Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Am I missing something ?

br2975

I frequent a local branch of a national chain of model shops for some of my needs.

This company also operates an internet based 'shop' to allow modellers to shop on line.

Wanting two packs of Wills Concrete Cable Trunking the internet site indicated my local branch had two packs in stock.

I visited the branch, but was unable to find the items on display.

The friendly assistant searched under the counter and in the stockroom before admitting defeat, and offered to order them for me.

I asked him to add an aerosol can of Hunbrol acrylic to the order, again they have the products on display, but the colour I wanted was out of stock.

The assistant took my name and telephone number and handed me a printed 'order confirmation' and through previous experience I knew payment would be required when collecting the items from the store.

On my way back to work I read the 'order confirmation' and found that the items ordered came to £11.59 (2x £3.30 and 1x £4.99) which was shown as a 'sub total'.

However, added to this was postage and packing at £6.50 (that's almost 75% of the purchase price)

Bringing the total to £18.09

The same store has ordered items for me previously, but I have never been asked to pay P & P for things that would normally be delivered and displayed.

Am I missing something here ?

Thrown open to the floor.

Brian R

PS

The store will not be contacting me when the items "are in" as the assistant recorded my telephone number wrongly !

• RMweb Premium

If a shop ordered something for me that I was collecting from the shop I would not expect to be paying for the postage, especially if it was something that they normally stocked.

• RMweb Premium
the individual that severed you

..... might if they do this in every case find that they are also severed. From their employment ;)

There should be no P&P applied to any order which is collected in person. To apply such a charge would be to charge for services not required not taken up. Whilst this may well be a genuine error it is also a possibility that a scam has been employed to skim a bit extra off unwitting customer's accounts.

Far from missing something I suspect you are right on the ball.

..... printed .....On my way back to work I read the 'order confirmation' and found that the items ordered came to £11.59 (2x £3.30 and 1x £4.99) which was shown as a 'sub total'.

However, added to this was postage and packing at £6.50 (that's almost 75% of the purchase price).......

I wonder if the printed Order Confirmation' is a 'fits all' pro-forma, which would have this P&P cost already in the 'Order Printing Process' to be used in the shop or sent to their Mail Order Section to be dealt with - The P&P being waived in the shop.

If you knew your contact telephone number they wrote down was wrong when you left the shop, that begs a further question.

Until you return to the shop and clarify the situation, we will never know.

Archived