Bachmann Class 40 32-475DC and 32-480DS

GaryHN

That could be Speke / Garston way - some of the sidings were not wired with O/H and the factory in the distance could be the British Leyland Nr. 2 factory which sits above the cutting of the line from Hunts Cross to Warrington Central. Only know that as my dad worked for British Leyland or Triumph, as was. And then joined the railway.

My split box 40 is lined up for this loco dependent upon how ways the tanks come off.

Getting back to the forthcoming model it seems the wait might soon be over.

In the latest Model Rail magazine it list's the 40's as due for delivery by August.  10000/10001 are in production and the LYR 2-4-2 and the LMS Porthole stock are at the artwork stage.

Seems as though its going to be an expensive few months coming up.

My mail order copy arrived this morning

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The old version in as D373 in GFYE at 9 mins 20 secs. Side on view not too kind to the gap between body and bogie - will the new one be better perhaps?

Phil

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I noticed this but in the collectors club magazine they are on the boat so which is more accurate the website or magazine?

Unfortunately I think the website will be more up to date. Supposedly the blue 08021 was on the boat with the green and black Class 08s that are now in the shops - and Hattons even emailed to say it was due "this week" - but it didn't appear and is now showing Sept/Oct. a lot can have changed since the magazine was finalised and sent for printing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a photo I took of a class 40 at Kings Cross. It has a rounded headcode and the lower edge of the nose shows that there was once a set of  nose doors. Conversions, I thought, had square boxes.

post-11423-0-05455600-1379427852_thumb.jpg

Edited by drgj

Here is a photo I took of a class 40 at Kings Cross. It has a rounded headcode and the lower edge of the nose shows that there was once a set of  nose doors. Conversions, I thought, had square boxes.

Some received rounded boxes later.  There's a list on the 64A Forties site - I'll find you the link.

"The headcode boxes on 40060, 40061 and 40065 had changed to rounded corners by the late '70s.

40167 got a square cornered box at the No 1 end."

Courtesy of:

http://www.scot-rail.co.uk/page/Class+40

Edited by 'CHARD

• 2 weeks later...

Push the date out as far as you want, Barwell: my wallet is shaking with terror as it is. 

At least the kids might be guaranteed a whip and top following this postponement; they were looking at an orange and a lump of coal had the Type 4s hit the shelves as promised.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when Bachmann brought out the peak with the correct nose seam, you could buy just the body on its own from somewhere.

itd be good if it was possible with these for those who want to do detailing and modifications, although ive a feeling it was Modelzone?

highly unlikely but was just pondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that Bachmann are showing D211 as being available Dec/Jan it is not on there expected in 60 days list, or in fact is any other rolling stock.

Does this mean they can let it appear at short notice ( another loco to buy after 10000/10001 ).

I wonder what else is likely to appear with it