Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

18 hours ago, 40152 said:

If you’re modelling modern image somewhere in a fracking zone, I suppose this might be surprisingly accurate and worth the slightly fruity price tag:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125527424625?hash=item1d3a047e71:g:U60AAOSwIWtjJeaP

From his own collection. I wonder what he did to it??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MarkC said:

Exactly so - and if you think about it, eBay's raison d'être is basically to make money. Usually, the higher the winning bid, then the more money it makes, and permitting sniping software achieves this at no additional cost to eBay. QED.

Victims of eBay 'sniping' should be able to deploy an immediate  'counter-battery' response! Drop in a little napalm and cook 'em down!?

• Funny 4

Just now, Paul H Vigor said:

Victims of eBay 'sniping' should be able to deploy an immediate  'counter-battery' response! Drop in a little napalm and cook 'em down!?

Nuke 'em from orbit, its the safest way....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Which may consist of flagging down a passing Volga taxi to try and jump start your ICBM...

Reminds me of the time I was on an early morning flight.

I don't admit to understand the workings

of the units used to start the engines,

but on this occasion they failed miserably.

After about the sixth attempt, some bright spark

at the back of the plane pipes up,

If we all get out and push, will it bump start.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265904514760?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ogh7pCxdSWq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3qkTzGg7QRS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Low opening bid, but good condition? 

Warp factor six by the looks of the single photo.

I've also got my doubts about it being kit built too.

It'scrap.

• Agree 6
  • Funny 1

39 minutes ago, 40152 said:

Outlandish RR pricing strikes again:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115540526625?

It’s broken, it’s not been weathered or improved in any way, it’s just one of four buildings from the original brewery kit and it is on the market for more than the entire original kit cost. Chancers….

As featured in the £1 box at any model railway exhibition!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

Ah but, the Metcalfe Brewery Kit was discontinued in both OO and N some time ago and now fetches ridiculous prices when one comes up but that is for unbuilt sealed sets though.  One solitary wrecked building on its own however is pretty much worthless.

Band Wagon Jumping

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265904514760?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ogh7pCxdSWq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3qkTzGg7QRS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Low opening bid, but good condition? 

Warp factor six by the looks of the single photo.

I've also got my doubts about it being kit built too.

Looks like its been in a heavy shunt....

Another fine joke!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Ah but, the Metcalfe Brewery Kit was discontinued in both OO and N some time ago and now fetches ridiculous prices when one comes up but that is for unbuilt sealed sets though.  

Indeed they haven’t been around for a while; the only creditable thing about this ad is that they didn’t try to cash in on this point with the usual RARE etc. Mind you it isn’t that great a model; I thought for a whole, well, zero seconds about selling mine as a rarity thanks to the two wall sections being different shades of Metcalfe luminous brick red, then I saw this one suffers from the same thing 🤣

Edited by 40152
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Ah but, the Metcalfe Brewery Kit was discontinued in both OO and N some time ago and now fetches ridiculous prices when one comes up but that is for unbuilt sealed sets though.  One solitary wrecked building on its own however is pretty much worthless.

Band Wagon Jumping

Some of the old good quality card kits do create a bit of a scrum on eBay, the Prototype Models Watlington goods shed being a prime example.

• Agree 2

On 27/09/2022 at 15:00, TT3 said:

Game over man, game over

'All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in rmweb! A day in rmweb is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* rmweb!' 😎

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

'All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in rmweb! A day in rmweb is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* rmweb!' 😎

I feel like I'm chewing a cigar just reading that 😆

• Like 4
  • Funny 2