Hatton Parkway

ian

• RMweb Gold

Mask windows (inside and out, I've been caught that way before!) and slosh some white acrylic on. Peel the masking off when touch dry and remove any stray acrylic with the end of a cocktail stick. Cut some brick paper into strips and fix over the 'tiled' panels. Make a simple interior from card to block the sightlines through the building and you have something like this.

post-2-12635075952735_thumb.jpg

Can I ask which scalescenes kit you used to do the platform surfaces..... is it the actual platform kit itself.

I tried their concrete ground sheet from the kitbuilders section but it didn't look right to my eye. Plus I like the look of the edging you've got done there.

I have to admit I love Scalescene, I think its great fun to build, easy to throw away and start again if it goes horribly wrong and if done correctly can produce some really cracking little pieces of work as per your retaining walls which look great.

• RMweb Gold

Yes the platform surfaces are from the platform kit. The edging slabs have had the three lines that you see on many modern platforms drawn on, I cut part-way along between the slabs so that I could bend it to follow the curve. The yellow high-speed line is from the road surfaces, cut either side of the line and you can bend it to follow the curve of the platform. The platform sides are Peco brick edging.

Yes the platform surfaces are from the platform kit. The edging slabs have had the three lines that you see on many modern platforms drawn on, I cut part-way along between the slabs so that I could bend it to follow the curve. The yellow high-speed line is from the road surfaces, cut either side of the line and you can bend it to follow the curve of the platform. The platform sides are Peco brick edging.

Interesting......did you curve the peco brick edging then to follow your curved platform edge or were they smooth enough to just kind of push on and fit the shape.

Does the platform kit cater for non-modern platforms, I don't need yellow lines or modern markings at all.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Keep up the good work with the Scalescenes, looks like you're quite enjoying their products as well!!

• RMweb Gold

Curving the Peco edging can need you to cut slots on the inside to make it flexible.

The Scalescenes platform comes with paving and tarmac surfaces to apply as you wish. The yellow line and lined slabs were my additions.

• RMweb Gold

Last night I was playing with buffer stops.

Here is the standard Peco item, cruelly enlarged:

post-2-12650938407102_thumb.jpg

and here it is with the beam replaced with a length of Peco's Code 55 rail:

post-2-12650938582807_thumb.jpg

For once Peco's strange ways seem to have worked to my advantage. The code 55 rail is actually code 80 with an extra 'foot' part way down and at a normal viewing distance this looks not unlike a typical metal buffer beam.

• RMweb Gold

The car park and industrial units across the tracks are looking great.

I know the car park is Scalescenes (because I use it) but where are the industrial units from?

Dave

Thanks for that Dave. The large industrial unit is a Hornby Lyddle End ready-to-plonk job whilst the smaller ones are Kestrel kits.

Spring is here, and the first delicate signals are poking their heads above the ground...

post-2-12657086102161_thumb.jpg

All I have to do now is bed it in and wire it up in place of the temporary LEDs.

• RMweb Premium

Latest pictures are looking good, its coming along nice..

The signal looks like one from CR Signals?? I have purchased quite a few from paul, mainly the heads as i have to scratch build my own for the area i am modelling.

Anthony

• RMweb Gold

Latest pictures are looking good, its coming along nice..

The signal looks like one from CR Signals?? I have purchased quite a few from paul, mainly the heads as i have to scratch build my own for the area i am modelling.

Anthony

Indeed it is.

but did you lose any on the floor ....... :lol:

No, but trying to solder the wires on was interesting :blink:

Last night I was playing with buffer stops.

For once Peco's strange ways seem to have worked to my advantage. The code 55 rail is actually code 80 with an extra 'foot' part way down and at a normal viewing distance this looks not unlike a typical metal buffer beam.

Neat idea on the buffer stops. Might give it a go. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Later;

STU from EGDL

• RMweb Gold

post-2-12660720083348_thumb.jpg

The first sea moss tree has been planted. Mindful of possible damage from the roots the housholder has lopped it back to a towering 3cm tall ( that's just over an inch for you colonials).

Archived