Just now, Paul H Vigor said:

Avec frills? Or no frills??

Avec ou sans fioritures old chap.

Think Brigitte Bardot circa 1959, you get the picture. 😁

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Another one with daft AI-generated description - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145594386881.

It's a Bachmann Standard 4MT 75029 but you would never have guessed that from the description - 

"It is a replica of the BR 102 and features a tender, wheel configuration of 4-6-0, and a gauge of OO. The locomotive is from the brand B&R and comes in the colour black."

Plus a set of all-vertical photos!

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Avec ou sans fioritures old chap.

Think Brigitte Bardot circa 1959, you get the picture. 😁

Think of Brigitte c 1959 and I’ll get a heart attack!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

29 minutes ago, RFS said:

Another one with daft AI-generated description - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145594386881.

It's a Bachmann Standard 4MT 75029 but you would never have guessed that from the description - 

"It is a replica of the BR 102 and features a tender, wheel configuration of 4-6-0, and a gauge of OO. The locomotive is from the brand B&R and comes in the colour black."

"unique and highly sought-after"??

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

An upstanding, rigid, upright, erect and proud member

of the community

Bebe was quite something back in the day; what a shame she turned out to be such a horrible old woman...

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

31 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

An upstanding, rigid, upright, erect and proud member

of the community

Bebe was quite something back in the day; what a shame she turned out to be such a horrible old woman...

Oh, I say!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, RFS said:

I've got one of those, I call mine "Wobbly Bob", which should give an indication of the probable running qualities of the loco on offer!

• Funny 8

7 hours ago, Hroth said:

I've got one of those, I call mine "Wobbly Bob", which should give an indication of the probable running qualities of the loco on offer!

Sorry, I thought you were following on from @The Johnster's comment there!

Edited by MrWolf
Technology that fails to deliver
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

15 hours ago, RFS said:

To misquote Stroudley, I take it that must be "Improved Engine Black" or green to everyone else!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, RFS said:

Clearly never thought to check the box or the colour of the Std 4 as they are totally different

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Wonder how long it'll be before the entertainment value of AI descriptions begins to fade?  Not yet, for sure, I'm thoroughly enjoying the nonsense; won't be buying anything described in such a manner anytime soon, though...  What's a BR 102 (some sort of 1st-generation dmu, I suppose), and who are B&R? 

• Funny 5