Stuarts Lane NOW SOLD

shreives

Thanks for the comments guys

Hi Darren ask away. The mainline is code 80 and the 3rd rail Is code 55 which is just glued down I can't take any credit for that my brother did it. All I did was touch it up with paint.

What 47 have had done if you don't mind me asking ?

Thanks oli I need to get a decent camara really. Night shots arnt really coming out that well on my on iPhone

Stuart

Hi Steve many thanks for your help with the track issue :yes: very helpful.

I had 47 706 in battered ex-Scott rail livery with NSE branding applied 8) when I start my new topic I will post a couple of pictures up.

Keep up the good work Stuart, look forward in seeing this develop.

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Thanks Darren my time is quite limited with work and so on bit I will try and push on with it now I want to try and get it to a state where it doesn't need to much doing to it. I will be watching out for your new venture in 2mm.

Hi David thank you for your kind comment. I have to say that graham is the one who ends up building baseboards laying track and the wiring but I do enjoy the scenic side of modelling and playing of course. Tommy can be very helpful but a pain at the same time haha.

Seeing how your layouts have come out has made me want to have a go at scratch building my buildings so thank you. I have been watching your progress and the speed you work at amazes me keep it up

Stuart

• 1 month later...

Evening all

There has been no progress to report. But there has been an incident with the yard light my lovely kitten tommy jumped over the layout and has damaged the top of it. I haven't checked to see if it still works yet but I fear that it will have to be replaced but these things can be replaced so I'm not going to let it get to me. Lets hope that farther Christmas brings me some goodies :) so I can get where I want to be with the layout at the moment.

I will wish anyone reading this a merry Christmas hope you all have agood one and a happy new year

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Stuart,

Only catching up with the thread.

Great looking layout.

The split-level works well and I like the way that the depot is spread out - i.e. space around, rather than being too cramped, which is often the way with N gauge. Certainly less-is-more and works here!

The track work looks good, and at first glance does not look like N gauge.

I'd agree with the other comments about the buildings along the rear - keeping these at slightly different angles will create the impression of more space and will retain the realism.

Shame about the yard lamp!

Keep up the good work!

Hi oli and mudmagnet happy new year to you both.

Oli i now have a kit of a gas works but it will need adapting in size to what I want but I will get some pictures of kit uploaded so you can see it.

Mudmagnet thank you very much for your kind comments I will try and progress with this abit quicker this year.

I now have a nce powercab which my parents very kindly bought me. I want to chip my mercig locos and with this I'm feeling a 5ft by 1ft shunting layout coming on. When I can get the money together of course I also need to settle on a plan for this to.

Stuart

Haha Kent to Cornwall would be a very long journey for an n gauge 47 :) it will be making the outing to Tonbridge. With my brothers layout smithdown road junction in February but who knows where it will go after that.

Stuart

Few pics of what's happening.

First up the gas ometer

post-3608-0-53372200-1357208479_thumb.jpg

The kit is a lot larger than I need it to be. So it will need adapting.

post-3608-0-80377700-1357208792_thumb.jpg

Last up the yard light which will need replacing no chance of sorting this out.

post-3608-0-05168500-1357209486_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking

Stuart

Looking very good Stuart, how long did it take you to build from start to finish? Thinking about getting something similar.... ;)

Cheers, Oli 

Hi guys thanks for the comments.

Oli it's taken me a couple of hours so far I will put some pictures up in abit. I haven't rushed Iv taken my time I want to get it right there are just fiddely bits left to do now.

Thank you Simon will try and keep this up to date as much as possible now I want to get it to a finished state now

Stuart

Thanks mudmagnet I'm not to sure yet I'm going to prime it first and from there. It certainly will dominate the corner it's larger than thought but I'm really pleased with how it's coming out so far. I wanted two circular features on the layout one in each corner hense the turntable and the gas ometer.

Thank you all again for your kind comments

Stuart

• 1 month later...

Nothing to report on Stuart's lane at the moment as the layout has been packed away.

Today I have been thinking though do I turn back the clock for Stuart's lane to the late 80s early 90s I love the blue and grey era and nse livery maybe with the odd jaffer cake thrown in any ideas on this from you guys would be appreciated

Thanks Stuart

Thanks for the comments guys. I love the farish cep as it is and I don't want to touch it really so my thinking is to have the change over period from blue and grey and nse and as you say jez lots of variety with loco hauled passengers 33,47,50,73. Large logo blue and intercity nse 47s and 50s and plenty for the freight side of things

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I would deffinately do 80's/90's ive just sold all my modern image n to go back to 80/90s the railway was so much more intresting then than it is now!

Regards Steve

Thanks Steve I do like modern image and I do have a fair bit of stock but there is something about br blue and nse and the different freight logos I'm also considering doing the gatwick express maybe with a large logo 73

Stuart

Archived