EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

"This 34057 Biggin Hill model, would be a fantastic addition to any collector of vintage and antique model trains / transport. This item is quite badly damaged, with markings, bumps and dents. Paint has chipped away, parts have broken and it can benefit from cleaning. This would be an Ideal item for those who enjoy mending broken models."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airfix-Biggin-Hill-34057-Railway-train-model-toy-Vintage-1970-c-collectible-38-/360857950913?hash=item5404cf5ac1:g:DPwAAMXQVT9S-hd2

£29.99 + £3.99 postage? And for another £39.99 you can get the tender, which sadly matches the condition of the loco!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airfix-British-Railways-Made-in-UK-Railway-train-model-Vintage-1970-circa-Toy-55-/390771827556?hash=item5afbd0e364:g:lbMAAOxyJX1S~MJI

£70 for the pair? I don't think so somehow. :jester:

Edited by RFS

• RMweb Premium

"This 34057 Biggin Hill model, would be a fantastic addition to any collector of vintage and antique model trains / transport. This item is quite badly damaged, with markings, bumps and dents. Paint has chipped away, parts have broken and it can benefit from cleaning. This would be an Ideal item for those who enjoy mending broken models."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airfix-Biggin-Hill-34057-Railway-train-model-toy-Vintage-1970-c-collectible-38-/360857950913?hash=item5404cf5ac1:g:DPwAAMXQVT9S-hd2

There are markings, with some quite noticeable ones on the back and it can benefit from cleaning. Please view the photographs as they are integral to the condition of the product.

Can't complain about the description.

• RMweb Premium

There are markings, with some quite noticeable ones on the back and it can benefit from cleaning. Please view the photographs as they are integral to the condition of the product.

Can't complain about the description.

What's left to clean, a waste of detergent & water? You can only 'mend broken toys', if you have all the parts.

Another case of lack of rubbish bins, in the UK.

£29.99 + £3.99 postage?

And for another £39.99 you can get the tender

Anoher of my pet hates of sellers on ebay.

Listing a loco then listing the tender separately then advertising the fact in each listing.

Also, happens a lot in kit sales - selling the tender separately or selling the wheels separately.

All an attempt to underhandedly force the bidding on both items - if you want the whole thing (odd that most buyers want the whole) then you have to overbid on the parts or all you get is spares.

Have you not heard that we get fined if we don't recycle plastic and metal, and ebay is the place to dump rubbish at BIN prices.
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

What's left to clean, a waste of detergent & water? You can only 'mend broken toys', if you have all the parts.

You can get a complete set of spare parts - in fact for the whole engine and tender - for just £8.69 from Hatton's - http://www.ehattons.com/34863/Dapol_C048_Battle_of_Britain_Class_4_6_2_Biggin_Hill_steam_loco_Plastic_kit/StockDetail.aspx

Would save all the hassle "restoring" it and be just a tad cheaper.

Edited by RFS
  • Like 2

Would have helped to actually describe what is being sold rather than the following:-

Global shipping for over sea bidders only please check there conditions because postage cost are very high and I can not send a invoice 
    Please pay straight away or three days maximum combine postage
        please contact me first if you have less than 10 feedback
please understand sometime problems can happen so please contact me first before leaving feedback
i do take paypal but prefer cheques or postal order
please pay within three working day
i will combine postage
i will send all items within four working days of payment
this is because i can only go to the post office monday & friday
can take up to five days delivery
 if I make a mistake you are bidding on all what you can see in the     picture or pictures only
QUESTIONS  ASKED AT THE WEEKEND MAY NOT BE ANSWERED UNTIL MONDAY
please look at my other item
happy bidding and good luck
Edited by andytrains

• RMweb Premium

Would have helped to actually describe what is being sold rather that the following:-

Global shipping for over sea bidders only please check there conditions because postage cost are very high and I can not send a invoice 
    Please pay straight away or three days maximum combine postage
        please contact me first if you have less than 10 feedback
please understand sometime problems can happen so please contact me first before leaving feedback
i do take paypal but prefer cheques or postal order
please pay within three working day
i will combine postage
i will send all items within four working days of payment
this is because i can only go to the post office monday & friday
can take up to five days delivery
 if I make a mistake you are bidding on all what you can see in the     picture or pictures only
QUESTIONS  ASKED AT THE WEEKEND MAY NOT BE ANSWERED UNTIL MONDAY
please look at my other item
happy bidding and good luck

Always seems to be the sellers with unusual and/or interesting items that have long-winded T&C's.

I wonder why?

I do use the words unusual and interesting instead of "pile of tat"

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

That one's been going for months..... I can't imagine why it hasn't sold!

(They're usually worth a quid or two - for the buffers as spares - but this one is not even worth that, as they have already been nicked!)

The seller has lots of other railway items at prices that make Gostude look cheap

For example -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R448-0303-GWR-train-model-set-1960-circa-collectible-Vintage-113-/360868810866?hash=item5405751072:g:IAwAAOxyni9TDI0u

Edited by Il Grifone

Did you say 30shites?

And I bet Father Jack lived in there.

Feck Feck and more Fecking.

874373e02670ed8e4c1381f3f4a9d68b.jpg

Edited by andytrains

• RMweb Premium

funny enough that's what i have too   , load's of rubbish to some . probably from a auction of storage places and the seller  was trying to make some money back after winning the storage locker and this was some of the contents in it .