Arnington

So it was you who won it then Arny! lol my mate bid a lot on it but thought he better stop otherwise the winning bidder is gona be paying thru the roof for it! I'd personally expect it to have sound for that price aswell but hay ho if you wanted it badly then fair enough :no: one question thou did the real one have wonky numbers!?! :scratchhead:

Thanks

Rich

Hi Richie,

Good job he didn't go any further on the bidding then as i was very close to my limit also dude :no: Here's a pick of 706 at waterloo and the numbers look a little wonky to me? http://www.flickr.com/photos/24292321@N02/3227825141/

Cheers

Arnie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats a good line up... Quite fancy a Mainline blue 37 myself. I'm pleased my layout inspired you to get them out the box.

Just out of interest hows the whole layout coming on. Did you ever complete the station area?

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Mainline blue is one of my favourite liveries and i think it suited the 37's nicely and also the 60's. The other side of the layout is still a work in progress at the moment as i keep changing my mind and ripping it up and starting again ;) I've managed to get some work done on the builders/works yard next to the line though.

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-15354100-1358938156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 9

Mainline blue is a great scheme.....hard to find 37s in it - there's vi one or the Rex ltd edition and that's about it .

I'm loving your early EWS fleet....see some numbers in there I used to see regularly in " Rails" , movements log each week. Pages of interesting 37 movements before a) Rail got pretentious and decided it wasn't for enthusiasts and b ) the 66 take over limited it somewhat

• Like 2

Mainline blue is a great scheme.....hard to find 37s in it - there's vi one or the Rex ltd edition and that's about it .

I'm loving your early EWS fleet....see some numbers in there I used to see regularly in " Rails" , movements log each week. Pages of interesting 37 movements before a) Rail got pretentious and decided it wasn't for enthusiasts and b ) the 66 take over limited it somewhat

Thanks Rob, Also thought it looked good on the sole Clas 31 that was painted in it :)

post-1198-0-52680400-1359055102_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Evening,

Had to get myself a model of a Citroen 2CV as my parent's had the exact same one back in the late 80's and we used to do the London to Brighton rally in it which was a top laugh. It was also parked up lineside quite often while my dad and i would do a bit of spotting. Good times..... here's a picture of the "beast" parked up in the yard :)

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-32563000-1359055840_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Morning,

Have been having ago at modelling 56073 Tremorfa Steelworks in Transrail livery after the loco had a graffiti attack. When the Graffiti was scrubbed off the former trainload metals decal started to show though.

I still need to sort out a few bit's i'm not happy with, but this is how it looks so far,

post-1198-0-70274500-1359635917.jpg

Edited by Arnington
  • Like 6