Network southeast locomotives haul ?

class37418stag

hiya everyone

I have seen class 73 nse stabling at tonbridge engineer yard for awaiting next duties for haul engineer wagon

so class 33035 nse,any class 47 nse, any class 50 nse and any class 73 has haul any freights,engineers,nuclear flask wagon?

But I know class 33,47,50,73 most time haul passenger rolling stock from london to south east area

thank you

Please be aware to help the information

• RMweb Premium

Assuming you're after generic information rather than specifics, I think you can divide the NSE liveried locos into two groups. Class 47, 50 and 86 were repainted for passenger traffic and were allocated to depots to operate NSE services on the following lines:

Euston - Northampton (Class 86)

Paddington - Newbury/Oxford/Reading (Class 47 and 50)

Liverpool Street - Cambridge/Kings Lynn (Class 47)

Waterloo - Salisbury/Exeter St. Davids (Class 47 and 50)

Non-NSE Class 47s and 86s worked a wide range of other services so it was not uncommon to see the NSE ones working any service diagrammed for those classes of loco - passenger, parcels/TPO or freight. Visits of NSE 47s to the Scottish highlands were not uncommon...

On the other hand, the NSE class 33s and 73s were IIRC repainted for NSE infrastructure trains south of the river, not passenger, although 33035 would have appeared on the Mule from time to time replacing an unavailable Class 50. So any "southern region" freight trains might have seen them at the head.

NSE liveried locos frequently got used on engineers trains including class 33s, 47s and 50s. The 73s not used by GatEx have mainly been used on freight \ engineers and thunderbird duties but also for a time on TPO / Parcels trains. All would also have turned up on stock transfer moves such as coaches and wagons going to works.

In later years, the 47s were transfered away and could be seen on Parcels trains across the country and the 33 passed to the main freight company so could in theory have been used on any suitable freight

It's not letting me edit that the way I'd like, so I'll post again with this link:

http://www.thejunction.org.uk/gallery/87/87012_Carlisle.html

After my time, but The Chief got to work later and the lettering was adapted to read 'Host City London 2012.' Why on earth Hornby have missed this trick this year escapes me - look at the Saltire buffers - what a proud machine!

Archived