EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Did A4 Gadwell sound different to the other A4's, since the seller is really pushing the point, that it came off this model.

Must admit, never heard of Gadwell before. A short and unhappy life, Wikipedia is very useful.

• RMweb Gold
kevinlms, on 15 Dec 2015 - 08:42, said:

Did A4 Gadwell sound different to the other A4's, since the seller is really pushing the point, that it came off this model.

Must admit, never heard of Gadwell before. A short and unhappy life, Wikipedia is very useful.

He had two available and the other sold for £57.  Perhaps he's changed the price to £257 because he doesn't have one any more, but is keeping this item open as a place-holder until he can get another one.

Ridiculously I'd say. The tts locos usually cost about £20 more than non tts locos (see the new kings). I think gadwall retailed at £99.99 or so. However, the quality of the sound is not that of a £100+ aftermarket chip and speaker. I fail to see why anyone would pay an Exeter price for only part of a loco that you can source alternatively at a fraction of the price!

The price is quite reasonable - they were around that price new in real terms (10/6d IIRC). The postage is another matter......

Perhaps it goes "Quack" - Gadwall (not Gadwell!) is a species of duck (cf Mallard).   :jester:

Sir Nigel was a bird enthusiast, but LNER directors had other ideas and she was renamed Sir Ralph Wedgwood. Following the locomotive's destruction in WWII, Herring Gull met the same fate.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

I think this reflects the problems that lie in deciding which category to use .... :jester:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZS-OR-ZT-SILVER-GREY-WING-MIRROR-COVER-RIGHT-HAND-/121843356988?hash=item1c5e6e153c:g:srwAAOSwjVVVrLk2

Looks like an Easter Egg to me!

Shop early for Easter?

:jester: :jester: :jester: