EBay madness

Marcyg

16 hours ago, Halvarras said:

In my first year at primary school we had to turn our chairs upside down, place them on top of the desks and sing 'Away in a Manger' before we went home - every day, not just at Christmas. I don't recall being confused at the time as I was only 5, we didn't sing carols at home and we didn't have a TV so never heard anyone else singing them, but I got more confused about this bizarre ritual as the years passed. Who instigated this weirdness? Miss Evans I presume........

I always imagined we had to put our chairs on the desks at the end of the school day so the caretakers could mop the floors?

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, hornbyandbf3fan said:

Seeing rails prices does make me confused as to how they sell anything through eBay. Often way above what others are selling the items for 

Then you check out Hattons and all of a sudden Rails looks reasonable in comparison!

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Weeny Works said:

£24.50 + shipping for this ZUA that's been stamped on!

From the seller's description:

END ROOF STRUT BROKEN - INTERNAL WALL LOOSE

SOME BUFFERS AND OTHER PARTS MISSING

but still headed GOOD CONDITION.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Then you check out Hattons and all of a sudden Rails looks reasonable in comparison!

I've bought stuff off both when their prices, even for dodgy stuff, is well below what the eBay fantasists think the object is worth!

You do have to keep what little wits you have remaining about you....

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, hornbyandbf3fan said:

Have to wait for the sales with hattons and at least you know there's lass hassle if it doesn't work!

Hattons are a bit odd (not withstanding their obsession with boxes!!!) as in my experience their UK outline second hand - sorry - preowned stuff is way overpriced, often more than brand new unused examples of exactly the same model elsewhere on their own site!  N scale particularly seems to warrant big ticket asking prices along with anything weathered.

Sound Fitted is another term that gets their pound signs rolling, it could be a completely broken, non working wreck but if it says Sound Fitted on the box, that will be another fifty quid please.

Their repeated use of the same catalogue stock picture for certain items doesn't help either.  Thankfully because they get far less of them, US HO scale outline stuff which is my particular line of interest seems to be better illustrated and cheaper (except for sound fitted) so a few decently priced spares or repair wrecks have come my way from time to time.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

Offered as new but without  guarantee or any form of liability at £280

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145218745404?epid=19058472566&hash=item21cfb6343c:g:8m8AAOSwYD5kyA8I

Still available from Locomotion/NRM for £220.

"I know my items and I'm fully confident in my listings and well packaged items, any abuse of the Ebay return policy is classed as cybercrime and will be reported to the relevant authorities outside of Ebay."

Cybercrime!

He's big on the threats isn't he?

Except that if he goes to the police, they'll just say it's a civil matter and tell him to go away, they can't even deal with the actual cybercrimes.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, TimberValleyRailway said:

It's Hattons 'Sound Fitted' tax again.  Doesn't seem to matter to them that the rest of it is a demic.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold