Bachmann Speculation for 2012

newbryford

I'm very glad that so many are really pleased with the announcement. Unfortunately, I've found myself in the category of those who couldn't be pleased this time. Never mind. Given the price hike that I think I saw on the Bachmann site, it might be just as well.

Enjoy the new models chaps and chapesses.

I'm thinking as LNER locos seem to be in vogue at the minute, plus Bachmann in particular seem to like to have a surviving example to work from where they can, I think a D11 is a strong condenter. Also with the 3F selling very well, I wouldn't be suprised if we dont see a J, which one have no idea, but I'd say a J15 or 21 would be the most likely. We can't rule out a J6 or 11 though as both have done well in polls.

I'd go with Larry on the 4F been a strong contender, as they are 1/2 way there already.

I would think the GWR 43 and 93xxs and possiably the V1 will be in line for new chassis. In reality those moguls are really old and could do with a totaly new model....but would the market stand it?

On the Classic Traction front, another 3rd rail set and another 1st gen DMU? both seem to get mopped up rapidly when released. I can't see another electric out until the 85 has proved theres a market for it. As for very modern stuff, I know so little about it I'll not say anything. I'll leave that for the guys in the know.

Jim

God i'm good!

They’re off in the 10:30 from Barwell. In the lead is I told you so ridden by S Mug, followed by Disappointed. Tying for third place are Why haven’t they and Let’s fantasize some more while odds on favourite Keep on frothing is still running strongly. Also showing well are I’ll be buying those, Retail therapy and Support a Far Eastern economy. Trailing well behind the field is Get a life. :jester:

Archived