Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

• RMweb Premium

Hi Polly.

I shouldn't really have mentioned that I was planning something. It won't happen for a while and when it does, if not done properly, it could be a logistical nightmare!

But I can't let things stay as they are and Baron Bodgit agrees entirely with my viewpoint. Made a few good additional suggestions as well.

So I'll carry on as normal for now. Bet you won't notice the difference when I do "the job" anyway!!!!!

Jeff

Zebedee time - want to be up for 6.30....

Edited by Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

So, Jeff, you are your own leak, then(?)

You'll have to be careful you don't get any mole hills. :sarcastichand:

I'm sure everything will be just grand when all is revealed. :sungum:

Polly

• RMweb Premium

While reading the Lounge, I had a thought....

As you have got Lunefell looking good, and we've commented on your amazing lighting on it, could you make some sort of wheel that goes below the spots that gives the effect of sun breaking through moving clouds? I'm sure it's not beyond a man of your calibre!

Daft Lune

Andy G

So, Jeff, you are your own leak, then(?)

You'll have to be careful you don't get any mole hills. :sarcastichand:

I'm sure everything will be just grand when all is revealed. :sungum:

Polly

As Sir Humphrey would say "He who hath a secret to keep, must keep it secret that he hath a secret to keep..."

Mole hills?  Now, there's something you don't see modeled that often...  Hmmm...  How luney would I look if I went out walking with a ruler rule and kept stopping to measure the mole hills?  All in the sake of accuracy you understand.  Thinking about it, would need to measure separation too, so perhaps a tape measure would be better (and easier to conceal....)  Hmmmm...

• RMweb Premium

As Sir Humphrey would say "He who hath a secret to keep, must keep it secret that he hath a secret to keep..."

Mole hills?  Now, there's something you don't see modeled that often...  Hmmm...  How luney would I look if I went out walking with a ruler rule and kept stopping to measure the mole hills?  All in the sake of accuracy you understand.  Thinking about it, would need to measure separation too, so perhaps a tape measure would be better (and easier to conceal....)  Hmmmm...

I don't think you'd look luney at all. I seem to recall our esteemed Captain Kernow spending weeks measuring up paving stones for one of his layouts....

I like the Sir Humphrey quote - couldn't recall hearing that one before.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Since our little dog likes to mark each molehill I could count her steps between them not always the straightest path though. You could take a photo and when counting Bodgits sheep palls we could count the molehills.

We can wait to see what you are up to. As long as you don't suddenly shift the layout to the fens (there is not much of a market for used plaster!).

Don

• RMweb Premium

Since our little dog likes to mark each molehill I could count her steps between them not always the straightest path though. You could take a photo and when counting Bodgits sheep palls we could count the molehills.

We can wait to see what you are up to. As long as you don't suddenly shift the layout to the fens (there is not much of a market for used plaster!).

Don

He's perfectly welcome to shift the whole lot down here. Mind you, finding space for it will be an issue and will I have to put some piles in to support the weight???

Andy G (Fen tiger, well more of a Fen Cat)

Hi Jeff I have E-Mailed the News of the World with your thoughts, and so your secret is SAFE WITH ME, hHAAAAAA :nono: :no: :O :stinker: :locomotive:

Bogdit :O :nono:

Thanks for the update Andy, another great Idea from Jeff  :no:

I'm sure he will make it work  :scratchhead:

But I don't think he will be able to wait a week before he puts the plan into action  :stinker:

Thanks for the update Andy, another great Idea from Jeff  :no:

I'm sure he will make it work  :scratchhead:

But I don't think he will be able to wait a week before he puts the plan into action  :stinker:

Billy

I'll give him till Friday. :sungum:  and I'm being generous

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

I'll put you lot out of your misery - a little...

I would love to do what I've planned right now. However, for organisational reasons, I can't. It will have to wait - maybe even a month or so.

I don't have any choice in this. Doing what I plan now would make doing other things almost impossible - even though I'm raring to go!

Anyway, just got some more plaster, so time to mix a kg or two....

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Jeff

You do know how to leave us sat on the edge of our seats wanting to know more  :no:

Now come on out with it, if we don't get it from you, you know Andy P will just make something up that he would like to see you doing  :boast:

Billy

Jeff

You do know how to leave us sat on the edge of our seats wanting to know more  :no:

Now come on out with it, if we don't get it from you, you know Andy P will just make something up that he would like to see you doing  :boast:

You mean like g***s appearing. :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  

Duncan

I think Jeff must have got fed up with those days of very few posts so came up with the idea of another secret to tempt us in. We are now all on tenterhooks waiting......and waiting........

Will Luneyleaks reveal all or is this another Lunestergate cover up.

More questions than answers so far, is the internal wall coming down to extend the fell? that's huge! is he going too ...Oh no that's just TOO silly, oh well I'll just have to wait then.

Jim (sitting hear twiddling thumbs but checking for updates every 10 minutes)

Jeffs extending the layout to include Ribblehead. :jester:  :sungum:  :O  :scared:

Duncan

That's wonderful new in these difficult economic times, it could provide work in the area for many more years to come

If only the government would follow suite and put more money into construction projects  :declare:

• RMweb Premium

My thoughts are along the lines of the road underpass being added at the platform ends, but Jeff has already said that isn't really an option unfortunately.

• RMweb Premium

He's putting in the line back down and up to Carnforth so he can fast forward to present day and run The Fellsman to Carlisle on Wednesdays* throughout the summer.  :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Nincompoop Lunester  :jester:

* Or whatever day it runs on...

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Premium

You lot are like a gang of kids taunting each other over who has got the best bike or packed lunch!!!

I will tell you that every suggestion so far is wrong!

I've had to scrap today's work on Lune Fell - the plywood sizes I have available to me aren't big enough. Surprising how large those formers get. So it's coffee and then plastering.

I'm not trying to wind you up, even though I know you like a mystery! Sorry, you'll have to wait.....

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeff

Re: Office closures some time ago, yes the Stockton office closes at the end of October, but I am safe in my job and will probably move to a public office in Darlington to do my work.

Now regarding this idea, do you want to work on an area, but if you do, you will have no access to the area behind? For instance, do you want to disguise the rift valley joints or work on the stream bed, but if you do you will not able able to slide the rift valley out which will prevent work behind the viaduct?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jonathan.

Glad to hear that your job is secure.

Good suggestion regarding my "secret". No, I don't have a problem with the slider situation. It'll be a bit awkward to cover, but I can live with the benefits it brings...

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

It's been a frustrating day with no real end product to show for my efforts. A few plans and measurements made and that's about it.

Time to go and help out with a bit of Science. Oh well, you can't win them all!

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps he is going to swap the track for N gauge so he can run longer trains and make the viaduct look higher. Oh no that would need more sheep to fill the fells.

Don :jester: