Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, rab said:

I've always wondered what Mint In Box meant;

now I know, a free After Eight included with the purchase!

Though it would be safer to include a Murray Mint, at least that won't melt all over the contents...

• Agree 3

It's all very well spending hours trawling eBay for overpriced misrepresented rubbish, but you have to wade through an awful lot of good, reasonably priced (well, perhaps justifiable with a little effort in some cases) interesting model railway items and there is a genuine danger of actually buying it.

You can end up skinting yourself whilst hunting for cr@p that you would never buy!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

24 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

It's all very well spending hours trawling eBay for overpriced misrepresented rubbish, but you have to wade through an awful lot of good, reasonably priced (well, perhaps justifiable with a little effort in some cases) interesting model railway items and there is a genuine danger of actually buying it.

You can end up skinting yourself whilst hunting for cr@p that you would never buy!!

You are quite correct of course! Guilty as charged, me lud! 🤓

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, Andy Healey said:

In the description they're asking £1575. The professional builder was apparently a retired engineer.

I've been a professional several things, but it doesn't make my models professionally built.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ianmacc said:

I remember when this thread was for mad eBay listings! Those were the halcyon days 

It was, but some of the recent conversations on here have been much more interesting!

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

In the description they're asking £1575. The professional builder was apparently a retired engineer.

I've been a professional several things, but it doesn't make my models professionally built.

It looks good.

But not that good...

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

On another issue re ebay.... I've brought a number of usefully items recently but all of them are showing as still in transit (other vans are avaliable) meaning I can't leave well deserved feedback...

How do you resolve this any ideas anyone?

• Friendly/supportive 3