EBay madness

Marcyg

5 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I think the controller was for its smaller sibling batteries, that were flatter.  I've a torch that took the flatter ones.  Can't remember the Ever Ready number for them...

I know the type you mean, I've got a "Bantel" bicycle tail lamp which takes a slimmer version, never had it working and I don't remember the battery number either!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Interesting! Looks like a G-scale forecourt petrol pump

Whatever you do don't confuse an enema machine with a petrol pump!

Although the pyrotechnic flatulence could be a neat party trick....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

17 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Interesting! Looks like a G-scale forecourt petrol pump??

The problem is, what would you be trying to shift with 1 litre of liquid on the high pressure setting...

• Funny 5

5 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Definitely in Johnny Cash territory!

• Funny 4

7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Bobby Fuller Petrol ( joke doesn’t work if you read it, you gotta vocalise…).

Glug glug..

9 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315131003350

Here's an oddity. An armoured railcar - with all the windows painted over. If those within couldn't see the enemy outside - perhaps they weren't really there? Schrödinger's enemy??

A partially finished resin kit?

Looking at the last image, it wouldn't go around ANY radius curve!

Though the scale* is indeterminate...

* Not quite, I posted from a tablet, and didn't notice that the title mentioned HO Gauge. The ebay layout and info for "mobile" devices is carp.

Edited by Hroth
Clarification
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Many years ago, a smoking friend of mine used the toilet. When he had finished, he dropped his still lit fag butt into the toilet bowl, whilst sat on it. He emerged shortly afterwards looking rather startled - seemed the resulting flash fire had dehaired his lower half!

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Many years ago, a smoking friend of mine used the toilet. When he had finished, he dropped his still lit fag butt into the toilet bowl, whilst sat on it. He emerged shortly afterwards looking rather startled - seemed the resulting flash fire had dehaired his lower half!

My dad told me that his cousins back in the thirties lived in a house with a single outdoor toilet shared with three neighbouring houses. One of the residents, a bit of a bully used to occupy the toilet for at least an hour or two while he checked his bets in the Sporting Life and smoke a packet of Woodbines. They decided to teach him a lesson and someone suggested dropping a couple of carbide* tablets into the pan of the WC just before he entered it. When the time came to carry out their plan however instead of dropping a couple of carbide tablets they dropped about six into the pan. It didn't take long after he had entered the toilet until there was an explosion that demolished the toilet leaving the victim with a scorched backside. *Carbide tablets were used in acetylene lamps and gave off acetylene gas when placed in water.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

As the Alka-Seltzer advert said "plink, plink, fizz..."

Although in the case above, it'd be "plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, fizz..."

KABOOM!!!

Edited by Hroth
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

My dad told me that his cousins back in the thirties lived in a house with a single outdoor toilet shared with three neighbouring houses. One of the residents, a bit of a bully used to occupy the toilet for at least an hour or two while he checked his bets in the Sporting Life and smoke a packet of Woodbines. They decided to teach him a lesson and someone suggested dropping a couple of carbide* tablets into the pan of the WC just before he entered it. When the time came to carry out their plan however instead of dropping a couple of carbide tablets they dropped about six into the pan. It didn't take long after he had entered the toilet until there was an explosion that demolished the toilet leaving the victim with a scorched backside. *Carbide tablets were used in acetylene lamps and gave off acetylene gas when placed in water.

But you missed the important piece of information! Did that cure him of his habit?

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

Having built/fought with one of these myself it definitely fits into the category that Iain Rice might have described as needing to be towed out to sea and sunk by gunfire.

To start the bidding at £72, with not even any wheels/motor/gears? Wow. 

But it is "Special" and "Rare" !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266641104125?hash=item3e150c5cfd:g:E3gAAOSwZyRlrZsv&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwMlTh3jCdsG%2BmEf%2FxxlUPlg7sXcJR0%2FKIBwefcCdUp3EHl4%2FkYzyRk7znPxuAGmIKr50TF8jc1KwLk61%2BBJJvyiAUSAzBPLOUmYhEmihA0SEFusi7qO3sdK%2BXQHdu8MoRyXW%2Fuaf0ROIKBjdqw8eSsFvzt2uAS7Bru40c0goF3PrZh%2Ft7iXejS1JRFeyzC%2BY1Wf1zgKmaon9QRdVEXDkehYLw32pVbKTR%2FAc8EwXaoFkiykKf8MxQ%2FKAQUp3cbgnhg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5z-_dWsYw

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

45 minutes ago, Barclay said:

Having built/fought with one of these myself it definitely fits into the category that Iain Rice might have described as needing to be towed out to sea and sunk by gunfire.

To start the bidding at £72, with not even any wheels/motor/gears? Wow. 

But it is "Special" and "Rare" !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266641104125?hash=item3e150c5cfd:g:E3gAAOSwZyRlrZsv&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwMlTh3jCdsG%2BmEf%2FxxlUPlg7sXcJR0%2FKIBwefcCdUp3EHl4%2FkYzyRk7znPxuAGmIKr50TF8jc1KwLk61%2BBJJvyiAUSAzBPLOUmYhEmihA0SEFusi7qO3sdK%2BXQHdu8MoRyXW%2Fuaf0ROIKBjdqw8eSsFvzt2uAS7Bru40c0goF3PrZh%2Ft7iXejS1JRFeyzC%2BY1Wf1zgKmaon9QRdVEXDkehYLw32pVbKTR%2FAc8EwXaoFkiykKf8MxQ%2FKAQUp3cbgnhg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5z-_dWsYw

Or you can have a bedaubed (weathered!) Hornby Pug with an amazingly clean driver on the footplate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256390267246

Its got wheels gears and motor. Good box too!

A snip at £53.44 (inc delivery).  Unique!

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Or you can have a bedaubed (weathered!) Hornby Pug with an amazingly clean driver on the footplate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256390267246

Its got wheels gears and motor. Good box too!

A snip at £53.44 (inc delivery).  Unique!

He's forgotten to mention that model's capability of running at a scale two hundred and fifty miles per hour!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386726535411

Starting price of 99p, 9 days until ending, in very good cosmetic condition seemingly with all components accounted for… I wonder how much it’ll be by ending…

In unusually good condition, it will probably go daft, even though it's a Jinty chassis in fancy dress. Tenders seem rare, they're an interesting mix too. A Caley Single tender body, with a log load and a pair of diamond frame freight bogies beneath. It's actually very clever.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

He's forgotten to mention that model's capability of running at a scale two hundred and fifty miles per hour!

I dunno, if it’s a newer one then I find those to have a lower speed motor, my experience with them? The one I had burnt out late last year, just over 3 years I had it from brand new, whereas I’ve got 0-4-0s from the 90s which just won’t die!

…I also don’t understand the change to a slower motor, it’s a starter grade model for children, they’ll want to run it fast!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

"Fire in the hole!" 😎🚽🎇

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

8 hours ago, kevinlms said:

But you missed the important piece of information! Did that cure him of his habit?

It almost certainly cured his haemorrhoids.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7