RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Sarahagain, on 29 Apr 2015 - 11:25, said:

)

By the way, has anyone got a spare flux capacitor I can borrow?....mine needs fixing....and I need to get some more stuff! ;)

You could try ebay.  Don't these turn up from time to time?

dstfluxbox1.jpg

• RMweb Gold

There's someone very desperate to own as many Portescap RG4s as he can get his hands on. Two of them have gone over £110 each so far!

One has to wonder why.

They're rather good (certainly the early ones were) but not that good by today's standards

I have one in an engine that is virtually silent and another sounds noticeably noisy so much so that I'm contemplating removing it ....and maybe get £110 for it!! :scratchhead: .

Yep...Maroon cylinders, Green Body. BR Standard Tender...from a Britannia model. All Hornby though! ;)

Also...

Hornby Duchess Class Locos

So, where are the others... ;)

• Like 1

Portescaps were great motors when the were first released, but alternate motors were mostly X04 types.

I now find that a Mashima can driving  through a High Level Gearbox gives silent powerful performance at reasonably low current.

I have replaced most of my X04/MW005/Kays motors and some of my Portescaps with the above combination.

I do still have an old Kays O4 powered by the original Mk1 motor and it's quite powerful, but draws a lot of current and is noisy.

Perhaps, it's now time to sell the Portescaps on Ebay as they are fetching good prices.

Thane of fife

• Like 3

This resin bodied LNER W1 has just sold for £460. Good luck to the vendor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371311255741?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have a South East Finecast hush-hush with Markits wheels, and a Mashima 1830 motor. It has a small amount of lead added and will pull the side off a house.

Perhaps I should sell mine, and build another, because even at today's prices the kit plus extra would only cost me £200.

Perhaps, I should construct the rebuilt W1 to the same spec, and sell the pair.

Thane of fife

• Like 2

This resin bodied LNER W1 has just sold for £460. Good luck to the vendor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371311255741?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But it has a tender drive unit so not even an up to date chassis.

I wonder about the race relations act and the comment I DO NOT POST TO ITALY

Oh dear.

Bernard

Ebay have found a way to irritate me more than their buyer bias has already done; and they are now sending me emails concerning all the dodgy items I have viewed via links from here, in the manner of "still looking for a network rail Mk1 test coach?".  Answer = No I'm not, and I never was, thanks.

I must get out the worry beads again.      :help:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-Gauge-Hornby-GCU-BR-M-Jinty-0-6-0T-47271-Portescap-Motor-/261866785265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf87a09f1

Looks more like an old Triang/Hornby item....I may be wrong mind you!!

Why put a Portescap in that? It does look to be one in there!

This looks like an early MkIIb coupling chassis (The coupling mounts give it away) so pre 1959.

Romford wheels and possibly Hornby Dublo gear wheel. Original Tri-ang later type fluted coupling rods.

A detailed body. New handrails, cab ventilator, Coal, Coal rails, Safety Valves, Chimney, (possibly dome?) Lamp irons, vac. pipes, sprung buffers, 3-link couplings. etc...

Looks like a Polystyrene body, so if it is the original body for the chassis, C1957-1958 vintage.

Nice...a real collectors item.... ;) 

Our friend strikes again!

Apparently this is 'kit built'! If so, then it appears to have been very carefully dismantled again in order to make it easier to fit back in the box. Brilliant!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PDK-MODELS-KIT-BUILT-BRASS-GCR-LNER-BR-4-4-0-DIRECTOR-CLASS-D11-1-LOCO-MIB-py-/370819155667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56568b46d3

Our friend strikes again!

Apparently this is 'kit built'! If so, then it appears to have been very carefully dismantled again in order to make it easier to fit back in the box. Brilliant!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PDK-MODELS-KIT-BUILT-BRASS-GCR-LNER-BR-4-4-0-DIRECTOR-CLASS-D11-1-LOCO-MIB-py-/370819155667?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56568b46d3

Apparently it has "white meatal" in it.....presumably reconstituted chicken.