RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRANCHLINES-KIT-BUILT-LOCO-MULTIBOX-EXTENTION-GEARBOX-OO-PA-EM-SCALE-mu-/360505694212?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53efd05804

At first I thought that it was a little expensive for a B/L Multibox but then noticed it's only the Extension for the Multibox! What's surprising is that someone has actually brought one! There's someone in Westbury who will sell you one for £7.25 plus £2.25 postage. I guess there's a price for impatience and in this case it's £10.  :O

I wonder if any of his sales are declared in his annual tax return....which must surely make interesting reading....

• Like 3

I wonder if any of his sales are declared in his annual tax return....which must surely make interesting reading....

He's listed as a business seller and therefore liable to income tax* (and possibly VAT - depending on turnover)on his eBay business.

*And presumably the myriad of other taxes running a business entails! (Been there, done that....!)

He's listed as a business seller and therefore liable to income tax* (and possibly VAT - depending on turnover)....

Given the exorbitant price tags and the apparent ease (see his feedback) with which he collects such riches, I would have thought he would have no trouble reaching the threshold for VAT. :O

In fairness, I don't think he half-built it. He's merely profiting from someone else giving up.

For sure, but I was referring to his attempts to place the body on the chassis. Admittedly I'm a kit-building tyro, but I don't think he's got it quite right? ;)

• Like 1

Not only would you not buy a kit from our old friend, you wouldn't commission him to build one, either...

I see it is sprung and includes Sharman Wheels (not that he would recognise them) -I like the description 'with a brass or Nickel Silver tender.' It is not hard to tell the difference!

Tony

• Like 1

And it is a model of the only 0-8-2 engine the LMS ever had with the cylinders to be placed at the cab end.

Also he can't read as he states the wrong make of tender wheels when it is stated clearly on the pack headers.

• Like 1

Not sure about this either

"assembly is not exactly rocket science"

(That expression is one of my pet hates! Along with "train station*")

*I know that logically it is a place where trains stop, but......

Neither does metal.....

I suppose it's pedantic to point out that the coach is neither LMS nor a composite*.

Grafar coaches are (approximately) Maunsell low window thirds. Yet another example that indifferent models remain indifferent, even when passed off as withdrawn.

*Down to its manufacturer, of course - such things were rife back then.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 3

Not sure about this either

"assembly is not exactly rocket science"

(That expression is one of my pet hates! Along with "train station*")

*I know that logically it is a place where trains stop, but......

If so then presumably a space station is a place where space stops? Could be interesting...

• Like 6

If so then presumably a space station is a place where space stops? Could be interesting...

So where does that leave action stations ?  :jester:

• Like 4

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Boxed-Hornby-LNER-NRM-4-6-2-Class-A3-Flying-Scotsman-4472-WEATHERED-LOOK-R2441-/360650171364?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item53f86ce3e4

"National Railway Museum Collection Special Edition.. Whats great abou this loco is that you could run it on pretty much any layout and it would be prototypical as this famous loco has undertaken so many railtours that it has operated over such a great time period."

Since when can you run Scotsman in LNER Green with Kylchap chimney, deflectors and modern OHLE flashes in, say the 1950s? And when was Scotsman this dirty in preservation?

• Like 2

Ooops ! Now let's see - something is missing here :jester:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-GAUGE-4-6-2-LNER-8509-TOP-CONDITION-UNBOXED-/321124168208?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4ac47df210

It's a pony........equus ferus caballus ....apparently...just showing off again

The coupling rods are upside down too - not difficult to remedy, but..

(Can't work out what those are in Latin! - Google is not a great help - possibly 'ferulae'*)

*The Vatican has probably invented something (or pinched it from Italian).

Edited by Il Grifone

Brand new and the rod's bent!

Keith

It looks like a jointed rod - the wretched chassis with the sprung rear axle?

I can't imagine why it's thought to be worth £100 though!

This must have one of the longest production runs. It's basically the same as the fifties Tri-ang version (which was poor even then IMHO).

EDIT Just noticed lowered to £100!!!!!

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1