Stuarts Lane NOW SOLD

shreives

• 1 month later...

Hi all not much progress to report I'm afraid I've been having modellers block for a while but hopefully that will soon past . I have only just got round to sorting out the pictures of the 3rd rail so that's enough of me and il let the pictures do the talking.post-3608-0-77052900-1350382610.jpgpost-3608-0-96627500-1350382654_thumb.jpgpost-3608-0-21470400-1350382692_thumb.jpg

And lastly one of the 4way yard lamp

post-3608-0-53470700-1350382749_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking

Stuart

Hi dickie thanks for your kind comments the 67 I did with weathering powders I'm really pleased how it came out. I can't take any credit for the 58 though that is one of Ian's at mercig and is an outstanding detailed and weathered loco.

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

No more work done to the layout at the moment but Iv been thinking about adding some bits and bobs to the depot and would appreciate your advice and comments.

First up Iv been thinking about adding a refuelling point on the back line but I'm not to sure if this is going to work because I don't want to block a line going into the shed.

I also want to put something to the side of the depot building on the turntable side but I'm struggling with this so any ideas would great.

I have also been looking for a gas ometer for the area by the road. I know scene craft were going to do this but I can't find it anywhere now. Does anyone know of any other company's that make these either ready built or as a kit ?

With the dark nights closing in I have started weathering some more stock I'm about half way through a freightliner 57 at the moment with FL66 next up.

Any advice or comments area much appreciated

Stuart

Evening all Iv spent abit of time on the layout today finally getting back into at last being on crutches for the last 3 weeks might of had something to do with it haha.

I've been thinking about what I could put at the back of the layout an to me I feel that adding the back of some large buildings is the way to go with delivery acess to add more detail I would appreciate any feedback on this as I'm not 100% sure on this the buildings will be scratch built Iv made a mock up for you all to have alook at apologies now for the qualitypost-3608-0-12232000-1351792635_thumb.jpg

Next up I thought I would have ago at mocking up a refuelling point based on one at Ipswich I wanted to try and add something more to the depot again advice on this would be great thanks.

post-3608-0-55817200-1351793030_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-35573800-1351793116_thumb.jpg

Most of the afternoon I spent painting rails and chairs :( il let the pictures do the talking here I'm very pleased with how they have come out.

post-3608-0-06528100-1351793493_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-41037200-1351793577_thumb.jpg

I said I would add this one awhile ago so my apologies.

post-3608-0-47655000-1351793623_thumb.jpg

Finally Iv been doing abit of weathering on some of my freightliner locos the 57 has come out very well but it's not coming out great in the photos so il try and get a better one before I post it on here. The 66 has had a light weathering but the exhaust has been blackened right out I'm really glad this has turned out the way I wanted it topost-3608-0-11106000-1351794193_thumb.jpg

Stuart

post-3608-0-75430600-1351794130_thumb.jpg

Looking very nice Stuart, The rear of the building looks good, maybe make it a modern steel clad structure, something like a Wickes or B&Q would look good.

I don't see a problem with the fuelling point, looks really good by the way, with it in that position you have a good excuse for some tankers stabled in the adjacent siding.

The track painting has come out very well, looks much more natural now.

You're weathering skills are looking good to, maybe i should send my stock to you now?

All you need now is your gasometer, might have to scratch build it?

Cheers

Graham.

Thanks graham I was thinking of b&q actually something colourful. I haven't done the next one yet but I was thinking of making it come out abit further so it's not all in a straight line.

I have been playing about with tanker movements into and out of the depot which works really well nice change from just watching engines going in and out haha

I was thinking about doing the gas ometer but that is going to take abit of time no idea where to start with that one might have to pick your brains on that one.

We can sort out engines for weathering no problem just let me know . Iv still got a lot a fiddely brake pipes to on mine yet can't wait

Stuart

I wouldn't worry about the time factor when it comes to the gasometer, If you make it yourself it's going to be unique and also at a size to fit your needs, have a go.

I think the idea of setting the building at an angle is very good, Will give the layout some depth, B&Q is good and orange will really stand out, You may want increase the size quite a bit though, Not the height but the width.

Graham.

I will have to get some photos and look at sizes for the gas ometer . The next building along at the back will be a lot bigger so il have to nip to gravesend or dartford and get some photos hopefully I can crack on with these and get them built :)

Stuart

Thanks oli it's starting to come together abit now . I have only just started on the weathering of the stock really it's going to take along time to get most of mine done I like to go from photos so trying to find the pictures of what I'm doing at the time takes a while.

I've got some graffiti transfers to try out on a mail van at some point il try and keep a step by step record when I do that

Stuart

Thanks grimleygrid

Iv mocked up a larger building to go along side the first one Iv done I think they look okay but would like to know what you guys think ?

Nothing else has been done today to busy playing :) and trying to keep the cat from knocking all the stock about he's been is his element today the little Sod but he has decided he's a railway cat now haha. Just a quick couple of photos today first up what will be a b&q

post-3608-0-15358000-1351958867_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-21987200-1351958919_thumb.jpg

This is tommy my little helper for today

post-3608-0-62469500-1351959009_thumb.jpg

I'm just cleaning the track this end

post-3608-0-58328700-1351959148_thumb.jpg

General shot

post-3608-0-88725900-1351959241_thumb.jpg

Thanks stuart

Thank you Dave. I still find it hard to believe when I look at it that it's only 4ft by 2ft .

I think using most of the board to create the depot scene really has paid off. I'm sure a lot of people are thinking with the size that it wouldn't take this long to complete but I really want to get the best finish I possibly can which Is why Iv been playing with the mock up buildings to see how it will all look thanks again.

Stuart

Cracking work Stuart and Tommy (we all need a Tommy to keep the tunnels clear of spiders :sungum:)

Just a couple of questions if I may you might have stated the answers before but as I am getting over birthday celebrations I still have my beer goggles on a little :crazy:

Please could you tell me what code rail did you use for your main running lines plus what did you use for your third rail and what method was used to fix the third rail down?

Sorry for all the questions but I am truly amazed at the quality you have achieved with the running lines with third rail its superb :sungum:

I have just recieved my class 47 back from Ian at Mercig studios, as you say the work is out of this world!!!!

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Looking good Stuart! Tommy is adorable... I'm sure my cat will start showing an interest when some trains start moving!

Love that last shot! Really atmospheric, and I think the time spent weathering paid off - the rails look superb now!

Oli :)

I said a couple of days ago that I would do some graffiting on a mail van but it was only till I got the transfers out that I realised that I had got the wrong ones. So I can only apply the ones Iv got to a light back round it just so happens that my tankers are :) so here we go .

These are the transfers I will be using

post-3608-0-97646800-1351965372_thumb.jpg

Next up the tanker

post-3608-0-49520100-1351965419_thumb.jpg

Then I cut out the transfer that I will be applying

post-3608-0-05301800-1351965482_thumb.jpg

I placed the transfer roughly over the area that I wanted it to go before applying.

post-3608-0-35838300-1351965550_thumb.jpg

I placed the transfer into the water with a pair of tweezers for 20 seconds then checked to see if the white backing slide away then placed on the tanker and slide the backing out making sure that the transfer was wet enough to move about to get into position and there we go all done takes a few minutes and you have one graffitied wagon most off mine need weathering yet though .

post-3608-0-20253200-1351965810_thumb.jpg

post-3608-0-65695100-1351965851_thumb.jpg

Stuart

Thanks for the comments guys

Hi Darren ask away. The mainline is code 80 and the 3rd rail Is code 55 which is just glued down I can't take any credit for that my brother did it. All I did was touch it up with paint.

What 47 have had done if you don't mind me asking ?

Thanks oli I need to get a decent camara really. Night shots arnt really coming out that well on my on iPhone

Stuart

Archived