Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Actually £500 for the three boxed Dublo locomotives is not all that excessive. A 'Dorchester' is 'worth' around £350* and the other about £75 each. £100 carriage charge does seem OTT however. I would be tempted to collect in person, if I were intending to pay that much (I'm not! and I'd want to see the goods first anyway).

Perhaps the seller is not aware that eBay now takes their cut on delivery charges?

*Sixties Dublo 3 rail is all 'rare'.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2

From the seller who doesn't know their geography again:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/large-vintage-train-collection-/192011638674?hash=item2cb4c91792:g:uCwAAOSwtnpXlLYN

Also, I reckon postage must be 'deliver in person' at that price :)

There are two coaches in the wrong boxes there...both Tri-ang Hornby coaches...

The SR Green MK1 in a Mainline Box, and the "GWR" (Caledonian Railway) Coach in a Wrenn Box.....

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium

Actually £500 for the three boxed Dublo locomotives is not all that excessive.

*Sixties Dublo 3 rail is all 'rare'.

They look to be in good condition with very little scuffing of the paintwork. The lining (I found) is the first thing to damage and it looks OK.

*As with all things, some 3 rail Dublo is rarer than others, especially in good nick!

Keith

True some Dublo is rarer than others, but all sixties 3 rail has a premium over the 2 rail or the earlier 3 rail version. For example an N2 or Mallard with nickel wheels (the certain indentification of a sixties model) is more valuable than one with plain mazak wheels. Plastic couplings are also appropriate, but in the case of Mallard could merely be a tender swap. The other 3 rail models, with the exception of the Bo-Bo diesel, all had new identities. Condition is all important of course.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

I was wondering why she looked 'wrong', then realised someone has nicked her buffer beams and left a smear of red paint!  :O  :stinker:  :nono:

The rough paintwork completes the job.

• RMweb Premium

I was wondering why she looked 'wrong', then realised someone has nicked her buffer beams and left a smear of red paint!  :O  :stinker:  :nono:

Notwithstanding the fact that these are hardly rare in any sense, IIRC , they were not much more than that cost when they first came out were they?

I have to admit, as far as 'damage' goes that's one of the worst ive seen of these.

Thinking further, did Mainline actually do a 44?? Or has this one been modified? The discs are obviously extra's.

Cant say I remember seeing one as a 44 from the factory.

Edited by Gary H

• RMweb Gold

Notwithstanding the fact that these are hardly rare in any sense, IIRC , they were not much more than that cost when they first came out were they?

I have to admit, as far as 'damage' goes that's one of the worst ive seen of these.

Thinking further, did Mainline actually do a 44?? Or has this one been modified? The discs are obviously extra's.

No, a 44 was produced by Bachmann without the front seam.......caused quite a stir at the time :O , but this was corrected on later models :sungum:

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Several variations on a 45 but not a 44 AFAIK.

Keith

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Lima-205110-4575-Class-2-6-2-T-5574-with-early-BR-emblem-/172460514084?hash=item2827729b24:g:TcgAAOSwux5YOE-4

New.

I do not think so.

Also in the description, "This is a new item is complete with its box in very good condition, but the buffer beam has been damaged on handling resulting in a small unnoticeable crack and one of the buffer heads missing".

Edited by andytrains

£29.50 seems a bit 'rippy' for one of these. Surely they are 'bargain bin 'or 'collectable' ever since the Bachmann model was released?

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

No, a 44 was produced by Bachmann without the front seam.......caused quite a stir at the time :O , but this was corrected on later models :sungum:

Mike

Hi Mike, the example in the picture was the earlier Mainline / Palitoy version, before the Bachy one. Late 70's or very early 80's I think it made its debut.

• RMweb Gold

Well, two people seem to want to buy it.

Can't make out just what it's 'assembled' from. Maybe a Kirk 2-BIL...or maybe not! 

The Box is wrong too....it says it is a Lima Box! :nono:

So....not good (Bits missing) and Not boxed...sent in a Lima Box! :scratchhead:

Can't make out just what it's 'assembled' from. Maybe a Kirk 2-BIL...or maybe not!

I like the fact that it says 'East Midland' on the side.

An erstwhile bus company absorbed by Stagecoach.......

• RMweb Gold
On closer examination of the picture... either the number is printed backwards, or the lion is the wrong way round...

Now here's an enigma... as the production models the number is correct and the lion faces forwards...

Maybe he has a unique rarity afterall... better triple the price before someone notices.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I dunno but I'd sooner have the eggs in the background to be honest.

• Like 1

I think a Kirk kit would be too modern. It looks like the ancient CCW wooden kit of a 2-BIL. These need a lot of work to produce a decent result....

Edited by Il Grifone

Regarding the prairie tank, it would appear that someone in Vicenza stuck the transfer on the wrong way up (too much wine with lunch?). I doubt this makes the model worth any more (It's not really like a Dublo GWR 0-6-2T with a Duchess number or other similar errors, which  for some strange reason are valuable - we tend to prefer our models assembled properly! or at least I do).

The EMU has now reached the heady heights of £5.51!  :O (It might just be worth this for the motor bogie, but.... Perhaps someone wants a challenge!)

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1