RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

1 minute ago, Hroth said:

Oe oe oe ooooo, wah wah wahhhhhh......

And that people, is why when you slam the kitchen drawers, you should make sure that you're not standing too close....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

18 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

And that people, is why when you slam the kitchen drawers, you should make sure that you're not standing too close....

There's nothing worse than a trapped 'wah wah wahhhhhh'! And to make matters even worse - A&E nurses will just laugh at you!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2

We’ve featured these particular items on here before, as the price gougers think these are definite winners to part fools from their cash…

Purple People Eater

Interestingly, most of the rhetoric in this seller’s description is in capitals, which means s/he is shouting at potential purchasers!

What I love, though, is the “rare” description, mentioned possibly three times … whilst there are approx ten more for sale right now, all considerably cheaper!

In fact, the cheapest, at £350 starting bid, hasn’t had any bids… so I am wondering how s/he thinks something priced at over four times that amount is going to sell!

I also find the whole bit about donating to the Queen’s charities at bit disingenuous - after all, I suspect the seller has no intention of making a % donation from this sale to those charities, whereas mentioning them suggests that maybe that might possibly be the case.

I messaged to ask about that…

I don’t want to buy it. I don’t particularly like it as a model in that colour. But I think I might message every month to ask how it is going with actually selling it…

Just for the hell of it! 😈

HOURS OF FUN!

Edited by SteveyDee68
Missing “be”!
  • Like 7

Not sure this classes as madness but this guy's annoyed me on and off for years. Not so much the product (if you want to cover your train with self-adhesive labe!s that's your business), but the disingenuous description. You can get away with decals probably, but waterslide? If you put water anywhere near these you'll end up with a gummy mess.  Love to know how many people have bought off him thinking they're getting transfers

Stickers

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

29 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Hah, like the "no coaches included in this sale" right at the bottom to cover himself. Quality chiseling.

The description is misrepresentation pure and simple since it describes not a box, but the loco itself.

Edited by Swissrail
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, Sjcm said:

Not sure this classes as madness but this guy's annoyed me on and off for years. Not so much the product (if you want to cover your train with self-adhesive labe!s that's your business), but the disingenuous description. You can get away with decals probably, but waterslide? If you put water anywhere near these you'll end up with a gummy mess.  Love to know how many people have bought off him thinking they're getting transfers

Here are some more of this guy's offerings:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185972755422?hash=item2b4cd70bde:g:AswAAOSwjGljReVS

BR never painted that on the side of anything, ever.

And then there's this travesty...a green jinty??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185972755399?hash=item2b4cd70bc7:g:oY8AAOSwgcBjxtIB

This bloke knows nothing of the history of British Railways.

How are you supposed to make THIS work unless it's a tinplate coach:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185972755701?hash=item2b4cd70cf5:g:pO0AAOSw-NpkNbFO

This one made me laugh out loud:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185972755407?hash=item2b4cd70bcf:g:I7AAAOSwB01kiPP1

And there's all the stickers he does for wagons and vans. How on earth do you get them to stick down onto all the relief detail...and why would you want to lose it all under a cr@p label anyway?

You'll notice too that the coach he's crudely Photoshopped these things onto has no wheels! As Sjcm would put it:

Quality chiselling!

Edited by Swissrail
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Sjcm said:

Stickers

"madusjockus" - a relative of Bigus Dickus and Incontinentia Buttocks??

• Funny 7

4 hours ago, Sjcm said:

Hah, like the "no coaches included in this sale" right at the bottom to cover himself. Quality chiseling.

I messaged this seller to point out that the description talked of the loco and not the box. He replied in three messages with a diatribe of vitriol. This punter's a nasty piece of work:

Simple answer is....what does storage box mean to you? And for instance....if you expect this to suit a Clock work princess. It will not look like the same model and there will be visual difference and you will have bought the wrong storage box. Type storage box into wiki pedia if that helps you understand english. Also, there are other Models of the Princess locomotives and their detailed descriptions will be different.
Did you ever buy a garden gate going on the photo and expect the cottage ion the photo to come with it?

Pure and simple is your lack of basic intelligence. Unless of course you'd like to point me towards where one can buy a working 00 loco and 3 coaches for £13.50. Any more i say to you will be educating you as you are obviuosly wrong a lot in life. You wont be able to buy anything off me after your unfounded wrong mong attack.

Intelligent people buy off me. Thickos who go on the attack then expect politness cant buy my creations. It wont destroy your life but its sociopaths like you away. You know nothing about ebay. The photos show the box and what peoduct it is The boxes are not of a region or fropm an era or run on a specific voltage. Go away now. I have reported your attack and you are listed with ebay under seller protection. Simply put you were execting a loco and 3 coaches for £13.50 because you cant read properly or a shortcoming your end. Go sob to yourself im not interested. And yes...i do ripp into morons like you....what makes you think i should be nice. I am a creative, you are an attacker, a socioptah, a liar and you need bringing down sob sob.

And all that from a point made about him describing the loco and not the box. I love that bit about me being banned from buying from him. Oh the agony! The pain! How can I go on!? 🤣

Edited by Swissrail
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

21 minutes ago, Swissrail said:

I messaged this seller to point out that the description talked of the loco and not the box. He replied in three messages with a diatribe of vitriol. This punter's a nasty piece of work:

And all that from a point made about him describing the loco and not the box. I love that bit about me being banned from buying from him. Oh the agony! The pain! How can I go on!? 🤣

PS. What's a 'wrong mong attack'?

Looks like you've interacted with the 'Hannibal Lecter' of model railway ebay? ebay-madness, turbocharged!

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Looks like you've interacted with the 'Hannibal Lecter' of model railway ebay? ebay-madness, turbocharged!

I've had another one after I told him I was reporting his hysterical abuse to Ebay. (I've left in the spelling mistakes):

Not hysterical. Clear and presise. Yuo opened with a false lie and an attack as all unintelligent sociopaths do. Stay way frommy products stop ordering them and detroying them and liying amongst your gang of friends and stop this harrasment. I will teach you nothing and you are clueless in what you say.

😲 Oh, his poor wife!

Edited by Swissrail
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

1 minute ago, Sjcm said:

Ah but that's a van, not a proper sausage coach.. I'm tempted to order a few, but is it prototypical to run a rake of sausage coaches together, or do did they run with a Gregg's steak bake trailer composite?

Are sausage coaches coupled together...or linked?

• Round of applause 4
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

I just checked out our box selling loony's negative feedback:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/modelrailwaysales?commentType=NEGATIVE&user_context=BUYER

Either this guy has some serious personal issues or not all his dogs are barking....

I have now added him to my Blocked Bidders list too!!

Edited by John M Upton
  • Funny 4

17 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Either this guy has some serious personal issues or not all his dogs are barking....

I strongly suspect the latter! I'm glad it's not just me. Based on his feedback, it seems criticism of any kind is met with hysteria. It's actually quite funny really. He sounds like Basil Fawlty having a really bad day!

Edited by Swissrail
  • Agree 6

Well he accuses you of destroying his boxes in the last message and the feedback mentions a destroyed box. Maybe he thinks you're involved in a cardboard box extortion ring? 😳

• Funny 3

He also mentions my "gang of friends" although I never mentioned this forum at any point. It appears he's got a major persecution complex. Maybe his dad didn't love him. 🤪

Edited by Swissrail
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2