The RMweb 2012 Challenges

Andy Y

Nooooooooo. :)

Hi, Andy

Just a bit of clarification and advice please

The challenge finished on 1st October

If I want to continue my entry build should I start a new topic or can I still add to the existing thread knowing that it can only be judged at the stage it reached by 1st October

Cheers

Ron

Ron -

The very question I was going to ask!

Regs

Ian

Hi, Ian

Now I have a little time to spend on the build and I do want to complete it - and my followers I am sure would also like to see it finished

The question is important

Cheers

Ron

Sorry for the delays in setting up the next stage.

I now need to ask challenge entrants to create a summary topic here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/225-2012-challenge-summary-topics/ - with a link to the build topic; feel free to go to town with images and text that help sell the entry as the voting software will point to the summary topic so voters can get a good overview.

You have until 31st October to do the summary topics and then I'll open up the voting in the first week or so of November and it will run until Christmas.

If I want to continue my entry build should I start a new topic or can I still add to the existing thread knowing that it can only be judged at the stage it reached by 1st October

As long as the summary topic links to the build topic and the summary clearly shows where the project finished up on 1st October I've no problem with anyone adding to the build topics and, if necessary, moving them over to the relevant area of the site.

• RMweb Gold

Evening Andy, I would like to continue with the build thread of Bath roof but it makes sense to move it to my Bath thread in the 2mm area. Is moving the entire thing there something I can do or is it an admin job? I will edit the first post or two once its there so it fits in.

Having said that, I am assuming that it is not eligible as its not finished and I won't be going back to it until after Warley - Ticking Mill commitments.

Why am I always over optimistic of what I can get done in the allotted time!!

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Sorry for the delays in setting up the next stage.

I now need to ask challenge entrants to create a summary topic here - http://www.rmweb.co....summary-topics/ - with a link to the build topic; feel free to go to town with images and text that help sell the entry as the voting software will point to the summary topic so voters can get a good overview.

You have until 31st October to do the summary topics and then I'll open up the voting in the first week or so of November and it will run until Christmas.

As long as the summary topic links to the build topic and the summary clearly shows where the project finished up on 1st October I've no problem with anyone adding to the build topics and, if necessary, moving them over to the relevant area of the site.

Why do I feel as if I have just been set a particularly hard/big assignment as homework! :)

Thanks Andy, I'll make sure I hand it in on time sir!

Kev.

• RMweb Premium

Evening Andy, I would like to continue with the build thread of Bath roof but it makes sense to move it to my Bath thread in the 2mm area. Is moving the entire thing there something I can do or is it an admin job? I will edit the first post or two once its there so it fits in.

Having said that, I am assuming that it is not eligible as its not finished and I won't be going back to it until after Warley - Ticking Mill commitments.

Why am I always over optimistic of what I can get done in the allotted time!!

Jerry

Jerry

I started building a WR signal box for Damian's DitD (St Blazey) but something called Black country Blues got in the way. It didn't get very far but will be completed at some point. I asked the mods to merge the challenge thread into the DitD thread. Was done very quickly by Andy.

• RMweb Gold

Jerry

I started building a WR signal box for Damian's DitD (St Blazey) but something called Black country Blues got in the way. It didn't get very far but will be completed at some point. I asked the mods to merge the challenge thread into the DitD thread. Was done very quickly by Andy.

Yep, trotted off to get a glass of red and the job was done. Pretty good I'd say :sungum:

Jerry

Yes; as long as the summary reflects where you got to at the close date.

Hi Andy,

I completed mine and Peter Harvey's project well before the finish date, but didn't take any photographs of the finished article at the time - can photographs of the finished project be taken retrospectively?

I now need to ask challenge entrants to create a summary topic here - http://www.rmweb.co....summary-topics/ - with a link to the build topic...
Andy, any suggestions on how to create such a summary? Would a paragraph saying "this is what I did (e.g. build a working model of the Blue Pullman from a Cornflakes Packet :O ), here's a series of photos of the build in chronological sequence - and here's the link to the thread - be sufficient?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived