Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

I've no idea why they refer to it as a "sharp scratch", it's more like a gentle stabbing.

Been stabbed. Twice.

Didn't like it.

No, it wasn't by Miss R, she came with some official LMHT paperwork that says she's perfectly safe unless provoked.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I've no idea why they refer to it as a "sharp scratch", it's more like a gentle stabbing.

Been stabbed. Twice.

Didn't like it.

No, it wasn't by Miss R, she came with some official LMHT paperwork that says she's perfectly safe unless provoked.

The Doctor said to me "just a little prick". I replied "how do you know, have you been talking to my wife?"

• Funny 3

On 08/05/2024 at 01:52, Bucoops said:

Gosturd has dropped another, um, turd.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/374999150624

Where to even start? He's right about one thing - it certainly is a "neverwazza". Also a "nevershoulda" and a "WTFa". That North British were the class 16 rather than 15 is essentially moot.

Speaking as the former owner of a depressingly large quantity of Lima O, I can state with some certainty that there is no universe in which anything based on a Lima 33, let alone that, is worth £140.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, PatB said:

Speaking as the former owner of a depressingly large quantity of Lima O, I can state with some certainty that there is no universe in which anything based on a Lima 33, let alone that, is worth £140.

I can vaguely remember my Grandad had quite a bit of Limo O gauge. Then one day when we went round it was all gone. He had sold it to buy a pair of Hornby tinplate Orient Express coaches.

I know you're not supposed to have favourite grandparents but...!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
On 19/05/2024 at 13:49, kevinlms said:

That's the trouble with the term 'Doctor', it's usually assumed that it refers to a medical doctor.

But a large number wouldn't know a thing about medicine.

At a previous job someone pointed out that a particular doctor, should get a priority service, due to the title. Until someone pointed out that this individual 'doctor' was actually a doctor of music and so deserved no priority at all!

and to make it more confusing, many top consultants don't use the title "Dr" anyway, and revert to "Mr"...

• Agree 3

48 minutes ago, Nick C said:

and to make it more confusing, many top consultants don't use the title "Dr" anyway, and revert to "Mr"...

IIRC that started as inverted snobbery on the part of surgeons.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Yes and no.  As I understood it surgery used to be practised by "barber surgeons", who hadn't been to university (think period drama ship's captains amputating wounded sailors' legs).  So surgeons were plain Mr as they weren't entitled to call themselves Dr.

I think some of the very senior surgeons actually now prefer to be called Dr than Mr.  And some prefer Prof.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hroth said:

Because they're concerned about saying you'll feel "a little prick"?

That's happened to me far too often . 😆

There's also the times when we put a hand on a friend's shoulder and say "Sorry, but I now feel such a prick..."

• Funny 2

29 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That's happened to me far too often . 😆

There's also the times when we put a hand on a friend's shoulder and say "Sorry, but I now feel such a prick..."

I can say, with complete honesty, that I have never done that.

• Like 1

My saints, it's back!  

Unsold since its first appearance here on May 6th. At least it's down from its initially unbelievable price of £50 to a marginally more appealing £40, but still a fivers worth of adulterated GBL at best

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Own up; which of you are one of the seven "watchers"...

Not me, I learned my lesson, watching stuff like that leads eBay to pester you with all sorts of carp...

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Well… THIS is f@ck1ng confusing.

The other week I ordered some replacement Triang wheel bushes for a couple projects, today I wake up, check my emails, and see THIS.

IMG_1631.jpeg.a5e6db9cdd18503cc80ecd010999b1ac.jpeg

Apparently I complained about these* not arriving in a box??? I’ve ordered from this seller before and was always expecting the padded paper envelope (which is what they came in, both this time and the first time I ordered from him). I’m curious as to if he has the wrong guy, if eBay had a cockup and sent him the feedback I sent on the GraFar 8100 from earlier this month, or if I’ve been sleep-typing. Either way, I can’t even explain my side of the story since he’s blocked me from purchasing from his store and seemingly from contacting him too, nice going, &r5ew1pe!

Seller also made a comment about how I should take my business elsewhere in that message, implying he has the best deal on Triang insulating bushes, and you know what? Peter’s Spares is only a quid more, for the same part and quantity, maybe I’m comfortable with buying the more expensive ones, at least I know he’s not likely to call me out on stuff I simply didn’t do.

I’ve checked “glass_by_jojo”’s feedback and yes, some people have complained about “insufficient packaging” (though likely about the glass he sells), but not a single one was me!

*The listing in question which I bought them from:

IMG_1630.jpeg.142a3f49e5f17a20cc385b3d48dd5878.jpeg

Edited by Hacksworth_Sidings
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4