Stuarts Lane NOW SOLD

shreives

Hi Stuart,

That sounds nice doing the gatwick express with large logo 73. But know what you mean with the br blue and nse iconic liverys i have a soft spot for railfreight grey.

Steve.

Thanks lee

Another option for me is dcc but I would appreciate any advice or experience you guys have had with n gauge dcc

Thanks Stuart

Hi.

With regards to DCC and N gauge.....much the same as 00 in my eyes. Newer mainline locos come with sockets and can have a chip fitted in minutes.

Shutters and smaller locos are a little more challenging, but I've seen articles on the smallest diesels being chipped and 08s with DCC sound! I'd be quite keen to see if I can get lights into one one day.

The track etc is the same as 00.

Regards

Lee :)

Hi lee thanks for the reply . Luckily Stuart's lane won't need wiring again thank god dcc will work straight away. The main thing for me is that I don't want to have to hard wire chips in plug in will be best for me do I can switch to dc if I want.

The other thing I want to try and do with the stock is detail and weather each peace as I get it so I don't up with a full bench of stock waiting to be done .

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I noticed you used waterslide decals for the graffiti. To help with positioning them, put a drop of washing up liquid in your water. I've done this for years and had no detrimental effects.

Oh, very nice layout. When I returned to the hobby N guage wasn't that great in detail or quality but I now find myself wishing I had some so I could run full length trains. Particularly after seeing some of the exceptional layouts on here.

Cheers,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

STUART'S LANE TO BE SOLD OFF

Unfortunately due to finances Stuart's lane is going to have to go to a new home I'm not to sure weather to put it in the classified section I thought I would post here to see what you guys think? The layout is fully operational all the points are motored and a working turntable also with a working 3 aspect colour light signal my vortrak controller will be sold with the layout.
I'm a bit hesitant to put it on eBay I would rather the layout go to a fellow modeller who could carry on with this project in there own way of course. Any ideas you guys have would be really appreciated thanks
Stuart

Stuart

I'm really sorry to here the news.

I would love to be able to re-home it, but, I'm getting near to being in the same financial situation.

For what it's worth, I think you should put it on the classifieds.

Duncan

• 1 month later...

I was speaking with the new owner in my local Sainsbury's last night and I am sure it has gone to a good home, the new owner has a good pedigree in decent N gauge layouts...

hi guys just a quick update on the sale. i have been having trouble changing the layout for sale in the classified to sold now. Really sorry to all who have been messaging me about the layout and thank you for your interest and kind comments. i will upload some last pictures of the stuarts lane when i get a chance to do it thank you all again and i hope one day that i will be back on the layout thread with a new layout when i manage to get everything sorted

stuart

Hi everyone,

I'm the new owner of Stuart's Lane. Indeed I saw Rob shopping while I was working the other night, well, funding the layout purchase haha.

All being well I'll collect Thursday evening and I will start a new thread so not to clutter this one up with my wittering.

I can't wait to see the layout in the flesh, well, wood, and get it home, it looks like a neat little setup.

jo

Archived