EBay madness

Marcyg

For more than 35 years now I have been selling 'Super Detail' Limited Edition loco's. I first started by attending Swap meets (Doncaster & York) where I would put a price on the stock but would always be prepared to negotiate. After relising the cost to myself in petrol stall hire & time away from home I decided to try Ebay. For me it has been pretty good & I have sold many 'Limited Edition' loco's under my 'Peasholm Models' banner with many buyers purchasing other loco's at later dates. The BIG difference between myself & other so called 'Limited Edition' sellers is all my stock goes on Ebay with a starting price of just 99p ! NO SILLY BY-IT-NOW PRICES & NO RESERVE PRICE. At the end of the day the value of the loco which tend to be A4, A3, & A1's is what the highest bidder thinks it is worth to him or her, sometimes a loco will not relise what I think its worth & other times it sells for more. As I have to purchase my stock from shops (I am not in the trade) If the loco sells low I have to stand the loss, thats how it is however, it is very rare for that to happen as I have always been up front with everything I do & find buyers extremely happy with their purchases.

silverlink

hear hear!

I always start my stuff at 99p too.

Very rarely am I dissappointed with the end price and sometimes, I'm pleasantly suprised.

Good on ya Silver link!

Cheers.

Sean.

For Olddudders, go to http://oldmodelkits.com/index.php for more info on this kit.

At least on the above site it is only US $1100.00! ;)

Cheers.

Andy

But in this case the instructions are only copies of the original so worth a lot less.

Must start to go to car boot sales, must start to go to car boot sales must start to ---

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

So I believe, although I think SW Trains staff were warned off using the nomenclature. I bet that stopped them, of course.

In my yoof, these were called Plastic Pigs http://www.3wheelers.com/regal2.html, not least by HM Constabulary, who tended to see one or two in other-than-upright positions.

Anyway, it's all about a German sense of humour. For Le Mans 1971, Porsche entered this elegant beastie http://www.flickr.com/photos/smuckatelli/4678811590/in/photostream/

A Bachmann RTC modelzone lab 14 wren recently fetched over £100. . and I thought I paid a lot for mine a year ago! (£64). Having said that, that's the first one thats been offered since then. Must be getting hard to come by lol