EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

I would want a rather better weathering job for such a price. By today's prices at market maybe £500.....with a better paint job of course!

I'm waiting for the Heljan jobbie. I have a Crownline 'conversion kit' and a Jamieson King body to alter rather than the awful Hby body, so I think that I'll be satisfied with them!

£1000 indeed!

Edited by Re6/6

I would want a rather better weathering job for such a price. By today's prices at market maybe £500.....with a better paint job of course!

I'm waiting for the Heljan jobbie. I have a Crownline 'conversion kit' and a Jamieson King body to alter rather than the awful Hby body, so I think that I'll be satisfied with them!

£1000 indeed!

Thing is, a 47xx will sell, but seemingly only if it's still in kit form. The ones that have been built are difficult to shift. There is a really nice Kemilway-based 47xx in EM which was allegedly built by the late George Pring, and priced at £395. This isn't the first time it's been on eBay either - this is the fourth or fifth time of asking.

No idea why this is; they are magnificent engines.

• RMweb Gold

Thing is, a 47xx will sell, but seemingly only if it's still in kit form. The ones that have been built are difficult to shift. There is a really nice Kemilway-based 47xx in EM which was allegedly built by the late George Pring, and priced at £395. This isn't the first time it's been on eBay either - this is the fourth or fifth time of asking.

No idea why this is; they are magnificent engines.

£1000 is what it should be worth though?, taking everything into account.

At least it might put our favourite Portescap buyer off bidding!

Mike.

That lining is coarse even by Dublo standards!  The rest should have been left well alone - Dublo were not above moulded handrails (apart possibly from changing the driving wheels (Dublo 4MT are the right pattern) - the bogie wheels could have stayed as they were). The model is a 'Hornby' product after all and thus Dublo legacy.

• RMweb Gold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triang-00-Gauge-princess-elizabeth-Tank-Locomotive-R50-Maroon-Rare-/311523503281?hash=item48883f6cb1:g:iYEAAOSwLnlWnQl5

It appears that Triang made a tank version of Princess Elizabeth!  And the seller reckons that it is rare.  Even if it works it is worth about £10 tops given the missing bits and body damage.

• RMweb Gold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triang-00-Gauge-princess-elizabeth-Tank-Locomotive-R50-Maroon-Rare-/311523503281?hash=item48883f6cb1:g:iYEAAOSwLnlWnQl5

It appears that Triang made a tank version of Princess Elizabeth!  And the seller reckons that it is rare.  Even if it works it is worth about £10 tops given the missing bits and body damage.

...and from a seller with 14 red marks in the last 12 months. I wonder how he got them?

Looks like the S4 Society are letting their standards slip - just look at the so called P4 wheels on that yellow Private Owner!

After all a professional seller such as Rails of Sheffield must know what they are selling........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Assorted-P4-Scale-Kit-Built-Open-Wagons-/171970395633?hash=item280a3bfdf1:g:ZFwAAOSwAYtWIL8C

Tony

It didn't sell at £29.99!! It has been relisted at 99p so the seller does have some common sense. It has a bidder, so we might find out how much it is considered to be worth.

• Like 1

I had a disagreement with the manager of a local charity shop, when asking the price of some cricket books.

He quoted £10 each, but I said that was too expensive.

He remarked that they were on Ebay for £15. 

I replied that the only reason they were on Ebay for that price was because all those at a competitive price were sold and didn't remain on Ebay, and I could buy them new for £8 at a local bookshop.

He did not like my reply, and I walked out.

Earlswood nob

• Like 2

It didn't sell at £29.99!! It has been relisted at 99p so the seller does have some common sense. It has a bidder, so we might find out how much it is considered to be worth.

I would say about a fiver, but I have been known to be wrong before.....

There's a black one with a tender and a couple of coaches currently at the same price -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Triang-Princess-Elizabeth-Locomotive-and-two-coaches/161953540633?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D59ec48993b3e4f3c8612ea62f2731351%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D311531780086

• Like 1