wider than the other :scratchhead:

oh well it will do.

now to Finalise the track plan and work out where the holes for point motors need to go.

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 1

we have been cutting PIR and making the cutting line (marking not drawing) and the saw can still take on a life of its own....put the poor cut to the back and hide it with trees and bushes.... :jester: ......

I said to Kal if any of the PIR, meant for the insulation goes badly awry we'll use it for scenery instead LOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading through the thread. Nice to see the layout is coming along nicely.

With regards to DCC I kept toying with the idea and finally decided to give it a go,

What I did was buy a Bachmann DCC train set with the EZ Command included. This works out very reasonable even if you don't use the track. I got a Blue Class 25 and a couple of Blue & Grey Mark 2s. All that for under £100.00. Must admit I set up the train set when I got it and was immediately smitten with DCC. Needless to say when I started building KoLW it was DCC from the start.

If you go down the train set route and don't like DCC you can always stick it on eBay.

Regards

Marcus

• Like 2

Thanks Marcus

I've been a bit under the weather this last week with an anoying cold that i just can't shake, strange since it was the warmest Halloween and i've just had to cut the grass in November!

nothing has happened to the layout but hope to get a bit more done soon.

I started with the SDJR set, with a Select, which was combined with the Eurostar set at a knock down price for the both, which meant I effectively got the DCC at no additional cost, over against buying the same items DC.  .....      :sungum:  :sungum:

Moving onwards is then not such a chore and can be done in stages  ...   

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

Great to see things coming along, and the great debate of what DCC unit to go for.

I pretty much agree with the basic EZ Command set type unit (included in a set) as it is a good starting point, easy to use and reliable. As a purchase on its own, I personally would pay the extra £30 - £40 for an NCE Powercab basic model. Or as I've noticed on that famous auction site lately, the Roco Multimaus for well under £100. Both easy to use, the Roco is brilliant once you understand its quirks, but all round good results from both.

The Roco will also control accessories if you want to go down that direction

Hope you're feeling better soon, it's the season for it unfortunatly.

Jinty ;-)

• Like 3

Trying to come up with a plan for the other half of the yard that uses the points I have as I can't afford to buy any new for a while.

What can I do with a left hand, a right hand, 2 Ys, a small x and a double slip?

Oh and 2x 3 way points.

Edited by ess1uk

Think I may have a plan!

Using the 8foot by 18inch space I have on the bit of ply I found knocking around I have a yard with a run round long enough to hold 4 of my longest wagons and 4 sidings. :)

I will now need another bit of wood for the fiddle yard.

Progress at last!

Now to figure out how to post the track plan from any rail on here to be picked over before fixing track to base.

• Like 1

AnyRail is based on RTR and Flexitrack  .............    

It has 13 sets of OO track alone including Setrack and Streamline  ........  There are also a host of buildings and the like   ....   plus the ability to build your own shapes  ........

Nice to get things moving eh?
All looking good, I've not used Anyrail myself, but I've seen others on here use it a lot. I take it the programme is based around RTR track?

I look forward to seeing the plan :-D

Jinty ;-)

Exporting is easy too, in the usual picture formats.   .....     am I related, or have any interest   ....   nope - just enjoy all the things you can do  

.....    [plus a whole load of ideas that it clearly shows will not work  ..   brilliant  ...   :sungum:  :sungum:

here's what i've been messing about with.

tried it out with paper templates and the points i have and also on AnyRail.

train comes in from the right, loco runs round and propels wagons back onto sidings.

fiddle yard to go on the right.

the points at the bottom are what i have left over so can make the fiddle yard when i get some more ply 

post-11924-0-59273000-1416259809_thumb.jpg

Edited by ess1uk
  • Like 5