Arnington

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guy's

A rather shabby looking duff has recently arrived at Arnash via a popular online auction site and she's an absolute cracker well pleased :)

47706 has always been a fav of mine and always wanted a model that captures the awful state the loco was in and Jon aka (43179) a fellow rmwebber has done a superb job!!

Cheers

Arnie

post-1198-0-37945300-1355860867_thumb.jpg

post-1198-0-90201000-1355860975_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

A rather shabby looking duff has recently arrived at Arnash via a popular online auction site and she's an absolute cracker well pleased

I wondered who paid all that money for this one, I was watching it too! You're right though it looks great.

Arnie,

This is one great layout. I really like the dirt and grime in the TMD, it makes for a very realistic finish.

What are the metal plates between the rails made from a they look very good and add a nice touch to the scenes?

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

, I was watching it too!

I wondered who paid all that money for this oneYou're right though it looks great.

So was I..... and half of RMWeb by the looks of it....

Yes - very good observed detailed work by by serge especially the fibre pen scuffing on the bodyside - you have a good un there Arnie - looks well on the "Lane"

Ian

• Like 1

Hi Arnie,

Very nice updates, I also share fund memories over 47 706 a loco that always looked shabby but now in my eyes a legend :sungum:

Thanks for sharing,

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Cheers Daz, the 2mm version of 47706 you have is also superb, Mercig done a great job :)

I wondered who paid all that money for this one, I was watching it too! You're right though it looks great.

Hi Ian, Yeah a few loco's had to be unfortunatley sacrificed to raise the funds! She would look great pulling your rake of repainted NSE mk 2s :) Need to try and get hold of a few more mk2's myself, dosen't look quite right pulling four round the layout :)

Cheers

Arnie

• Like 1

Arnie,

This is one great layout. I really like the dirt and grime in the TMD, it makes for a very realistic finish.

What are the metal plates between the rails made from a they look very good and add a nice touch to the scenes?

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee! The plates between the rails are from the Hornby skaledale range painted up with track grime.

Looking great Arnie. I could do with some mk 2s as well so I hope I dont end up bidding against you as Im a bit of a cheapskate haha. I need intercity or blue ones really though so you can have the NSE ones! I really must do a scotrail 47 for Neale Bank!

Cav

• Like 1

So was I..... and half of RMWeb by the looks of it....

Yes - very good observed detailed work by by serge especially the fibre pen scuffing on the bodyside - you have a good un there Arnie - looks well on the "Lane"

Ian

Cheers Ian, Yeah very pleased with 706, just about to chip her up with a bit of sound!

Arnie you are a lucky man to have that machine in your possession, what a beast. He certainly has made a superb job of her and she looks right at home at Arnash Lane.

You really do have some lovely locos!

Thanks Alex :) Just need a few more NSE Mk 2's to run behind her now.

So it was you who won it then Arny! lol my mate bid a lot on it but thought he better stop otherwise the winning bidder is gona be paying thru the roof for it! I'd personally expect it to have sound for that price aswell but hay ho if you wanted it badly then fair enough :no: one question thou did the real one have wonky numbers!?! :scratchhead:

Thanks

Rich

Edited by richard60098

Looking great Arnie. I could do with some mk 2s as well so I hope I dont end up bidding against you as Im a bit of a cheapskate haha. I need intercity or blue ones really though so you can have the NSE ones! I really must do a scotrail 47 for Neale Bank!

Cav

Cheers Cav, Yeah i've been watching a few MK 2s lately and some of them do go for crazy amounts. An NSE open second went for over £40 the other day!

Arnie