Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

A limited number of HTA's are fitted with buffers as "end" wagons and allocated to the Liverpool traffic. I'm sure the likes of Beast and/or 40044 would even have the numbers!

Cheers,

Mick

they work a bit further a field that just the Fiddlers ferry circuit

Here is 60010 and 60085 doing the honours on the LBT to Ratcliffe runs

Which don't run under DBS anymore and haven't done since shortly after the photos were taken.

They ran as a result of the collapse of Fastline as DBs steeped into that contract. The LBT - Ratcaliffe runs I've only recorded working in the early months of the year. It'll be interesting to see if they run this year

• RMweb Gold

They ran as a result of the collapse of Fastline as DBs steeped into that contract. The LBT - Ratcaliffe runs I've only recorded working in the early months of the year. It'll be interesting to see if they run this year

I think Stu might know better than us ;)

Today 60074 appeared on the Whatley - Oxford stone working having come down from Acton yesterday.

Here it is passing Broughton Gifford in the rain with 7C54 Oxford Banbury Road - Whatley quarry.

post-6899-0-59969100-1295976159_thumb.jpg

Hopefully as the refurbs progress, now the tugs seem to be a bit more in fabour with DBS, this might be a bit more of a regular occurance. Much as I'm a fan of any tug, it'd be nice to have one other than 074 round here :lol:

cheers

jo

Unlikely, as FLHH now hold the contract for LBT - Ratcliffe.

60084 has replaced 60099 on the LBT - Fidlers circuit (when it restarts!)

Around 4 Crewe 2 Kiverton and 1 Humber and 1 Midland Road Driver sign via Stoke - Derby they all had route reviews for the start of the LBT traffic in case the Mainline via Stafford was closed for engineering operations

Around 4 Crewe 2 Kiverton and 1 Humber and 1 Midland Road Driver sign via Stoke - Derby they all had route reviews for the start of the LBT traffic in case the Mainline via Stafford was closed for engineering operations

That's reassuring. When did freightliner drivers last work the route, as I've obviously missed an opportunity for some rare motive power on the route?

Hoping the 70's get a chance to show their power on the drag from Stoke junction to Caverswall as that should be a bit more entertaining than the slow and I mean slow progress of the sheds over the hill. The 60's certainly put the sheds to disgrace on that climb with a full load. Blue Tug on LBT-Ratcliffe

Was 60040 on the Westerleigh tanks yesterday? There was a dark red tug in there when I went by around lunchtime.

Pete

Yup

post-6899-0-49552200-1296236991_thumb.jpg

60040 on 6E41 Westerleigh - Lindsey at Charfield loop

Incidientally, 60011 has now left Wales, Toton bound I think. 60074 went over to Newport today - a replacement I wonder?

cheers

jo

• Like 1

60099 apparently on the Rother Don tour from Bristol to the Sheffield area tomorrow (for some of the time)

Yes, Tata livery up to the steelworks, appropriately. I put my photo in the Woodhead thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/13240-the-woodhead-route/page__view__findpost__p__316458

• RMweb Premium

Not the world's best pic as it was 1630 and the sun had already gone down.....

60040 clagging nicely as it leaves the up and down goods loop at Blackburn with 6Z40 return empty BYA's to Immingham on 2/1/11

Cheers,

Mick

post-408-0-34731500-1296677548_thumb.jpg

A friend who knows a man (if you know what i mean) told me today that there are 6 more tugs and at least 6 sheds about to get the DBS treatment at Toton shortly. No idea about the numbers but lots of 'red paint and white sticky bits' have been delivered.

It will be nice to see some more DBS red locos :lol:

As long as 60054 retains its Trainload Petroleum identity,the last railfreight sector liveried loco left running B)

I dont think DBS should be painting 60s before their overhauled as the nice new paint work will be ruined during the overhaul process...