A U-Boat for Palmetto

Alcanman

Thanks.

Yeah, we have some very nice beaches on the Northumberland coast, but sadly, not good weather. :(

The stretch of coastline on the pic is actually North Blyth to Lynemouth, the location of the Rio Tinto Alcan smelter, which is rail served, and sadly closing in a few months with the loss of over 500 jobs. Last year, of course, Deltic 55022 'Royal Scots Grey' was hired by GBRf to haul the local tank train.

post-7898-0-95267900-1329135239_thumb.jpg

cheers,

Mal

Thanks Kelly, strange co-incidence but WW2 history is my other main interest, particularly RAF Bomber Command.

cheers,

Mal

RAF Fighter/Bomber Command is one of my interests too, though also Cold War. But Luftwaffe is of interest, some of their secret projects especially!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks.

Yeah, we have some very nice beaches on the Northumberland coast, but sadly, not good weather. :(

The stretch of coastline on the pic is actually North Blyth to Lynemouth, the location of the Rio Tinto Alcan smelter, which is rail served, and sadly closing in a few months with the loss of over 500 jobs. Last year, of course, Deltic 55022 'Royal Scots Grey' was hired by GBRf to haul the local tank train.

post-7898-0-95267900-1329135239_thumb.jpg

Mal

Another superb job of adding in the blue sky there!!

Ian

cheers,

Mal

Snap!! Bomber Command, and the Avro Lancaster in particular.... :)

Yeah, also my favourite aircraft. My dad was an gunner and flew ops with 514 Sqdn. He has told me some great stories. Ooops, going a bit off-topic!

Mal

Snap!! Bomber Command, and the Avro Lancaster in particular.... :)

I find it hard to decide between the Avro Lancaster or the Avro Vulcan. I think for me it has to be the Vulcan. But the sound of 4 (or 1 in the case of a Spitfire) Rolls-Royce Merlin engines cannot be beaten. But generally anything RAF during WW2 and the 50s-80s interests me. The secret projects books I have are very good reads too, the things they thought up!!

I find it hard to decide between the Avro Lancaster or the Avro Vulcan.

I'd love to reply further but it might look like we're on the wrong Forum, never mind just a thread hijack...!!!!

(The book "Vulcan 607" is a great read - the links between the Black Buck Ops of 1982 and RAF Bomber Command Ops of 1943-45 are quite something!!)

Sorry.... really really must shut up....... :rolleyes:

Er - great layout again, Mal!!!! :D

Archived