Derby 2012 Exhibition 12 & 13 May Moorways Sports Centre

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

Advance Notice for the Derby Exhibition on 12 & 13 May :sungum:

We have been having some problems with the email redirection service through our web site and may have possibly lost some messages. The tech guys at the ISP are looking into this but if anyone needs to get in touch, please contact me by PM. This has coincided with some planned changes to our web site as well as renewal time for our hosting service and the domain name - all come at the wrong time and so it's taking a while to get the new details loaded. I'll post again here when things are sorted out.

In the meantime I'll attach a copy of the poster and directions to Moorways - note this advertises the web site - don't bother looking there yet

:nono:

post-18-0-53974500-1328220714.jpg

post-18-0-42434400-1328220829.jpg

post-18-0-75533000-1328220846.jpg

• RMweb Premium

As explained in my original posting above, our Club web site and email service is off-line at the moment whilst I sort out a dispute between the old hosting company and the new one - starting to sound expensive to retain the domain name and transfer it but hopefully this should be sorted in the next few days.

In the meantime if you have any general questions or comments about the Derby show, then please add them here - for any specific communications to Alex Hall the exhibition manager, please send me a PM and I will then forward that by email to Alex so that he can respond direct (in which case I will need you to include your email address as well)

Thanks

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Kelly - I have asked the question for you and will post here again when I get the information. Our web site is now back on line with a different hosting company and seems to be loading quicker - still has the same limited content but we are working on that. At least we managed to retain the domain name as that was in doubt at one time.

If anyone has sent any emails to the Club via the web site in the last two months and didn't get a reply, please send again as the old hosting company can't recover them or explain where they have gone to. Now we have moved away they won't even reply to me :nono:

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Mickleover Model Railway Group is proud to announce it will be holding it's 32nd annual Derby model railway exhibition on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th May at Moorways Sports Centre, Derby. Bringing together a wide selection of high quality layouts and exhibits from across the country. They will cover British, European and American outline in a variety of scales.

Exhibition details are:

Moorways Sports Centre, Moor Lane, Allenton, Derby DE24 9HY

Open 10.00am to 5pm (both days)

Admission: Adults £6, Under 14's £3, Family (2+2) £15

Free on site parking for visitors.

Layouts due to appear at this year's exhibition will include:

N Gauge

Imperial Yard

BR D&E

4mm NG

Borth-y-Gest NG

Crumley & Little Wickhill NG

Aylett End BR

Blackmill BR D&E

Calderwood L&Y

Cheltenham Spa & Leckhampton GWR

Church Lane Sidings BR D&E

Everbury BR D&E

Kirkby Stephen West BR

Millfields Road BR D&E

Newhaven Harbour BR D&E

Outon Road BR D&E

Thomas the Tank Engine

Thorne Yard BR D&E

EM

Stainmore Summit BR

P4

Aldbury Town GWR

0n9 NG

Langsett Light Railway NG

7mm NG

Park Road Station (Ashbourne) NG

Fisherrow Yard BR D&E

Hospital Gates Industrial

H0

Harrington American

Murrayville Yard American

Piedmont Lines American

H0

Ober Continental

Sparkel Continental

0n30

Zorba's Mine Continental

:

Trade stands due to appear at this years exhibition will include:

Railway Bookshop

Malcs Models

Layouts 4U

Mount Tabor Models

Unit Models

John Kelsey

Coastal DCC

Tallylyn

H&A Models

P&H Models

Sherwood Models

John Sammans

Contikits

Nick Tozer

D&E Video / DC Kits

Greenscene

Model Tree Shop

Shawplan

Footplate

All Components

Peco

BH Enterprises

Diamond Crossings

Nostalgia Art - David Wright

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I thought Thomas was a Tank Engine, not a Tank :jester: I thought Barry was lined up for our Octoberfest with his military vehicles.

The danger of using 'cut and paste' - that's the list that came from Alex and as Alan loaded it then he'll have to edit it :nono:

The Nottingham bunch are looking forward to our annual trip to Moorways.

Since the move to this venue the show's been a good 'un, gone from strength to strength and been well worth a day out (even if it is only 16 miles away). Hopefully, we'll again pick up some layouts for a future Nottingham show !

Keep up the good work.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the show - will be in attendance with Thorne Yard (must get in touch with the Farkham lads and get hold of their breakdown train for the weekend - hint hint! ) Will be on tenterhooks the whole weekend though as our first baby is due 2 weeks later so there may be a mad dash back the 150 miles at any point!!! The rest of the crew will manage just fine although choosing from the growing Loco roster might prove somewhat difficult! 26 sound chipped and counting is slight overkill for what is little more than a small permanent way yard!

• RMweb Premium

Now that our Exhibition Manager has returned from making an exhibition of himself (and Farkham) at a 5 day show in Dortmund (!!) I can give another update.

Another trader confirmed - Colin Stark with Black Cat Baseboards - details here http://www.blackcatbaseboards.co.uk/index.html

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Another update - this time about catering.

Since we moved to Moorways, we have been dissapointed with the selection and quantity of food offered by the Council - a burger van in the car park isn't quite what we expected :O

However this year things will change and can only get better - although we only have about 10 days to make the arrangements, we now have control of the catering for our visitors and will be supplying a selection of filled rolls, home made cakes and other assorted goodies. As we do not have access to any kitchen facilities, hot food cannot be supplied although there is a cafe at the adjacent swimming pool for those who need something more substantial. The Council retain the right to supply hot and cold drinks in the bar area but this is also where we will set up our tables and so there will be plenty of room to sit down and eat. Many thanks to Stephanie for taking on this task - she has experience of similar events and all the necessary food hygiene certificates etc :sungum:

Mike

Archived