Arnington

Hi Arnie,

45113 looks great, looks like the NSE sticker on the front, nice touch.B) She looks good parked up with the others. How many more do you have to do?:D

Cheers Peter.

Hi Arnie,

45113 looks great, looks like the NSE sticker on the front, nice touch.B) She looks good parked up with the others. How many more do you have to do?:D

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks very much :) Yeah i went for 113 because of the NSE sticker on the front which i thought was an interesting addition to model. 113 is the last one for now. There is still a few i would like to do though Vampire being one of them because of the Black Tinsley nameplate, and also Apollo looked cool with the blue backed Tinsley plate :)

Cheers

Arnie

Now that is a lovely collection of 45s Arny. There was one for sale on ebay which ended yesterday evening but I got tied up and forgot until it was too late! :angry:

Cheers Grimley :)

Yeah i did see that one on there someone snapped it up at the last minute. I see there is another TMC one on there though with 5 days to go, 45002 looks very nice!! Keeping an eye on it but with others i've seen, they have gone for silly prices!! I wish Bachmann would just bring a sealed beam marker light variant out in there normal model run instead of limited editions. It looks like it would be a good seller with all the demand for them.

Cheers

Arnie

Some more nice pictures i see.......

Thanks very much 66, gonna put some more up when i have finally installed all the lights and have them working. Just waiting for a package from Express models to arrive with the other lamps i've ordered :)

Cheers

Arnie

• RMweb Premium

Hi, your layout looks great, you appear to have an interest in Tinsley loco namers so heres a couple of photos I took many moons ago on the scrap lines down in the main yard.post-10896-0-27705300-1300049110_thumb.jpg

Vampire

post-10896-0-14015200-1300049158_thumb.jpg

Mercury

Both were taken on 25-4-1990 and they were looking in a sorry state :( . Hope you might get some use from them. Cheers Phil.

• Like 2

Hi, your layout looks great, you appear to have an interest in Tinsley loco namers so heres a couple of photos I took many moons ago on the scrap lines down in the main yard.post-10896-0-27705300-1300049110_thumb.jpg

Vampire

post-10896-0-14015200-1300049158_thumb.jpg

Mercury

Both were taken on 25-4-1990 and they were looking in a sorry state :( . Hope you might get some use from them. Cheers Phil.

Hi Phil,

Some great pic's there thanks, sad to see them in that state but they will come in very handy as Vampire is the next Tinsley namer i would like to do. Love the black painted nameplates on her :)

Cheers

Arnie

• RMweb Premium

Hi Arnie, you're welcome, I remember the day quite well I wasn't supposed to be lurking around in Tinsley yard but I just had to get some pics B) . These are the best of the bunch, if I get time I'll see if I can find the others and any worthwhile shots I'll post here for you. Sad to see it's all gone now even I'm not in Sheffield anymore!! There was another scrap line near Sheffield that I found and wished I'd had mi camera on me. Do you remember the 'Peak' that Tinsley painted green? well she was in a scrap line near Beighton Engineer's yard near Woodhouse Station, along with other 'Peaks' and a couple of 47s but sadly no pics! That was probably '88 or '89 cos I had my toddler daughter with me. I'm glad you've got an interest in the Tinsley namers they were lets just say "interesting". Cheers Phil.

Hi Arnie,

I like the latest pics, lighting is something I need to do a bit more of on Llanbourne.

I have always liked 45115 Apollo with its blue name, it was one of the last Peaks I saw in service, so might do a model one day. i have a model of 45150 but pre Tinsley name, I didn't know it had a black painted nameplate. I did the loco because of it having it's number on the front.

Nice pics mirreles31. B)

Cheers Peter.

Hi Arnie,

All looking superb there fela bin following this 1 a while now an luv your stock and loco's makes it even better with the lights added now adds the depth and atmosphere to the layout well!

Nice stock too plenty of re-sprays i see, i must get a couple of peaks done myself including the green tinsley namer too.

Cheers.

Hi Arnie, a couple more shots for you-

post-10896-0-49338800-1300181812_thumb.jpg

45033 'Sirius'

post-10896-0-82841900-1300181876_thumb.jpg

And somthing a little different 08 141 (I think!) 'Manvers' (that was a local colliery)

Cheers Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks again for some more pics :) A Tinsley namer gronk is also on my list to do! I've always had a real fondness for peaks even though i'm from down south and didn't get to see too many of them, perhaps that is the appeal of them :) and have always taken a real shine to the Tinsley namers. I do remember the green peak 106 i believe, shame that it didn't last long and had to catch fire :(

I have another peak on it's way to me but it dosen't have the high intensity lamp fitted so gonna put Vampire back for the moment and turn this one into 45046 Royal Fusilier :)

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Arnie,

I like the latest pics, lighting is something I need to do a bit more of on Llanbourne.

I have always liked 45115 Apollo with its blue name, it was one of the last Peaks I saw in service, so might do a model one day. i have a model of 45150 but pre Tinsley name, I didn't know it had a black painted nameplate. I did the loco because of it having it's number on the front.

Nice pics mirreles31. B)

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks :) I have been putting off the lighting for ages, I should of installed them when I started the layout but was to impatient at the time and wanted to get some trains running :) I have also got some signals to wire up which hopefully i'm gonna crack on with tonight.

Cheers

Arnie

Hi Arnie,

All looking superb there fela bin following this 1 a while now an luv your stock and loco's makes it even better with the lights added now adds the depth and atmosphere to the layout well!

Nice stock too plenty of re-sprays i see, i must get a couple of peaks done myself including the green tinsley namer too.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comment Richard :) The green Tinsley namer is on my list also :)

• RMweb Premium

Hi Arnie, glad photos are of use, Tinsley had quite a few named 'Gronks' in fact if you stood still too long at Tinsley depot you'd be repainted and named :lol: . I too have a soft spot for 'Peaks' they were the mainstay of passenger diagrams during my short lived spotting days ('76&'77). Unfortunately the Tinsley namers don't fit my steam/green diesel modelling era however I'm fancying 'Merrdyn Emryss' (if thats how you spell it :blink: ). Now that was their crowning glory (should have been a 'Peak' tho'!). I'm just waiting for my latest D55 'Royal Signals' , and I'll be in my elements again adding the requisite detailing, a special recipe from various sources B) . Anyway have fun at your depot Phil.

Hi Phil,

Thanks again for some more pics :) A Tinsley namer gronk is also on my list to do! I've always had a real fondness for peaks even though i'm from down south and didn't get to see too many of them, perhaps that is the appeal of them :) and have always taken a real shine to the Tinsley namers. I do remember the green peak 106 i believe, shame that it didn't last long and had to catch fire :(

I have another peak on it's way to me but it dosen't have the high intensity lamp fitted so gonna put Vampire back for the moment and turn this one into 45046 Royal Fusilier :)

Cheers

Arnie

Evenin Arny,

You mentioned the beast 45106 in celebrity green livery theres 2 replica 45's in this guise on ebay at the moment if you or anyone is interested?

Cheers, Rich.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Arnie, just dug out a couple more photos, sadly not 'Peaks' but Tinsley namers

post-10896-0-66323900-1300268843_thumb.jpg

47051 'Great Snipe'

post-10896-0-48115000-1300268870_thumb.jpg

47079 & 08880 'Darnall' (Darnall was a steam shed with diesel & electric facilities-now gone-I used to live round the corner from it :D .)

an alternative name for your 'Gronk' project? As you can see at this time the 'Peaks' had gone and 47s reigned supreme! ('92-'93) Cheers Phil.

• Like 2

Hi Arnie, just dug out a couple more photos, sadly not 'Peaks' but Tinsley namers

post-10896-0-66323900-1300268843_thumb.jpg

47051 'Great Snipe'

post-10896-0-48115000-1300268870_thumb.jpg

47079 & 08880 'Darnall' (Darnall was a steam shed with diesel & electric facilities-now gone-I used to live round the corner from it :D .)

an alternative name for your 'Gronk' project? As you can see at this time the 'Peaks' had gone and 47s reigned supreme! ('92-'93) Cheers Phil.

Hi Phil,

Some more nice photos there :) Darnall was funnily enough one i was thinking of doing! I'm also planning on getting a BR Blue 47 done as 47002 Sea King in the near future. Planning on getting her done nice and battered just before she was withdrawn in 91. There are also some 37 Tinsley namers i would like to model one day also.

Cheers

Arnie

• RMweb Premium

Hi Arnie, glad you like 'em. Just found this photo-a couple of gronks

post-10896-0-07853700-1300280859_thumb.jpg

one is 08509 'Wath ETD' , I've been trying to fathom out what the other is something mill,hill or hall? Anyway I don't have any 37 namer shots, I can't actually remember seeing any but I didn't get up there very often. There were some 37s around in sector liveries thay were probably visitors and didn't stop long enough to be attacked by the Tinsley painter boys :lol:. And just look at the sad sight of all those dead locos :( that 31 on the left looks as though it's been on fire! I've just received my 'Royal Signals' so it looks like some detailing is in order. Happy Peak-ing Phil.

• Like 2