RMweb

Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

• RMweb Premium

I saw "KL" mentioned by several people in another thread - Jaz and Kal's Arboretum Valley to be specific, so I typed it in search, not thinking I'd get a result, but I did! That's fame for you.

However... Have I got enough life left to read the ruddy thing!  :O

Tony.

Probably not - especially once the KL2 build starts later in the year!

If you DO take the plunge - best of luck!!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Here's the thing, I'd actually quite enjoy reading most of it, if it wasn't for my lack of spare time, call me bonkers!

The thread may have certainly recently sort of gone off track/ off the rails (or whatever railway metaphor you wish to use), but let's be honest it's a darn sight funnier and easier to read than most threads. I think we all need somewhere to relax our brains... or lack of in some cases  :jester:

Whilst I eagerly await the beginnings of KL2, I'm certainly still enjoying the humour!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jam. This is what I'm proposing to do....

I will INDEX all the work on KL - up to it's demise, using the existing Index (upto about page 415).

There'll be this in-between period which will probably go to about page 500. Only a few key ideas in here will be future referenced as it's mostly humour, general discussion etc.

Then I will produce a second Index from the start of KL2. KL2 will stay in the same thread, for simplicity. This time I'll put more of the nitty-gritty garage conversion/baseboard building in - these were crammed into the first 3 pages of KL.

The garage conversion should start around August time and I hope to be back to the same stage as the end of KL by Easter 2015.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 3

Damn sight more easy to read than some Hornby threads!  But that's just me being too sensitive about the responses I see in the latter. 

Its a nice chemistry in KL1/2 and Lunester world.

Thankyou Jeff.    (I'd thank Bodgit and Jason too but it would go to their heads)

• Like 1

Damn sight more easy to read than some Hornby threads!  But that's just me being too sensitive about the responses I see in the latter. 

Its a nice chemistry in KL1/2 and Lunester world.

Thankyou Jeff.    (I'd thank Bodgit and Jason too but it would go to their heads)

Rob, I thought that was KL Half and I missed something prior to KL1, hhhahaaaaheeee

Bod :stinker:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

In fear of joining the "monster raving Lunester party" (Andy Bodgits term not mine)  and Mrs S. leaving me for spending way too much time on RMweb (Who's gonna do the scenics on GUN (Grim Up North) if she does) Sasquatch is going through this wonderful thread of yours Jeff.

regards Shaun.

Hi Sas, it was a bit MAD last night, and now there is Kal and Jaz to contend with as well, apparently I now have to go over to Arberetum Valley and read about Witchypoo, however she is.

I'm off out all day so I will catch up with episode 7 tonight.

Flig dot :no:

• RMweb Premium

Hi Sas, it was a bit MAD last night, and now there is Kal and Jaz to contend with as well, apparently I now have to go over to Arberetum Valley and read about Witchypoo, however she is.

I'm off out all day so I will catch up with episode 7 tonight.

Flig dot :no:

Morning Andy.

Here's a link to Pufnstuf episode 1: it looks a bit silly and dated now, but it was made in the late 60s and is typical of the time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Z8gMyI0F4

Have a fun day. I'm just off to get my hair cut - thrilling!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In fear of joining the "monster raving Lunester party" (Andy Bodgits term not mine)  and Mrs S. leaving me for spending way too much time on RMweb (Who's gonna do the scenics on GUN (Grim Up North) if she does) Sasquatch is going through this wonderful thread of yours Jeff.

regards Shaun.

Cheers Shaun.

Hope you enjoy the read. And welcome along to the "community"!

KL has reached a temporary lull - you'll see why if you skim through to about page 400ish. But it'll be roaring away again later this year.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

I have decided that I spend too much time on RMWeb and it intereferes with my modelling.  The answer, well, as I said before I have RMWeb open and read it between doing other things.  At the moment I am washing up.  In between I read a post or two.  Therefore I spend NO time on RMWeb, except my jobs just take a little longer.  ;)   It helps of course that I have a laptop so can have it with me most places in the house.

I now start modelling before I read any threads, and read during breaks, every minute or so.  It helps that I am one of the few men who can multi-task, (My wife is one of the few women who cannot!)  Also if there are pages and pages when I arrive back from work after a couple of days I will read a page or two at a time.

It of course would be difficult when spending time doing things way from the computer, like building baseboards or wiring but for modelling jobs at the workbench, sorted!

Of course the real colour that engines should be is

Invisible Green

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It's approaching a day since anyone posted on here. I guess it's partly my fault, having redirected most of the S&C discussion into the Lounge.

For those of you wading through KL (Shaun, Lee, Kal, for starters) - stick at it, as long as it interests you. And please feel free to comment specifically on KL in here, rather than the Lounge.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff, are there any more photos of KL which you've taken, but not shown on here? Perhaps you could do a retrospective series from start to finish?

Al, I took over 3000 photos from the start of the garage conversion to the demise.... I would be happy to put some of these on here in batches if people were interested in seeing them.

Some might be repeats, but if a few others share your idea then I'll start tomorrow.

So - please let me know.

Jeff

• Like 8

It's approaching a day since anyone posted on here. I guess it's partly my fault, having redirected most of the S&C discussion into the Lounge.

For those of you wading through KL (Shaun, Lee, Kal, for starters) - stick at it, as long as it interests you. And please feel free to comment specifically on KL in here, rather than the Lounge.

Jeff

Maybe not to many posting here but a lot of time spent researching various items from way back

• Like 2

Hi Jeff,

Well isn't it just typical, I'm busy beavering away tracklaying and making control panels and wiring and ...and .. and turn my back on KL for a couple of days or so and miss all the banter Boooooh Hoooooo.

Great thread, great punters and a good looking man in a mankini  No!..  No I mean a good looking viaduct with class loco's atop!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Banter? What banter - we've all been terribly serious..... Well okay, the Lounge is full of the stuff.

And the mention of the man in the green m*****i has given me an idea for these photos.

Duncan, thanks. Al's idea. I'll sort out a few pics (it'll probably end up being around 200 - I'll try and find some I've not used), resize them to < 1Mb and start chucking them on here tomorrow.

Jeff

• Like 5

Great idea from Al there Jeff, I'm gagging for more, some build ones, some Viaduct construction and loads and loads of locos, YES PLEASE. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Bodge :sungum:

Well that should keep Jeff busy, I hate to think of him sat stewing and thinking about how KL used to be.

Putting loads of photos together about it, well he will soon put it completely out his mind.

Well that should keep Jeff busy, I hate to think of him sat stewing and thinking about how KL used to be.

Putting loads of photos together about it, well he will soon put it completely out his mind.

Billy

Don't you mean ' he will be completely out of his mind?' :jester:  :jester:  Loads of photos and no layout :O

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Nah, I really don't mind.... I'll consider it "revision" of what I've done.

The pleasure is in the choosing, the pain is in the resizing.

I've already sorted out the first batch of photos - in the garage conversion, August 2011.

Keep a look out from tomorrow morning.

Jeff

• Like 1